State of Official Hardcore Legacy Servers.

legendaryc4

Hey Arkers.

I wanted to reach out to @Jat and @Jeremy Stieglitz about the current situation regarding the hardcore legacy servers on all platforms, but particularly servers on xbox as this is my main platform I play on. 

The main issue with most if not all hardcore servers is that the population is low. Most servers have under 10 people playing at all times unless you are on Servers 100 or 826 where my tribe and our alpha alliance tribes keep the peace and let newbies build.

The  thing is if new clusters come out for the hardcore mode from a business stand point it doesnt seem logical to have new servers because most servers are quite dead amd there are barely any other alphas[due to our alliance]. The Hardcore Community is a very tightly meshed community where all the trolls know eachother and most good tribes know eachother. If new a new cluster was to come out it would divide the community 

My server on the weekends is mostly at 20 pop while others are at 5 to 10 pop. It took me and my tribe 7 months to get a pop of 10 to top out at 40. Of cousre it dropped once server trolls offlined the smaller tribes but its getting back up due to us trading and helping out new tribes.

If wildcard makes a move on the hardcore servers my best advice would be to reduce the number of island servers and reduce the scorched earth servers to 2. There a total of 17 hardcore servers for xbox 1 being a center map and 4 being scorched earth. Scorched is super dead and most island servers as well. If i were wildcard i would reduce the number to 2 scorched maps 4 islands and 1 each of the center and ragnarok. This would bring the community back and the population of hardcore in one move. Also noobs could still come and enjoy hardcore if they like all they have to do is join 826 or 100 where the alphas are friendly and there are plenty of ooen spaces to build nice bases.

Anyways thats my 2 cents. I hope wildcard makes the right move for this particular ark mode as we are the true survivalists. 

Thanks Jat btw for the post you said you will make about this topic this week. 

C4 over and out.:Jerblove:

@legendaryc4 

Yeah it doesn't make much sense to have 2 isolated hc networks. Either just have all legacy or all new. How would u and the other alphas feel about starting over and scrapping it all? And did duping ever become a problem on hc? I plan to play these servers and don't mind either solution but I'm just returning, so not much to lose. If they release new hc servers, im going there, tho. 

@waterKeeper

Jat already mentionned that specialty gamemodes such as Hardcore will be handled differently than regular servers due to their lower population count.

Duping on Hardcore is not inexistent, but VERY rare. I personally only saw 1 tribe of russians that did it with wyverns but that's about it. Primitive Hardcore is free of dupers from what I saw.

As for wiping said servers, I don't believe it is a necessity as most players won't last 1-2 hours at most without dying, losing it all and raging. Don't forget that when you die and you will die, no matter how careful you can be, you'll lose your tribe, dinosaurs and levels. Eventually, they'll die from starvation and buildings will despawn under 2-3 weeks leaving only spike walls. Technically, said servers are wiping themselves over time, for the exception of the very few tribes that can make it to higher levels.

If you are looking to give it a try, you can always come on our server and we'll gladly provide you with starter tools/armor to get yourself started in your hardcore adventures!

Regards.

14 hours ago, waterKeeper said:

@legendaryc4 

Yeah it doesn't make much sense to have 2 isolated hc networks. Either just have all legacy or all new. How would u and the other alphas feel about starting over and scrapping it all? And did duping ever become a problem on hc? I plan to play these servers and don't mind either solution but I'm just returning, so not much to lose. If they release new hc servers, im going there, tho. 

Yea on xbox we havent seen any dupers and i have ran my server for over a year now on hardcore. I really wouldnt want to start over again. What would be nice is if they didn't have transfers for ragnarok for at least a few months so it would give a nice feel and immersion to it all. It would bring some pvp back to hardcore once again.

Archived