Element - How do you share it among your Tribe/Allies?

Demerus

Hey all,

I'm interested in hearing the different methods to divide up everyone's share of the element for boss fights. Obviously there is a point where tribe tek should be crafted first as a priority like transmitters and such. How about in an ally participation setting?

After all that is taken care of, how do you reward your tribe mates/allies for coming along to help gather summon items and do boss fights?

Does it go by participating in the boss fight alone, contributing atrifacts, tributes, etc. Do you use a currency system, for example (10 tributes = 1 element, 1 artifact = 5 element. etc)

How do you do it?

Cheers!

• Volunteer Moderator

as far as Tribe is concerned, it is not split--we all share the same camps and everything (minus personal dinos and personal vaults) is considered tribe assets. 

we have done bosses with allies and that has always been an even split for each person that went, whether they survived or not. we havent had boss rex (do now tho) so we were riders and provided whatever tribute items were needed. how the element is split, as far as i am concerned, is up to the player or tribe that is "hosting" the boss battle, and should be discussed before the fight.

confused why would we split it? we are one tribe, we share everything.....if we didnt we would just be allies i guess

if we have element and someone needs to craft something they craft it, if we run out we do boss battles again, same goes for any resource 

same with dinos, sure we might have 100% imprinted ones and we would usually just use the ones we have imprints with but tribe mates free to use what they like

1 minute ago, lonesurvivor said:

confused why would we split it? we are one tribe, we share everything.....if we didnt we would just be allies i guess

if we have element and someone needs to craft something they craft it, if we run out we do boss battles again, same goes for any resource 

same with dinos, sure we might have 100% imprinted ones and we would usually just use the ones we have imprints with but tribe mates free to use what they like

what about in an allied setting, how would this be handled? Would it go by each individual member's contribution? To what extent.

When we do Boss runs and allied members join in, they get told in advance, they are getting ZERO element, they are there just for the Tek engram unlocks, if they want element, they can summon the boss and we will send one or two members to help them.

But the tribe that is triggering it and using all their items to summon the boss (and is bringing enough member and dinos to win against the boss by themselves get all the element) The other alliance members are just coming for a free ride.

Elemental is costly and we never waste it on powering Tek armor, its just used to make Tek generators (and run them) Tek Transmitters and Tek Teleporters, the rest is a waste of time. (except the Tek Helm which is cool but costly)

Tek Transmitter (as it need no power to run) is the best Tek item. We have helped allied members get enough element to make theses (where we provided all the member and rexes need to win, but they provided all the items to summon the boss) but once they got a Tek Transmitter, that was the only time we would fully carry them without us taking all the element.

7 hours ago, Demerus said:

Hey all,

I'm interested in hearing the different methods to divide up everyone's share of the element for boss fights. Obviously there is a point where tribe tek should be crafted first as a priority like transmitters and such. How about in an ally participation setting?

After all that is taken care of, how do you reward your tribe mates/allies for coming along to help gather summon items and do boss fights?

Does it go by participating in the boss fight alone, contributing atrifacts, tributes, etc. Do you use a currency system, for example (10 tributes = 1 element, 1 artifact = 5 element. etc)

How do you do it?

Cheers!

no allies.

when we do boss farming, we collect 200 or 300 element and then build according to whatever is the most beneficial for the entire tribe. a high traffic area will get tek behemoth sooner than a smaller structure or wall. if there is any arguement about it while discussing within your tribe comms, i suspect your tribe may have some issues. Tribe needs come first above all.

14 minutes ago, Zed38 said:

no allies.

when we do boss farming, we collect 200 or 300 element and then build according to whatever is the most beneficial for the entire tribe. a high traffic area will get tek behemoth sooner than a smaller structure or wall. if there is any arguement about it while discussing within your tribe comms, i suspect your tribe may have some issues. Tribe needs come first above all.

tribe needs come first 100% but we are at the point where once that is taken care of we want to use the element to build stuff for personal use in our own houses, for trades, since tek is highly sought after etc

Like someone else mentioned, we don't waste tek on BS gear. Structures come first, tek generators and running them. If we do a run and we have excess to what the tribe currently needs to maintain/advance itself, we split it. I take my share and trade it. 

*Edit* 

I haven't ran with allies so I cannot provide info on splitting with them. 

A tribe who's members demand that the element should be split evenly amongst eachother is not a tribe imo. Unless the tribe can easily fend and sustain its self without a weekly income of element. 

Archived