ARK: State of the Game

Jatheish

9 hours ago, wildbill said:

I think what you are doing is creating a Logical Fallacy. Your premise is that flyers were nerfed because of low memory and bleeds. Now that those are fixed, we can remove the flyer nerf. But your premise is false, so the conclusion that we can remove the flyer nerf is false too. I like most, would like the flyers back they way they were. I just play on unofficial servers with mods to do that. I doubt any argument you raise here is going to un-nerf the flyers for official servers.

Now if you just want to waste everyone's time hashing something out again that has already been beaten to death shortly after the flyer nerf occurred, then I guess it will be up to the moderator to put a quick end to that (although they haven't so far).

Well since there is no classic flyer mod for for xbox or playstation its worth revisiting considering the size of ragnorak if players or devs have taken into consideration how much of their game time is going to be spent traveling. Has anyone logged travel times for the different flyers across ragnorak yet? Maybe someone has some time to waste on time trials?

On 7/19/2017 at 5:35 PM, Jat said:

There will be new maps. Currently there are only plans to have a PvP cluster, and keep the current PvE cluster as is.

This is the worst option possible. PvE needs new servers the most, with everything on current servers being either built on or reserved with pillars and foundations. 

6 hours ago, Titus said:

Well since there is no classic flyer mod for for xbox or playstation its worth revisiting considering the size of ragnorak if players or devs have taken into consideration how much of their game time is going to be spent traveling. Has anyone logged travel times for the different flyers across ragnorak yet? Maybe someone has some time to waste on time trials?

I'm not familiar with how the XBox platform works. You can play on an unofficial, but just not with any mods, right? I'd recommend you try Crystal Isles then. The Crystal Wyverns are fast enough with no upgrade to their speed. The map has all the creatures of Scorched Earth and the Island. It is still incomplete, but a lot of fun to play. Besides the nerfed flyer speeds, the 2nd biggest problem with ARK (for PVE), is the grind. I'm playing it with a mod that removes much of the grind, but raising the rates on an unofficial can reduce the grind too.

15 hours ago, Kiloton said:

New people have a new cluster of servers, so the older servers will be named as legacy. Therefore new players get their own fresh start instead of playing on the fudged up servers. Also servers that have less than 1/10 players will (I think) be recycled. (Note: PvE isn’t the true experience of Ark, PvPvE/PvP is a better enjoyed experience if you like the challenge of being raided.)

I've played pvp for over a year got tired of not being able to go on vacation for fear of losing everything that took a year to make. That's why I play pve now.

2 hours ago, MasterMonkey said:

I've played pvp for over a year got tired of not being able to go on vacation for fear of losing everything that took a year to make. That's why I play pve now.

Oh, okay. So you just at don’t like the raiding part of PvP, and a year would of gotten you a metal base with at least x species, nonetheless auto turrets.

7 minutes ago, Kiloton said:

Oh, okay. So you just at don’t like the raiding part of PvP, and a year would of gotten you a metal base with at least x species, nonetheless auto turrets.

I think he doesn't like the getting wiped part :D

I only gave PVP a 3 week trial. I had four different bases on one of the no tame servers. A raiding party came through and cleaned out every one of the bases. These are guys on foot, so either there were like 30 of them, or they just dumped everything they didn't want onto the ground just so I would have nothing. I don't see the point of this type of game play. I too was in constant fear of this happening. When it finally did, I was relieved, as I could then quit and go back to the PVE I enjoyed.

*** PVE *** Xbox Console

So, current Official PvE Servers will become Legacy PVE Servers.

Legacy Servers can transfer to other Legacy Servers (Legacy Island > Legacy Ragnarok)

There will also be NEW Official servers, and these can transfer to other NEW official servers (New Island > New Ragnarok) 

Both Legacy and New Servers will get Ragnarok, all future updates, fixes of duping, server crashing and ddosing AND future DLCs.

So basically all PvE official servers got divided into Legacy or New, I assume this will also happen to The Center and Scorched Earth servers? Every "map" will have 2 categories, New or Legacy...

I just hope there is enough servers for everyone around, cuse there will be a lot of moving around for sure.

I also think Legacy servers will out-live the new servers, as long as Legacy servers get tuned up, the current worlds are too laggy and glitchy in some servers, any specific fixes for legacy servers ONLY WC?

BTW THANKS WC! I'll continue to play Ark!!!

On 7/19/2017 at 1:45 PM, Joebl0w13 said:

This is 100% true. The old PVE servers will die quickly without the ability to trade with the new ones.

EDIT: I'm rethinking this... I don't think they will die. There's room for both ecosystems to exist mutually exclusive of each other.

I agree that there appears to be room for both to coexist initially.  Gradually though I think you will see the legacy servers wind down through attrition.  Additionally I think you will see 30-70% of current PVE players insta-switch to new servers when they are launched.  Why be third fiddle on a legacy server when you can use what you learned and be a big hitter on a new server?  With those new players leaving, there will be far fewer up and coming players to trade with.

21 hours ago, Titus said:

It doesn't take long to travel Ragnarok on a griffin or wyvern.  It's a nightmare on an argent or quetzal.

On 7/25/2017 at 6:31 PM, Marinxar said:

This is the worst option possible. PvE needs new servers the most, with everything on current servers being either built on or reserved with pillars and foundations. 

No, its the best option. No need to divide the PvE playerbase.  There is so much space out there for players.  Even near-deserted servers on PvE.  New players have plenty of space to start, and if other people feel the need to start fresh then go to one of the near-deserted servers, create a new character, and start fresh.  Literally, the issues that plague PvP are not an issue in PvE, both in quantity and effect.  Go on out there, play your game, if you want to find some space i'll give you a hand.

• Like 1

On 7/25/2017 at 1:10 PM, Kiloton said:

I had 220 turrets all full 70 plant x all place strategically. And you still can not leave for a 7 day vacation with out getting wiped. That's why I left pvp. That's not an issue with me either if someone wants to do that that is fine. However pillaring off an entire server on pve is

On 25/07/2017 at 10:16 AM, Titus said:

Youre probably taking too many dodos with you. Too many dodos slow your flyers down!

The truth is that the great tribes are already organizing for the launch of the game. With or without cheating, it is an illusion to think that minor tribes or beginners will have any chance against these tribes. Many of them already have more than 200 players waiting only the launch of the game, to begin their conquests. In 24 hours many of these tribes will already have metal bases and lots of artillery to annihilate the other less organized tribes. Knowledge is everything. I'm sorry for the players who think they'll be disputing something. Even playing without cheating, many tribes already have 2 years of experience in the game and know exactly what to do and when to do it.
I'm not speculating. This is the reality. All the big ones want a piece of the new servers.
Anyone who does not get organized will get hit.

I have a question about Ragnarok servers and Legacy servers.

I understand the reason behind creating new PvPcluster servers due to exploits ,Duping and DDosing. In order to stop these tribes from transferring duped items to the new servers and flooding them and controlling them right off the release on Aug 8th.

Will there be Specific Servers for Ragnarok that these Legacy servers can transfer to? or will Legacy servers be able to transfer to any PvP ragnarok server?

I ask this because what would the point of creating fresh Island ,Scorch and Center maps if the servers that have duped items can transfer to all ragnarok servers being its PvP to PvP transferring?

I feel the new pvp servers being released on the 8th should have their own cluster of servers on ragnarok to transfer to that (legacy servers can not).

I can see an issue possibly occurring such as, Transferring duped items to the ragnarok server then transferring from ragnarok to one of the new servers being released on the 8th thus getting around the not being able to transfer from Legacy to the new server basically Using Ragnarok as a Transfer beacon to move Duped items around.

Maybe I missed this in the statement but as of now I didn't see any clarification on this part of transferring

• Volunteer Moderator
2 minutes ago, enigma9912 said:

I have a question about Ragnarok servers and Legacy servers.

I understand the reason behind creating new PvPcluster servers due to exploits ,Duping and DDosing. In order to stop these tribes from transferring duped items to the new servers and flooding them and controlling them right off the release on Aug 8th.

Will there be Specific Servers for Ragnarok that these Legacy servers can transfer to? or will Legacy servers be able to transfer to any PvP ragnarok server?

I ask this because what would the point of creating fresh Island ,Scorch and Center maps if the servers that have duped items can transfer to all ragnarok servers being its PvP to PvP transferring?

I feel the new pvp servers being released on the 8th should have their own cluster of servers on ragnarok to transfer to that (legacy servers can not).

I can see an issue possibly occurring such as, Transferring duped items to the ragnarok server then transferring from ragnarok to one of the new servers being released on the 8th thus getting around the not being able to transfer from Legacy to the new server basically Using Ragnarok as a Transfer beacon to move Duped items around.

Maybe I missed this in the statement but as of now I didn't see any clarification on this part of transferring

Legacy and New Servers are completely seperate and non-transferable.

This means Legacy Ragnarok servers can only be transferred to/from on other Legacy servers. The same goes for new Ragnarok servers, only transferable to/from new servers.

Edited by GP