ARK: State of the Game

Jatheish

The more I think about the angrier I get. Stringing the players that helped make the game along on these legacy servers is just wrong. Just admit it this legacy thing is just a PR maneuver to curve negative feedback for your game release. Your not investing in a separate server platform your buying time. It will be a huge slap in the early access players face when you start ditching legacy servers. Players are a lot more forgiving when they are told the truth and not get strung along.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Facepalm 2

2 minutes ago, Titus said:

The more I think about the angrier I get. Stringing the players that helped make the game along on these legacy servers is just wrong. Just admit it this legacy thing is just a PR maneuver to curve negative feedback for your game release. Your not investing in a separate server platform your buying time. It will be a huge slap in the early access players face when you start ditching legacy servers. Players are a lot more forgiving when they are told the truth and not get strung along.

lol been playing on xbox since day one stop complaining lol WC great game keep up the good work.

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Titus said:

They have officially stated that legacy servers will continue to be supported though. 

Edited by dslick
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, Titus said:

untill server population drops. Servers will be evaluated every 90 days for wipe or re purpose. Do you want to play under that situation?

You will have the chance to move to another Legacy server, or the option of downloading the backup and go unofficial/offline. However unfortunate that may be, I think it's pretty fair. You'd only have to rebuild your base (they will probably compensate somehow) if you want to stick with official. Unofficial/SP would make no difference if you were playing solo or with a tribe of 3 on an empty server, imo.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Jat said:

I have updated the announcement to include an important change. There will be a new PvE Cluster on Launch, and the current set of PvE servers will become Legacy, similar to changes for PvP.

Thank you man! I love your game! And I never want to stop playing!! Cheers! See you out in the wild, survivors!!

19 minutes ago, Titus said:

untill server population drops. Servers will be evaluated every 90 days for wipe or re purpose. Do you want to play under that situation?

Low population servers have been wiped before, right? So really is there any change to the current situation?

There has always been the threat of a wipe on a low population server. Now you just know that it will be the bottom 10%. Just a bit more specific. Just don't be the bottom 10% and you are fine.

• Thanks 1

• Volunteer Moderator
14 minutes ago, wildbill said:

There has always been the threat of a wipe on a low population server. Now you just know that it will be the bottom 10%. Just a bit more specific. Just don't be the bottom 10% and you are fine.

Pretty much this. The state as it is now is no different from their initial (technically second) stance where the plan was to repurpose underperforming servers.

8 minutes ago, wildbill said:

Low population servers have been wiped before, right? So really is there any change to the current situation?

We had 30 plus average until the flier nerf then it went to about 20 average two weeks of no double xp weekends went to around 10 average. Ive got about 500k ingots into my compound its not moving.  Server population has been directly caused by the devs now its on me to keep the server going? Devs have been taking  away more than they have been giving for awhile legit day oners have been leaving in droves without the promise of the grass being greener on the other side. Once people leave they are not coming back that goes for all servers. Unless you want to start a server welfare program people are going to bail. Legacy is propaganda  

• Like 1
  • Facepalm 1

4 minutes ago, Musketeer said:

For people who plan to play the game for another year+ it's just better to move to new servers. For them staying on legacy servers is just a waste of time.

For me... it just buys me some time before I move onto something else. I love the game, but things don't last forever.

i agree completely, i didnt cheat i played hard and have great tribemates to build up fast. I totaltyy restarted 5 months ago and we built up to have 4 egg tribes etc. etc. i am not going through all that effort again. gg ark Oh yeah there are 5 other ways to dupe right now that you dont have fixed or takes ddosing. So problem not solved.  The big tribes will take less than 3 days to become extremely established. poor nubs aint going to know what hit em. 

Edited by powertrip9000

• Volunteer Moderator
23 minutes ago, Titus said:

Once people leave they are not coming back that goes for all servers

My server used to be full at 70 on launch. Then dropped to 20 when The Center came out. Then back up to 50 then to 3 after SE came out. Now it's back at 45.

New/old people always come and go.

• Volunteer Moderator
5 minutes ago, xXVingasXx said:

Hey.

Will the servers be the same like this ones or it will be better servers, that performe better and we can have some PVP without 2000 ping?

More than likely there will be little to no difference between the servers hardware wise. They will both be running the exact same game code.