cross platform severs

Robw2201

30 minutes ago, Robw2201 said:

i have been thinking how cool it would be to have cross platform severs, to have PS4 vs x-box one vs PC pvp 

or being able to do some PVE with pleople from the all three platform. 

any one know if its posable to ever have cross platform severs???

And if/when this happens the forums would be ablaze with console players whining about how the bid bad alphas of PC who have had more time and play more often wipe them with their super dinos that they bred. No thank you. This forum has enough of that already we don't need more.

I'd enjoy PvP vs. console people when I have a mouse and keyboard to kill them with better and more precise controls. Also the fact that I'll see them before they see me because my PC doesn't have a lower visibility and more fog.

I don't see how PvP between consoles and PC can go wrong in any way and be imbalanced.

WC stated that XBox and PC will have cross-platform servers with a Win10 version of ARK.

17 hours ago, perk8504 said:

PC will wreck console...I'm just excited for PC hosting of console dedis

but, would love ps vs. xbox...that would provide a lot of actual competition between the consoles instead of "well, this console sold more consoles in this time frame...so there"

Again, Xbox would win as its been around longer and has had more time to build. 

PC will be getting cross play with Xbox, but Sony will probably not allow cross platform play. 

1 hour ago, MrDynamicMan said:

Again, Xbox would win as its been around longer and has had more time to build. 

PC will be getting cross play with Xbox, but Sony will probably not allow cross platform play. 

I'm guessing that cross console servers would be new clean servers,  or potentially only unofficial servers

Eventually Sony is going to have to cave on it,  else it will end up effecting sales.  Maybe not soon,  but eventually

Wouldnt it be fun if say it was 10 pc v 10 xbox v 10 ps4 or something like that with a month to build up for a free for all at a certain date and time. PVE till the timer runs down then it switches to PVP. Could be interesting. Send out spies etc to see where the others are and how they are getting on and set traps etc for when the timer clicks down. 

Could have it as random people or mixed tribes etc who then work together for the good of the group. 

Personally, i think this could be an excellent short term game mode that could be added.

Archived