Jump to content

ARK: State of the Game


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 641
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Update:  There have been a few posts regarding the release date and why some retailer sites are displaying a different date to what we initially announced. This is because we're currently working

Yes you'll pay a monthly fee for the servers based on how many slots you pick.  Our decision hasn't been set in stone regarding a new PvE cluster, it's a possibility, but for now the team feels

I have updated the announcement to include an important change. There will be a new PvE Cluster on Launch, and the current set of PvE servers will become Legacy, similar to changes for PvP.

Posted Images

  • Volunteer Moderator
3 minutes ago, Titus said:

Is that an official statement?

Nothing I say is ever official. But lets have some commonsense here. Why would they revert flyer nerf for the new servers? If they were going to revert it then they'd have reverted it by now for all official servers.

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, GP said:

Nothing I say is ever official. But lets have some commonsense here. Why would they revert flyer nerf for the new servers? If they were going to revert it then they'd have reverted it by now for all official servers.

Ark said when they implemented the flyer nerf they would evaluate the nerf and and rebuff and balance in the future. It is the future and its a perfect time to re balance and try to get players back that quit because of the nerf. This  is a fair inquiry.

Link to post
Share on other sites

State of the game. Well my state of this game is as so, I signed on this morning to feed my new baby Dino's . I noticed my volt had another tribe name on it ,then the floor, everything in on and around belong to another tribe. So I can't feed ,open doors or anything because this game renamed my base and Dino's. Yes I fill a support ticket and maybe they'll answer it soon, but at the lost of all the hours feeding ,breeding all weekend. I know the game is still not released but this is a game breaker. Some of my tribe member have been playing since release and lost everything instantly. We put up with all the lagging, the sever crashing , the updates that cause more problems than improving.  Wild card please fix your game or hire someone that can. Ps thanks for reading.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Volunteer Moderator
1 hour ago, Titus said:

Ark said when they implemented the flyer nerf they would evaluate the nerf and and rebuff and balance in the future. It is the future and its a perfect time to re balance and try to get players back that quit because of the nerf. This  is a fair inquiry.

Well they did rebuff the flyers with v2 of the flyer nerf. They never promised that there would be another flyer buff. Sure they may come back to flyers and give it thought again, but as far as flyers are concerned what we have now is what people should expect for launch.

1 hour ago, Titus said:

As for commonsense Ark said the new servers are being re coded  and optimized first and legacy would be upgraded down the road so it would commonsense that there would be a rebuff on the new servers first because they should handle the increased speed of flyers because the memory bleeds would be fixed.

The flyers were nerfed due to memory bleeds? You sure about that? The servers being recoded and optimized have nothing to do with flyers.

Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, GP said:

Well they did rebuff the flyers with v2 of the flyer nerf. They never promised that there would be another flyer buff. Sure they may come back to flyers and give it thought again, but as far as flyers are concerned what we have now is what people should expect for launch.

The flyers were nerfed due to memory bleeds? You sure about that? The servers being recoded and optimized have nothing to do with flyers.

I was told that they had to slow the dinos down to combat dash boarding and that the dash boarding was caused by low memory and bleeds. So maybe we cant get a strait answer on this? I will find the Dev quote for you on the flyer nerf rebuff.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Titus said:

I was told that they had to slow the dinos down to combat dash boarding and that the dash boarding was caused by low memory and bleeds. So maybe we cant get a strait answer on this? I will find the Dev quote for you on the flyer nerf rebuff.

I think what you are doing is creating a Logical Fallacy. Your premise is that flyers were nerfed because of low memory and bleeds. Now that those are fixed, we can remove the flyer nerf. But your premise is false, so the conclusion that we can remove the flyer nerf is false too. I like most, would like the flyers back they way they were. I just play on unofficial servers with mods to do that. I doubt any argument you raise here is going to un-nerf the flyers for official servers.

Now if you just want to waste everyone's time hashing something out again that has already been beaten to death shortly after the flyer nerf occurred, then I guess it will be up to the moderator to put a quick end to that (although they haven't so far).

Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, GP said:

They will be coming out on the 8th surely. It would be rather odd for it to release officially with no new servers.

Is there anyway for them to wipe pillars from pve maps because most are pillared of and new people can not build on them na-xbox server 91 island is just one of the 20 I went to looking for a place to build! Good luck to new people on release!

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, MasterMonkey said:

Is there anyway for them to wipe pillars from pve maps because most are pillared of and new people can not build on them na-xbox server 91 island is just one of the 20 I went to looking for a place to build! Good luck to new people on release!

New people have a new cluster of servers, so the older servers will be named as legacy. Therefore new players get their own fresh start instead of playing on the fudged up servers. Also servers that have less than 1/10 players will (I think) be recycled. (Note: PvE isn’t the true experience of Ark, PvPvE/PvP is a better enjoyed experience if you like the challenge of being raided.)

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...