ARK: State of the Game

Jatheish

6 hours ago, jpcab said:

So in a way..this was a wipe..

With no new players legacy servers will die slowly. Players are already quiting..massive alfa tribes are already thinking and preparing to start over from scratch...bases are being abandoned... All the work done until now is lost. Players with so much to do yet...loosing the motivation

in a month everything will be the same though

Yea new player's were only able to play on like 20% of these servers anyway lol. Our servers die cause were greedy AF in this game and most alphas can't comprehend that there killing there own server... Wipe or not. Legit take 10 new survivors put them on separate servers with alphas on each and see how many make it to metal tier or even come close to putting two auto turrets up. 1/10 probably got lucky as ever. Idk man.. All I'm saying is alpha need to take a chill at some point and think a little more self less.

Negative Nancy over here. what would you suggest the alternative be? cause they are of course going to do their best to fix all the duping, they know the damage its dealing to the game. so best thing they can do is basically quarantine the damage that's already been done off away from the new official servers and continue to fight the exploiters, theres always going to be some ppl out there that are going to use and abuse these types of things, in every game, its not WC fault that they were able to attract sooo many ppl to this game, so there were obviously gonna be the handful of players that are going to do every disgusting thing they can to the game to appear "unraidable" and all that.

So this newest patch that just dropped on PS4 has just broke SP.  Made an all new game when the big patch finally dropped and I figured to go through and open the Center map the way WC wants us to. Got all the things up to about lvl 65 or 70 and hand a few dinos I needed but when I login today after the new update I have 20 some odd lols from no where and my statistics are set to lvl 1. Not only that but I only get the stat bonus for those free 20 lols all the rest are just gone! WC takes over a month just to get one update out for PS4 and in that time they say the delays are to fix major problems and the don't see this one? Did they not test any late game stuff? As it stands my only choices are to start all over and hope this isn't the new norm or walk away completely and play a game with a real dev team behind it. 

1 hour ago, TwoHammered said:

Will I be able to transfer my character to these new servers, or will I have to start over from lvl 1?

Yea I know what you mean. I understand not being able to take any items or gear, or dino's, or anything really... but I'd like to not have to start a new character just to play it.

On 7/19/2017 at 4:45 PM, Jat said:

New servers to support new content like Ragnarok, yeah, but there aren't any plans to create a new PvE cluster (for now - again not set in stone) like what we're doing for PvP

What you quoted was in regards to the servers which we end up repurposing due to low population, we'll be notifying players via our social channels (here and social media) of which servers are going to be affected, so that they can make use of the current cross ARK system and move to a new location. As for the small CrossARK Clusters, I see your point and I'll address with the team this week to see where we stand on that. Sorry, I don't have an answer for you currently but as soon as we decide, I will be sure to get word out.

@Jat   Thank you for replying to me on this, but we're all still waiting for an update on this matter.

Edited by Caseybear

On 2017-07-19 at 5:45 PM, Jat said:

What you quoted was in regards to the servers which we end up repurposing due to low population, we'll be notifying players via our social channels (here and social media) of which servers are going to be affected, so that they can make use of the current cross ARK system and move to a new location. As for the small CrossARK Clusters, I see your point and I'll address with the team this week to see where we stand on that. Sorry, I don't have an answer for you currently but as soon as we decide, I will be sure to get word out.

@Jat I too would like to know this, it can see how it would be unfair for everyone else when the alphas on these isolated CrossArkCluster servers can just transfer all their poop over and claim the whole map on straight away.. So if the answer is no I think that would be a wise decision that makes sense.

Let them keep their legacy but make them start over for Ragnarok!

A yes or a no would be awesome just so we know how its gonna be :)

Anyway, a new cluster will have same problems than current "legacy" cluster, it's teenage gamers behavior. On pvp some alpha tribe will rise and start to claim one, two, ten servers, then some alpha tribes will group up to form mega-corps. Maybe it will even be same players than "legacy" ones. It's just about one or two month. 
On pve, you will see pillar abuse too. 
But ok, maybe a new cluster is the most easy solution for a short period.
A better and longer solution will be player pvp balance, including player protection for beginners, transfer limitations, and pillar abuse detection.  

Edited by LinuxGyver

1 hour ago, LinuxGyver said:

Anyway, a new cluster will have same problems than current "legacy" cluster, it's teenage gamers behavior. On pvp some alpha tribe will rise and start to claim one, two, ten servers, then some alpha tribes will group up to form mega-corps. Maybe it will even be same players than "legacy" ones. It's just about one or two month. 
On pve, you will see pillar abuse too. 
But ok, maybe a new cluster is the most easy solution for a short period.
A better and longer solution will be player pvp balance, including player protection for beginners, transfer limitations, and pillar abuse detection.  

Pve needs some sort of groundclaiming mechanic (that can't work in certain high resource/special spawn areas), players would then be restricted to building within proximity of their claimed ground.. might even lower player cap of pve servers tbh.. I would also lift restrictions for platform saddles so players could be semi/nomadic to a degree.. just my thoughts.  I don't play pve, but they do need some tlc it sounds like..