ARK: State of the Game

Jatheish

1 hour ago, SirLohengrin said:

Sorry, you've squandered alot of credibility lately. I'll believe Ragnarok getting released August 8th when I see it August 8th. You have proven that timeframes mean nothing. You couldn't deliver when you scheduled a month out after E3. I'm sure you'll have another excuse come August 8th why you can't release Ragnarok and feel very sorry about it.

I'll be waiting to see how Rag pans out to make my decision on purchasing the game. At this point the prospect of an exciting new map is really all thats keeping me on the game.

• Volunteer Moderator
3 minutes ago, St1ckyBandit said:

I'll be waiting to see how Rag pans out to make my decision on purchasing the game. At this point the prospect of an exciting new map is really all thats keeping me on the game.

Purchase?  Unless you are changing platforms(like Steam to Xbox or Xbox to PS4), you don't need to repurchase the game.

• Haha 1

• Volunteer Moderator
1 hour ago, St1ckyBandit said:

I'm actually playing on a friend's second account right meow so I haven't purchased it myself yet

Smart.

1 hour ago, MaiynLaeth said:

Is cross buy still happening with xbox and pc?

Yes.  ETA:  But to clarify, it will be XBox, XBox X, and Windows 10(Windows Store).  Steam not included in this.  And, as far as I am aware, it is retroactive, so if you have the XBox version now, you will be grandfathered in for XBox X and the Windows 10 (Windows Store) .

50 minutes ago, ARKT0PIA said:

When I start now with fresh account at new server, got my collected hours at steam an reset too? xD

Your hours should not reset.  Just as if you playing on unofficial, single player, or new characters on other Official servers.

45 minutes ago, Arkariian said:

new servers for PC on 8th august? ragnarok island and the center?

Should be those three, plus Scorched Earth, if I am not mistaken.

Edited by Jerryn

Really? To suggest new players to join existing PVE players at this state would mean subjecting WildCard to be the developers who's game is overrun by cheaters? That's a bad, bad stigma. 

WC made a smart move to add a fresh experience for new players. And they also didn't wipe. This is already doing a lot, so please quit the QQ.

• Thanks 1

22 hours ago, Jat said:

For Xbox Play Anywhere, it's certainly a possibility that you'll be able to host from your PC but it may not be the full PC-style dedicated system, we'll have to see how it goes. We'll have more news on this to share later on.

It is possible...even with out play anywhere. There is a precedent.  Section 8 for the 360 allowed you to host a server from PC. It can be done...( you need to sign in using another silver XBL account to host the server. But, it worked very well. ) Saying it is not possible, is a falsehood.

28 minutes ago, dslick said:

Really? To suggest new players to join existing PVE players at this state would mean subjecting WildCard to be the developers who's game is overrun by cheaters? That's a bad, bad stigma. 

WC made a smart move to add a fresh experience for new players. And they also didn't wipe. This is already doing a lot, so please quit the QQ.

Yes! They made everyone happy!

The few people that are still salty, I will never understand..

57 minutes ago, MaiynLaeth said:

Is cross buy still happening with xbox and pc?

34 minutes ago, Jerryn said:

Yes.

I don't think current PC (Steam) will be playing with Xbox.  It will require the Windows Store version of the game, which will be different than the Steam version.  As Jat said earlier in this thread, they are different games, though they seem the same.  If I am wrong, please correct me and provide a link to support it, but anytime they talk about cross play it specifically references Windows Store version.

• Thanks 1

I represent Clan FMF, a community of gamers.  I have read the original post and all comments carefully.  It is awesome that both PVE and PVP are getting new clusters giving all players the option (yes it does matter).  Not to mention at a considerable cost to the developer.  With how responsive Wildcard is I felt it necessary to give my opinion.

We are very active on ARK particularly on PVE at the moment.  Watching the well established eventually legacy server Tribes complain here about the doom of their servers with the announcement of this decision is amusing with what we have experienced relatively new to ARK (2 months).  They basically run a monopoly by pillaring the entire map and build laggy inconsiderate megastructures which no one can do anything about because it is PVE.  Now they are upset that rightfully so many old and new players come August 8 will go to the launch servers for better opportunity and not deal with them; forging all new relationships (even if the outcome is eventually the same).  Reading the comments I see a bunch of bully's angry they are going to lose their stranglehold on other people and ultimately no one is going to play/trade with them. But developers did you a solid and let you keep your operation.  Now everyone has an option and you are upset?  You will have to go to the new servers un-touched by dupeing etc. for meaningful trade where it is a level playing field.  Or stay where you are and trade with each other and continue to give other new players a hard time until they too get fed up. Which is what the bully's obviously wanted anyway with the way they were conducting themselves (kiting things into base, blocking pathways, etc.) speaking from  our own experience.  And before someone tries to go there..no we aren't scrubs, we worked hard and obtained Gigas and Boss Rexes just for you griefers.

The "nice tribes" who will no doubt have a rebuttal  are a minority, small and few in between.  

We applaud Wildcards decision.  To those PVE bully's upset, you clearly wanted the server to yourself.  Enjoy the pile of dust you created, knowing this was early access.

• Like 4

Hey Arkers.

I wanted to reach out to @Jat and @Jeremy Stieglitz about the current situation regarding the hardcore legacy servers on all platforms, but particularly servers on xbox as this is my main platform I play on. 

The main issue with most if not all hardcore servers is that the population is low. Most servers have under 10 people playing at all times unless you are on Servers 100 or 826 where my tribe and our alpha alliance tribes keep the peace and let newbies build.

The  thing is if new clusters come out for the hardcore mode from a business stand point it doesnt seem logical to have new servers because most servers are quite dead amd there are barely any other alphas[due to our alliance]. The Hardcore Community is a very tightly meshed community where all the trolls know eachother and most good tribes know eachother. If new a new cluster was to come out it would divide the community 

My server on the weekends is mostly at 20 pop while others are at 5 to 10 pop. It took me and my tribe 7 months to get a pop of 10 to top out at 40. Of cousre it dropped once server trolls offlined the smaller tribes but its getting back up due to us trading and helping out new tribes.

If wildcard makes a move on the hardcore servers my best advice would be to reduce the number of island servers and reduce the scorched earth servers to 2. There a total of 17 hardcore servers for xbox 1 being a center map and 4 being scorched earth. Scorched is super dead and most island servers as well. If i were wildcard i would reduce the number to 2 scorched maps 4 islands and 1 each of the center and ragnarok. This would bring the community back and the population of hardcore in one move. Also noobs could still come and enjoy hardcore if they like all they have to do is join 826 or 100 where the alphas are friendly and there are plenty of ooen spaces to build nice bases.

Anyways thats my 2 cents. I hope wildcard makes the right move for this particular ark mode as we are the true survivalists. 

Thanks Jat btw for the post you said you will make about this topic this week. 

C4 over and out.:Jerblove:

• Volunteer Moderator
12 minutes ago, johnm81 said:

Which decision hasn't been made yet for specialty servers?

The one regarding if low pops will be re-purposed?

OR

The one regarding if they will have their cross ark transfers turned on?

This is Jat's quote from yesterday:

We'll still be discussing some other factors with our current server setup including hardcore, isolated, smaller clusters, PGMs/extinctions etc :)

So, it sounds link those 2 questions, and more, have not been decided yet.

Edited by Jerryn