Breeding Need help understanding how it works

mrcloud9gamer

oh gee this conversation already...well...um...you see, when a mummy and daddy love each other very much...they spend some "special time" with each other...and then they have negative equity for 21yrs

but on the case of mutations I have pteras with over 130 mutations in total, useless stats tbh but lovely colours

looking to breed with lower level pteras now to see if it all carries over

50 minutes ago, X111 said:

oh gee this conversation already...well...um...you see, when a mummy and daddy love each other very much...they spend some "special time" with each other...and then they have negative equity for 21yrs

but on the case of mutations I have pteras with over 130 mutations in total, useless stats tbh but lovely colours

130 mutations? realy? thats dedication!

If they are actualy 130 mutations and not just 130/130 in the mutation counter, it's pretty impressive.

For the original question. The mutation counter goes over 20/20 but once it hits 20/20 you will not be able to get any more mutations. Also the counter does not tell how many mutations are actualy active but how many mutations happened in the familiy tree. For example if you breed brother and sister with the same mutation the child may or may not inherit the mutated stat but it will be shown on the mutation counter. So you breed brother and sister that have the same health mutation, the child gets the one health mutation but the counter will show two mutations because both it's parents had 1 mutation.

It's pretty common for people to have dinos with hundrets of mutations showing in the mutation counter but only like 3 mutations actualy active.

There is a way to get more mutations if your counter is 20/20 or over. But it's extremly time consuming as you need to breed it with a none mutated dino to get one of the values back to 0. And it will be quickly back up over 20/20.

The best way i found to get legit "super dinos" is to stack mutations of only one stat per blood line. So you end up with 20/20 in one stat. You do this for all stats and then you breed the dinos with each other to combine the mutations. That requires you to keep seperate bloodlines and a extensive amount of breeding dinos and a poop ton of time because a lot of mutation you will get will be not in the desired stat, so they are junk.

29 minutes ago, Thorium said:

If they are actualy 130 mutations and not just 130/130 in the mutation counter, it's pretty impressive.

yeah, I think I was under the assumption that mutations were lost once you start breeding for stats so went for mutations first and now looking to breed with lower levels for better stats, if the mutations remain as they say, then im going to aim for maxed out stam and carry whilst still maintaining neon colours

On 7/21/2017 at 2:38 AM, Thorium said:

For the original question. The mutation counter goes over 20/20 but once it hits 20/20 you will not be able to get any more mutations. Also the counter does not tell how many mutations are actualy active but how many mutations happened in the familiy tree. For example if you breed brother and sister with the same mutation the child may or may not inherit the mutated stat but it will be shown on the mutation counter. So you breed brother and sister that have the same health mutation, the child gets the one health mutation but the counter will show two mutations because both it's parents had 1 mutation.

It's pretty common for people to have dinos with hundrets of mutations showing in the mutation counter but only like 3 mutations actualy active.

There is a way to get more mutations if your counter is 20/20 or over. But it's extremly time consuming as you need to breed it with a none mutated dino to get one of the values back to 0. And it will be quickly back up over 20/20.

The best way i found to get legit "super dinos" is to stack mutations of only one stat per blood line. So you end up with 20/20 in one stat. You do this for all stats and then you breed the dinos with each other to combine the mutations. That requires you to keep seperate bloodlines and a extensive amount of breeding dinos and a poop ton of time because a lot of mutation you will get will be not in the desired stat, so they are junk.

This was very helpful thanks now that i really know how to do it i cant imagine making a super dino the amount of time it would take me on official lol thanks again

On 7/21/2017 at 9:56 AM, X111 said:

That ptera is obviously a crap one if it has 130 mutations... anything over the 20/20 cap limit is ghost mutations!

7 minutes ago, HoganRyan01 said:

That ptera is obviously a crap one if it has 130 mutations... anything over the 20/20 cap limit is ghost mutations!

re-read my last sentence there please

I now have enough mutations each side to water down the breeding lvl, I will bread lvl275 with lvl5, transferring stats and raising stats in that manner

Archived