ARK: State of the Game

Jatheish

3 minutes ago, seXikanac said:

From State of the Game, I didn't had clear answer. Will those new servers all in one cluster with CrossARK enabled but separate from old (Legacy), or we will have 4 servers in they own clusters and people will not be able to move from those 4 clusters to another 4 clusters?

I'm pretty darn sure that WC wouldn't needlessly disable crossark within the new server clusters. Sure they can't do anything with Legacy servers, but unless they backtrack their thought that cross ark was a good idea to begin with (and it isn't on PVP, PVE it's fine though) then I don't foresee them disabling crossark for the new servers.

Even though personally I'd rather see crossark disappear for PVP, and stick around for PVE. But that's a different topic for another thread.

• Thanks 1

50 minutes ago, seXikanac said:

From State of the Game, I didn't had clear answer. Will those new servers all in one cluster with CrossARK enabled but separate from old (Legacy), or we will have 4 servers in they own clusters and people will not be able to move from those 4 clusters to another 4 clusters?

It's stated in several answers that there will be no ability to move between 'new' and 'legacy'. So that looks to be the only defining characteristic, otherwise the 'new' servers will just be the same in that you can transfer between them as you can now - you just cannot move to the legacy ones (or vice versa). Think of it as a separate network segment if you like, with a firewall rule between new and legacy preventing communication.

Whether the new servers will also include Primitive+, PGM, Extinction, No-Tame and all the other varieties has not yet been answered. Although in the case of the Extinction/PGM servers I doubt there's a need for 'new' ones for those, given they reset every 30 days anyway.

Edited by TranqRex

6 minutes ago, TranqRex said:

It's stated in several answers that there will be no ability to move between 'new' and 'legacy'. So that looks to be the only defining characteristic, otherwise the 'new' servers will just be the same in that you can transfer between them as you can now - you just cannot move to the legacy ones (or vice versa). Think of it as a separate network segment if you like, with a firewall rule between new and legacy preventing communication.

Whether the new servers will also include Primitive+, PGM, Extinction, No-Tame and all the other varieties has not yet been answered. Although in the case of the Extinction/PGM servers I doubt there's a need for 'new' ones for those, given they reset every 30 days anyway.

I'm not asking about moving from old to new, I'm asking will all new servers be in one large CrossARK cluster or they will be made of clusters that will hold 4 servers each and you can't move from one cluster of 4 servers to another. As if they will be in one large cluster within a month it will be same situation as on old servers or it will kill on site as on current  Ragnarok servers

14 minutes ago, seXikanac said:

I'm not asking about moving from old to new, I'm asking will all new servers be in one large CrossARK cluster or they will be made of clusters that will hold 4 servers each and you can't move from one cluster of 4 servers to another. As if they will be in one large cluster within a month it will be same situation as on old servers or it will kill on site as on current  Ragnarok servers

Yes I know what you're asking. But because you can't move from old/new then you have to expect that the large majority of the new servers will be free to move among. As for smaller clusters, it has been sort of answered already by Jat - they aren't sure if there will be more 'small cluster' batches in the new server set as yet, they haven't decided completely how they'll be provisioned.

8 minutes ago, Toto said:

I don't want to be the one complaining, but I have holidays and still can't play on my favorite ark server (Scorched earth official 818). The server is down for 4 days now and when I check websites it is still on v262.12. I know you are already working on it, but I'm a little bit disappointed, that is takes you 4+ days to update a server. When there is a different problem let me know, I don't want to do false accusations.

and yes I already submitted a server report about 2 days ago

This isn't the thread for server reports. Tried submitting an outage report?

19 hours ago, Jat said:

For PlayStation, the reason you're not able to host on your own PC is due to security reasons. It requires secure tokens to communicate with the service which we're not able to distribute publicly but can do so to authorised host providers.

For Xbox Play Anywhere, it's certainly a possibility that you'll be able to host from your PC but it may not be the full PC-style dedicated system, we'll have to see how it goes. We'll have more news on this to share later on.

Thanks for the info Jat. Really hope this is something that can be achieved! I'm itching to host my own server on my PC

13 minutes ago, ShakerDazzy said:

It all seems fair enough to me. Thank you for not wiping indiscriminately.

Yeah, i agree. Had they not wiped & not created new servers then this would have been very harsh  on beginners/new players who wouldn't stand a chance or lose interest very quickly. Whereas if they wiped then majority of the existing player base would have given it the "that sucks, I've spent months building up and you just come along and wipe everything! thanks for nothing. RIP Ark"

So at least it pleases the majority.

@Jat hey not sure if this is asked already (there is just so much comment on this thread)

1) may I know where will you guys be uploading the legacy server data that didn't make the cut? this has been on my mind for a long time, that I wish to have the save file to be uploaded and enjoy the game with a few friends that I made in game.

2) will more than 1 person be able to get this save file? I believe some other folks on my server will want to have the same save file so they can "torture" other people's dino on them ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

3) are there any server hosts that you will recommend for people in the OC region?

@Titus @KiolLman @Zed38 I invite you all step out of your conspiracy theories for a minute and into a new player's experience.  You just bought the game and log in, you don't like PVP from bad experiences in other games and decide to try out PvE.  You load on to the server and arrive on a beach.  You start running around and the starve alert goes off, you make a campfire and try to place it... to close to another player's foundation.  You go up over a hill and as far as you can see Pillars all around a huge base.  Or maybe you spawn in and you are inside of or under someones base.  Behemoth gates surrounding you.  You try to figure out how to get out and can't.  You can't harvest enough stuff to make anything to level, you can't figure the maze out to get out, you probably don't even realize that you should get out because you're new to the game.  You starve to death and respawn in another spot, again surrounded by gates, but this time they have left signs telling you to go up the stairs and through the greenhouse.  You go and start trying to build a hut to stay the night. You can't place a foundation/campfire/sleeping bag anywhere because its all pillared.  The current PvE servers are full of this and I've experienced both (also been spawn locked literally inside of someone's gate so I couldn't even move, trouble tickets do nothing for the stack of bodies stuck in the gate). 

The new servers may get there, but at least those trying the game out in the beginning will have a chance to build and explore.  If you're concerned about your server then talk to the people on there and see if they are leaving or not.  Do something to make the server inviting to new people.  Or just stop playing for a few weeks and wait for new servers and quit whining about it on the forums.  New PvE clusters are necessary and I have no fears of the existing servers I play on going away.

You also may want to go read the Kotoku article where they claim Wildcard was ready to announce a complete launch and had a change of mind, instead deciding to go with a data transfer to new infrastructure supporting better network security and server performance.  The legacy servers will be just fine resource-wise, you can put your tinfoil hats away.  The trade market may or may not bloom, but that it up to people the run the trade markets and what they want to do.  If your server has an average 10 online, that is nowhere near the status of "remained near-zero for an extended duration of time" and I doubt you will need to be concerned. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Sorry, you've squandered alot of credibility lately. I'll believe Ragnarok getting released August 8th when I see it August 8th. You have proven that timeframes mean nothing. You couldn't deliver when you scheduled a month out after E3. I'm sure you'll have another excuse come August 8th why you can't release Ragnarok and feel very sorry about it.

• Volunteer Moderator
Just now, Shadowmistress said:

Ok so the pve server im on wikl bevome legacy whivh is great however  am i able to trsnsfer to my scorched server still and more importantly ragnarok?

If you are on a Legacy Cross Ark server, you will be able to transfer to/from any other Legacy Cross Ark server.  The same should be true for the new servers; you just will not be able to transfer from New to Legacy or Legacy to New.

As for specialty servers, they are still making decisions on those:  Hardcore, primitive, etc.

3 minutes ago, Jerryn said:

If you are on a Legacy Cross Ark server, you will be able to transfer to/from any other Legacy Cross Ark server.  The same should be true for the new servers; you just will not be able to transfer from New to Legacy or Legacy to New.

As for specialty servers, they are still making decisions on those:  Hardcore, primitive, etc.

So they are including servers of ragnarok for legacy servers correct?

• Volunteer Moderator
9 hours ago, johnm81 said:

So if 'ghost town' servers are going to be wiped but characters will be allowed to transfer off server, what does that mean us on low pop Prim+ who don't have cross ark transfers set up?Are we SOL or will Ark transfers be turned on for Prim+ Total Conversion?Thanks.

It has been stated, a few times, that the decision on specialty servers has not been made yet.

• Confused 1