ARK: State of the Game

Jatheish

Dear WC, pls make zones in pvp cluster. 

U can't provide good pvp experience when u enforce players attack servers with 500 ping 

If u play in EU zone and attacked from OC zone u have 2 ways. Defend again and again, or go wipe enemy in 500ping lags what in reality feel like 2000.

Stop cross zone transfer. Stop this non sleep night, morning attack and high ping raids. 

1 hour ago, Musketeer said:

I had enthusiasm to play more, but now when I see old PvE servers are doomed to fail I'm just back to usual thing I've been doing for last month, resetting timers.

Depends, could be the opposite of what your thinking. This time next year it could be quite the opposite and the new servers are barely be alive. Or, hopefully both are alive and well. Depends how many of us old farts move and where the new guys decide to play.

42 minutes ago, Zadira said:

I have no idea how consoles work but I do have a question.  If we already have a Nitrado PC hosted private pve server up and running, will our friends, who only own Ark on console, be able to play on our server or will those types of servers have to be brand new?

If I'm understanding your question and the answers I've seen elsewhere from WC.  If it's the steam version of the game that is being hosted the folks who play on consoles will not be able to play with you.  It gets a bit blurry how it would work with the Windows Cross Play version of the game though, particularly if the players are on either PS or Xbox as I'm fairly certain one wouldn't be able to crossplay between those two given how Sony is pushing back on that happening. :(

Really hope to play with more PC folks as they've built up some great communities.  There are some great communities in the Xbox dedicated server world but they are fewer due to the multiple issues folks have had hosting them on the consoles.

• Thanks 1

Oh wow. WC was really smart about this. Niiice. Very nice. Both side of the wipe discussion should be satisfied now. I know I am. A safe place for the newbies to go is a very good thing.

I'm also curious to this whole process they'll be doing to prevent duping and the like. Very intrigued moreso that you are already putting it into place! Maybe that means that the issue will be resolved and cleaned up before release? That is a dream scenerio but glad to hear steps are already underway to fixing it!

• Thanks 2
  • Facepalm 1

• Volunteer Moderator
1 minute ago, St1ckyBandit said:

So are our current characters considered legacy characters and wont be able to play on the new servers, or does that just pertain to items and dinos?

Pretty sure there will be no transferring of anything at all from legacy to the new servers. Including your character.

Finally, with our recent decision in regards to whether there will be a wipe or not, this seems like the smartest decision, to avoid this awkward situation of where servers that have only just been online for a couple of weeks become legacy.

Didnt understood it very well, so, the ragnarok PC servers will stay like it is now and will also launch a new cluster even being recent?

@Jat thanks for that reply, also Regarding transfering from a player Dedicated server to a PC server, will we be able to transfer our save files to the hosted server via external HD?

PS the option to upload a survivor to the ark is no longer an option on ps4, wondering if that's a bug or intentional.. The only way we can transfer servers is to pick a server in advance.  The option to just upload to the ark like we do dinos again would be fantastic even for the fact of just being able to save our character for later use.

• Volunteer Moderator
11 minutes ago, Titus said:

It says from the old legacy servers. That confirms where I think their hearts are at on current ark servers.

All servers are "current" servers. They all will be updated, bug fixed and get all the same new content.

Just can't transfer from legacy.

• Volunteer Moderator
4 minutes ago, Mike98 said:

Sorry i didn't know that, but about the new servers and legacy servers will there be more new servers or old servers like will there be more old servers than new servers or more new servers than old servers?

There will be almost twice as many old servers.

3 hours ago, Jerryn said:

Actually, Jat said that currently, they will not.  However, I believe he also said that the answer has not been set in stone.

Laughable that PVE doesn't get a new cluster. I do not play or like PVE whatsoever, but it's a travesty that anyone who does has no choice but to continue playing with dupers. LOLOLOL enjoy that!

• Facepalm 1

• Volunteer Moderator
13 minutes ago, ZRISTWI10 said:

Laughable that PVE doesn't get a new cluster. I do not play or like PVE whatsoever, but it's a travesty that anyone who does has no choice but to continue playing with dupers. LOLOLOL enjoy that!

Keep reading the thread.  :D

And, not sure what the LOL is about.  I am simply trying to point out something to apply the correct context. Not sure why everyone has to make it personal, but, oh well, that is their issue.

Anyway, to help you out:

Apparently, it was not set in stone.

Edited by Jerryn

3 hours ago, Musketeer said:

You don't have to cheat. I don't cheat and i don't care that my neighbour has more than me. I don't care how he got it. Just play the game, man.

you would care if your neighbour used what he cheated to get to grief you off the server. can't 'just play the game man' when cheating makes it unplayable 

5 minutes ago, ZRISTWI10 said:

Jat @Jatheish 3h3 hours ago

Important update: We will also be launching a new PvE Cluster, and current PvEs will become marked as 'legacy' also.

57 replies 25 retweets 124 likes

3 hours ago, Jerryn said:

But now, you have the option of starting new on a new server, as if there is a wipe.

What good will it be for the ones left behind if their antics have driven others away.

His comment was that he "doesn't like the idea of a constant separation of players on servers." You told him he has the option of joining the new servers, but did not address his point. This essentially dividing the entire population, which is an awful idea. Extremely disappointed we didn't get a full wipe of every server, which is the correct thing to do. 

3 minutes ago, ZRISTWI10 said:

His comment was that he "doesn't like the idea of a constant separation of players on servers." You told him he has the option of joining the new servers, but did not address his point. This essentially dividing the entire population, which is an awful idea. Extremely disappointed we didn't get a full wipe of every server, which is the correct thing to do. 

I don't think you have made your point, or maybe you think it is just obviously right?

Those that think there should have been a full wipe can play on the new servers. Those that think there should be no wipe can continue to play on the legacy servers. Both sides of the argument get their way. What you don't get is to tell the other side what they have to do. So maybe that is really what you don't like about this decision?

• Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, Darkmanafest said:

Since we wont have ragnarok until release of the game and all the servers made at release of the game will be new servers does this mean that legacy players wont  get any ragnarok maps to play on? seeing as we can only transfer to old existing servers and not to any of the new ones?

they will be adding NEW ragnarok maps for Legacy players, to be transfered to and fro legacy servers ONLY. so yes, that means they will also add NEW RAG SERVERS for legacy! wahoooo.

If I read correctly.

Edited by dslick
If I read correctly