Stay on legacy servers or move to new servers pvp

SmokeyB

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, fewcm said:

Why do I have the feeling Legacy servers are just slow death servers?

The same occurred to me. Especially if no new players decide (or can?) join them in favour of the new servers. They've already said they'll continue to re-purpose "ghost town" servers from the Legacy ones. Although i'm not sure how close to no players they literally mean. The server I play on usually has 7 people on at a time, maxing around 17 occasionally. I moved there from a maxed out to 70 server because that was too unplayable with the lag. I don't want to end up forced to move back to a lag situation, or start again.

Depends how bad duping gets. It's getting really really bad over here on PS4. New tribes who never even had much, are now slapping up Tek bases surrounded by 20+ Tek behemoths. It makes me sick.

I would love to start fresh on the new servers just for nostalgia as well as a fair playing field and the interaction with newbs, helping them out, etc. 

It's a slow death by natural attrition.  

PVP will go first as there will be limited new start ups to plunder and the middling tribes will realise that moving is a better option than a slow death.

PVE will last longer but will go the same way as the threshold for closing approaches.

Cant see anything that states that the Rag will be available on Legacy Servers.  Which could go either way, but it wouldn't go with the strategy they have obviously put in place.

A containment and wipe by natural attrition .  It won't be a long process and I doubt if any legacy servers will be operating within a year.

To stay or go well Im/tribe are doing both in a way and have established a dedicated server.

Where we can play the game without clutter,  hinderance or grieving and can quickly reestablish ourselves to the level we currently are then dial back the settings for a more realistic gaming experience.

24 minutes ago, Kallor said:

The only question is how long each server will last before it dies.  But they are ALL dead.

Exactly. An expiration date has been put on official servers and that is not going to sit well those players. It gives legacy servers that dreaded player dedicated vibe of one day vanishing, the 1st reason why I play official. And besides lag, my second biggest gripe is having to demo a large base which is another thing u be asked to do if u must relocate servers.

I just like how everyone was waiting on wildcard to see if they would pull the trigger on the wipe, and instead they put the gun in everyone's hand to phyche them into committing ark suicide, lol, and jumping to the new servers.

10 minutes ago, waterKeeper said:

Exactly. An expiration date has been put on official servers and that is not going to sit well those players. It gives legacy servers that dreaded player dedicated vibe of one day vanishing, the 1st reason why I play official. And besides lag, my second biggest gripe is having to demo a large base which is another thing u be asked to do if u must relocate servers.

I just like how everyone was waiting on wildcard to see if they would pull the trigger on the wipe, and instead they put the gun in everyone's hand to phyche them into committing ark suicide, lol, and jumping to the new servers.

Great closing, and very true. gg

46 minutes ago, Kallor said:

They don't even need to be purposely resource starved.  No new people will join Legacy servers anyway which means a slow population decline regardless, and once low enough they will be re-purposed into "New" servers.  Since the pop decline is obvious then you will also get the people who may be happy staying on old servers, will also jump sooner rather than later since they know it's coming.

This was all obvious many months ago.  I said it before, the writing is on the wall for the death of current servers, wipe or no wipe.  The only question is how long each server will last before it dies.  But they are ALL dead.

this is quite true, the game its self is finite.

As for resource pool starving, its very hard to excuse away a private dedicated server running 50 people with none of the performace issues as seen on official with same population and development. I will leave it to the reader to put 1 and 1 together for that.

15 minutes ago, arkark said:

And the reason for the legacy cluster are (cant say because a warning issued), that basically means WC think that all of us that play in the legacy are (cant say) and bad people, basically offenders. So they better group us in a going to be purged cluster.

Not fair.

its not that at all. its a financial decision. I explained why in the OP. You cant fault them for this, that's what businesses do to remain in operation.

i think you may be taking it a bit too personally. step back and look at the bigger picture.

Just now, Zed38 said:

its not that at all. its a financial decision. I explained why in the OP. You cant fault them for this, that's what businesses do to remain in operation.

i think you may be taking it a bit too personally. step back and look at the bigger picture.

Man, instead of doing the common sense thing (cap the dinos, remove duppers from game), they choose to isolate the EA players from the main game, giving a reason that basically call us the EA players offenders. Im not happy with it.

Im sure sooner of later, the reasons they give to split players will also be an issue in the new cluster, and then what? create a new cluster? we will end with tons of clusters

Archived