ARK: State of the Game

Jatheish

5 hours ago, enigma9912 said:

I have a question about Ragnarok servers and Legacy servers.

I understand the reason behind creating new PvPcluster servers due to exploits ,Duping and DDosing. In order to stop these tribes from transferring duped items to the new servers and flooding them and controlling them right off the release on Aug 8th.

Will there be Specific Servers for Ragnarok that these Legacy servers can transfer to? or will Legacy servers be able to transfer to any PvP ragnarok server?

I ask this because what would the point of creating fresh Island ,Scorch and Center maps if the servers that have duped items can transfer to all ragnarok servers being its PvP to PvP transferring?

I feel the new pvp servers being released on the 8th should have their own cluster of servers on ragnarok to transfer to that (legacy servers can not).

I can see an issue possibly occurring such as, Transferring duped items to the ragnarok server then transferring from ragnarok to one of the new servers being released on the 8th thus getting around the not being able to transfer from Legacy to the new server basically Using Ragnarok as a Transfer beacon to move Duped items around.

Maybe I missed this in the statement but as of now I didn't see any clarification on this part of transferring

LOL, on the classic setting, this white text is invisible. I can only read it if I select all the text.

1 hour ago, krisskyy said:

Its sad that people are so greedy..

Indeed. Cheaters and hackers unbalance and kill games. Garry's Mod is a great example of this, most if not all PVP game-modes (in Garry's Mod) have script and hack-abusing server admins and players. These people don't even cheat to hurt the game, they just cheat because they're afraid of being killed in the game and insulted. 

(Picture included to show you that I know what I'm talking about)

In regards to ARK,  it will not suffer the same fate.

Capture.PNG

Edited by ShawnWolf

57 minutes ago, Rfigueroa said:

What about bush people on the xbox i will like to see that happend ? Anyone ?

I don't know if bush people will make it to XBOX, it is a sponsored mod so maybe? What I do know is that NPC bush people still has bugs that need to be ironed out. For example, There is a taming bug that can cause your dinos and anything you're trying to tame stop eating. That seems to be linked with having a bush person nearby. Some NPCs do build bases,  there are different classes of npcs, and they do raid you after you reach a set level. But for some reason the bush people are extremely tough even when they are low level. This makes them feel more like fighting an NPC than a player,. They are also pretty stupid (their pathing is pretty janky i.e they'll step back and forth while trying to fight you and often times, this can give you the advantage in a fight against them)

Don't let me discourage you though, the NPCs in the bush people mod are smarter than the NPCs in Conan: Exiles.

Edited by ShawnWolf

53 minutes ago, Rfigueroa said:

What about bush people on the xbox i will like to see that happend ? Anyone ?

The current Xbox One wouldn't be able to handle mods such as Bush people.

Xbox One X on the other hand might be able to.

This mod even have some high-end spec rigs struggling.

28 minutes ago, ShawnWolf said:

the NPCs in the bush people mod are smarter than the NPCs in Conan: Exiles.

A shovel is smarter than the NPCs in Conan Exiles..

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

56 minutes ago, ShawnWolf said:

Indeed. Cheaters and hackers unbalance and kill games. Garry's Mod is a great example of this, most if not all PVP game-modes (in Garry's Mod) have script and hack-abusing admins. These people don't even cheat to hurt the game, they just cheat because they're afraid of being killed in the game and insulted. 

(Picture included to show you that I know what I'm talking about)

In regards to ARK,  it will not suffer the same fate.

Capture.PNG

I hope that WC can block all that. Rollbacks when you have babies sucks

• Like 1

Ok so its been a week out since this post. Is there any criteria on which servers will be wiped we know it will be low population but what is that criteria because I have a lot to move that took a year to build and breed. It will take a month or longer to move. A little more than a weeks heads up would be great!

Also you might want to make a decision on how fairly quickly because Light and Dark is coming to xbox soon and will cut the ark community in half it has already started on the pc community.

Edited by MasterMonkey

On 7/19/2017 at 3:11 PM, MrTarkanian48 said:

Any decisions on the future of the "Experimental No Tame Servers"?

I have been playing this exclusively on PS4.

Will these still remain as Legacy servers and no longer be considered experimental?

Will there be a new No Tame cluster?

Will one or both include Ragnarok?

Please answer this question. It literally takes 10 minutes to say yes or no and get the diction approved. Just give us an answer please.

I trolled through as many of the comments as I could, so I hope this wasn't already covered. Or I hope it was and someone could answer it:

8/8 there will be new servers, will it be a midnight release of new servers? Which time zone are we talking about? Do the new servers include OCE servers? Will they open earlier since we play in the future? 

• Volunteer Moderator
13 minutes ago, chocopuffs said:

I trolled through as many of the comments as I could, so I hope this wasn't already covered. Or I hope it was and someone could answer it:

8/8 there will be new servers, will it be a midnight release of new servers? Which time zone are we talking about? Do the new servers include OCE servers? Will they open earlier since we play in the future? 

Specific timings haven't been announced yet, I believe that will be nearer the time.

• Administrator

There have been a few posts regarding the release date and why some retailer sites are displaying a different date to what we initially announced. This is because we're currently working on getting the game through PlayStation 4 Certification at the moment (as all platforms will need to release simultaneously). As soon as we've got a definitive update to the release date, we'll let you know officially.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Jat said:

There have been a few posts regarding the release date and why some retailer sites are displaying a different date to what we initially announced. This is because We're currently working on getting the game through PlayStation 4 Certification at the moment (as all platforms will need to release simultaneously). As soon as we've got a definitive update to the release date, we'll let you know officially.

Wait, what? Are you saying the full game may not release on the 8th? 

21 minutes ago, Jat said:

There have been a few posts regarding the release date and why some retailer sites are displaying a different date to what we initially announced. This is because We're currently working on getting the game through PlayStation 4 Certification at the moment (as all platforms will need to release simultaneously). As soon as we've got a definitive update to the release date, we'll let you know officially.

Seriously? 2 years of waiting and we now have to wait for the ps4 cert ? 8.8 was the definitive date, and bc ps4 may/May not pass cert, the rest of the users have to wait?

It's not a patience issue at this point....

• Like 1