ARK: State of the Game

Jatheish

11 minutes ago, BigRed1227 said:

Seriously? 2 years of waiting and we now have to wait for the ps4 cert ? 8.8 was the definitive date, and bc ps4 may/May not pass cert, the rest of the users have to wait?

It's not a patience issue at this point....

That's just it. Ps4 already got their update this morning. His post is very confusing.

21 hours ago, MasterMonkey said:

Ok so its been a week out since this post. Is there any criteria on which servers will be wiped we know it will be low population but what is that criteria because I have a lot to move that took a year to build and breed. It will take a month or longer to move. A little more than a weeks heads up would be great!

Also you might want to make a decision on how fairly quickly because Light and Dark is coming to xbox soon and will cut the ark community in half it has already started on the pc community.

when they talked about this they mentioned Ghost Towns.... IMO servers that have little to no action

1 hour ago, Jat said:

There have been a few posts regarding the release date and why some retailer sites are displaying a different date to what we initially announced. This is because We're currently working on getting the game through PlayStation 4 Certification at the moment (as all platforms will need to release simultaneously). As soon as we've got a definitive update to the release date, we'll let you know officially.

Please tell me you will proceed with releasing the new servers and/or Ragnarok on the game platforms that can.  You have A LOT of people excited about starting new.  Myself and others are venturing off to play other games because we are in a limbo stage where nothing matters.  If this gets pushed, I can imagine some us may get wrapped up in the other games and not come back. 

So in a way..this was a wipe..

With no new players legacy servers will die slowly. Players are already quiting..massive alfa tribes are already thinking and preparing to start over from scratch...bases are being abandoned... All the work done until now is lost. Players with so much to do yet...loosing the motivation

in a month everything will be the same though

yes....but main tribes will in a month be like they are now. Just with less powerful dinos.

they are already preparing to move...with 10, 15 or 20 players will recover fast.

I have no reasons to play this game anymore...

i ll wait for the release day and start over again.

Lesson learned. Do not buy early access games anymore

• Thanks 1

Ya I also think that it's just going to be like how it is now anyways. The ONLY way you can play this game online with any intention of pvping is to just join a mega tribe, or have 20+ friends buy the game.

Cross server transfers, with an insane amount of members and alliances allowed within a tribe makes the game solely about numbers. Don't get me wrong, numbers should mean something in the game, but the way it is now will mean no longevity in the game for anyone not willing to join a mega tribe. It should honestly be a 10 man tribe limit with a 2 tribe alliance limit. There should also be a 24 hour ORP activation starting 15-30 mins after the last member of your tribe logs off

1 minute ago, jpcab said:

the problem is i have no motivation to play this game anymore. Until the release day.

I'm with you, most ppl I know who played on officials/non-dedi are now just casually playing SP until release. With all these sudden patches/rollbacks/dead babies/duping/and lost characters from transfers, it's leaving people uneasy. 

• Like 1

Reality overdose in this topic.

i feel you guys, I really do. My tribe is in the same boat. No motivation of progress further on our legacy server because we want to start fresh on launch.

we are refreshing base and feeding our Dino's to keep them as a backup in case the new servers end up like ragnarok' release. We all know the nightmares that map has brought to players and continues to do.

we are keeping our options open and at the same time like mentioned above scouting out new locations and practising for being naked and afraid again on the new clusters.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, BigSchuetze said:

My guys waiting for the release, since you where posting that the old server became legacy server. We are so hyped for the 8th and now, only because a paper for ps4 all release dates became invalid. Thats sad for the game it selves. Guys that isnt a good release start.

Another blow to the present players.

3 hours ago, Chuuuuck said:

Please tell me you will proceed with releasing the new servers and/or Ragnarok on the game platforms that can.  You have A LOT of people excited about starting new.  Myself and others are venturing off to play other games because we are in a limbo stage where nothing matters.  If this gets pushed, I can imagine some us may get wrapped up in the other games and not come back. 

Why would they open the new servers if they are delaying the retail release? The whole point of the new servers was to give the new players a place to start on even ground. I

Hey all,

I play Ark on Xbox One, and I am just wondering if there will be any legacy ragnarock servers added. My tribe has pre-built many structures, bred new dinos, etc. . . for the upcoming map, but I haven't read or found any news on if there will be any legacy rag servers added or if they will all be new clusters. Any info is appreciated.

Cheers,

QuetzalQuincy

• Volunteer Moderator
16 minutes ago, QuetzalQuincy said:

Hey all,

I play Ark on Xbox One, and I am just wondering if there will be any legacy ragnarock servers added. My tribe has pre-built many structures, bred new dinos, etc. . . for the upcoming map, but I haven't read or found any news on if there will be any legacy rag servers added or if they will all be new clusters. Any info is appreciated.

Cheers,

QuetzalQuincy

Yes.

5 hours ago, Jat said:

There have been a few posts regarding the release date and why some retailer sites are displaying a different date to what we initially announced. This is because we're currently working on getting the game through PlayStation 4 Certification at the moment (as all platforms will need to release simultaneously). As soon as we've got a definitive update to the release date, we'll let you know officially.

You know, I was joking when I said that you guys wouldn't meet this deadline (what with you guys not meeting previous deadlines far more often than you make them) in a recent video I did.  Now?  Now I'm not convinced it was completely a joke.  I may have been serious.  No optimization announcements, no fixes for common crash issues, and now because you guys can't do something as simple as a certification (and, you know, make sure your ducks are in a Goddamn row before making an announcement as substantial as this) you may not make your debut?

Welcome to the garbage tier, enjoy your stay.  Even if you do make it, the fact you have to post this is enough to solidify your stay.

• Like 1