Not enough praise

Wal62

1 hour ago, Jerryn said:

I had to remove a large Off Topic conversation and any references to it, including the starting question. 

I would have split it out into its own thread, but because of some unnecessary insults, it would have been even more work trying to piece it together.

You can have discussions without accusations, conspiracies, and name calling.

ETA:  Got the one that got away.  Thanks @YUSHOETMI

Chuffed you done that, many thanks 

They do deserve more praise then they get they have made mistakes thou some like console commands most likely cannot be undone and iv learned to accept that. Maybe it was there intent to give people easy achievementsas insensitive to buy the game who knows but I think your mistaking rants and anger as selfish kids or troll when its the love and passion for this game that makes people insane.

I had taken a year off ark because i became one of those ragers I dunno if my old posts are on here bu some got pretty heated take my word for it, In that time I played at-least 100+ games some good some bad but none that i checked forums for or kept playing long. I wasn't ready to come back to ark so I tried some other survival games like 7 days to die and Subnautica and all they did was made me miss ark lol. so i started hopping in for n hr or 2 after patches to see the state of the game and test if i was ready to return. 

Thats when i realized all of the anger of this site didn't bother me anymore I actually liked it. From a devs standpoint you want people talking about your game even if bad things cause that shows they love your game if they didn't they would just uninstall the game and play something else not sit in cues or keep trying to login to down servers. All the fanboys here rip on the "whiners" but when people clap or pat on the back the devs might think "were done" when people cheer the devs might think " we are right" but when people yell and scream the devs might think " we need to keep going and make changes for the best"

Sorry for rambling the point is I agree with your post they need praise but we need the haters too we all are here cause we want the game to succeed whether you pat on the back or stage a protest. 

• Administrator

Thank you! I know it's been rough lately with the focus to prepare for console certification (now I know why there are so few persistent survival genre games to hit retail!). At last on the other side of that gauntlet, we can now redouble our focuson the live game. I appreciate everyone bearing with us and continuing to enjoy ARK, and the encouragement is very  much appreciated :) 

Cheers,
Jeremy

10 minutes ago, Jeremy Stieglitz said:

Thank you! I know it's been rough lately with the focus to prepare for console certification (now I know why there are so few persistent survival genre games to hit retail!). At last on the other side of that gauntlet, we can now redouble our focuson the live game. I appreciate everyone bearing with us and continuing to enjoy ARK, and the encouragement is very  much appreciated :) 

Cheers,
Jeremy

We love the game. It has inspired me to become a paleontologist, It has changed my life

4 minutes ago, Pachycephalosaurus said:

We love the game. It has inspired me to become a paleontologist, It has changed my life

I learned so much about Dinosaurs thanks to this game. My favorite was learning about Yutyrannus -- a theropod the size of Allosaurus that was covered in plumage, just as seen in the game (I literally did not know about this remarkable Dinosaur until it was added in that update). It was discovered in 2012 in China. Then there's the awesome Carnotaurus model, complete with its vestigial forelimbs. 

Also, no survival game has ever managed such detail before. You can even PAINT in the game! Then add in the prehistoric eco system filled with nearly every Dinosaur and extinct mammal you learned about when you were a child and you have an almost perfect survival game.  I'm so glad they went with Dinosaurs instead of zombies!

1 hour ago, Jeremy Stieglitz said:

Cheers,
Jeremy

Brilliant, that's all i can say.

2 hours ago, Jeremy Stieglitz said:

Cheers,
Jeremy

Thanks to you and your team for making a game that in many ways have made many of us to remember how to use our imagination and hope to have adventures again.

You know it's like if I was a kid again and I'm 35 years old. 

Thanks for the patience with the kids (myself included) and to take time from your agenda to post this here.

Thanks for all WC team, Let's make ARK the game that all will talk about.

One final push team, cheers.

Regards.

I will have to agree. I admit I have questioned many of the devs decisions and been more than my fair share of frustrated with some of the more horrendous bugs but I do have to give these people their due. This game is absolutely beautiful to start off with. It's like the new Skyrim standard we had for so long. The concept is fun and addictive with a really strong foundation for a long running sandbox environment.

Now I will continue to make mention of things that I just find DILO like the icthyornis, the pego, the tickle chicken and recently the incredible megatherium hulk that solo kills groups of trexes 20 levels above it. But... all and all this is just a really solid game and I am looking forward to years of playing through all the various maps. Now I do hope they make mod support a little more accessible to private server owners than having to know a crap ton about Unity but that is a wish list. Cheers to the devs and a serious thank you for more hours of fun than frustration. Heck if we all didn't love the game so much we wouldn't be so upset about it when it does us wrong. So they must be doing something right.

Will pay for expansions in the future.

3 hours ago, ammonitida said:

I learned so much about Dinosaurs thanks to this game. My favorite was learning about Yutyrannus -- a theropod the size of Allosaurus that was covered in plumage, just as seen in the game (I literally did not know about this remarkable Dinosaur until it was added in that update). It was discovered in 2012 in China. Then there's the awesome Carnotaurus model, complete with its vestigial forelimbs. 

Also, no survival game has ever managed such detail before. You can even PAINT in the game! Then add in the prehistoric eco system filled with nearly every Dinosaur and extinct mammal you learned about when you were a child and you have an almost perfect survival game.  I'm so glad they went with Dinosaurs instead of zombies!

Inspired my friend 

20 hours ago, IndridCold said:

I completely agree Wal62.  I'm also a member of the Name Flashing Spectrum crew and thoroughly enjoy the game.  A lot of the negativity reminds me of Everquest's early days which is the last game I enjoyed as much as I have ARK.

It's funny how old eq players are comparing this game and team to the glory eq days... and I would agree myself. No game has held my interest in years since provably vanilla WoW and EQs later years. From what I hear Sony and blizzard made a few bucks from those two titles

Archived