ARK: State of the Game

Jatheish

33 minutes ago, Titus said:

I'm not whining it is what it is but let the devs call it what it is. They want to wipe it fine but this PR junk makes me sick.

If you are on an active PvE server and they all feel things are fine, then why would they leave?  Almost all of the whining I saw about 'If they wipe then I quit!' came from PvE because of the hours invested.  If they feel that way, then they should stay and the server remain active and your point is moot.  If your PvE server is so toxic everyone wants to leave and it will die off, then you (collective you as in your server) shouldn't have pillared everything and been a tool.

I'd love to hear why people will leave if they love their server! Don't say the new hotness, because that will be short lived and they will come back to their leveled characters, herds of tames and rp builds.

Just now, SumDuud said:

If you are on an active PvE server and they all feel things are fine, then why would they leave?  Almost all of the whining I saw about 'If they wipe then I quit!' came from PvE because of the hours invested.  If they feel that way, then they should stay and the server remain active and your point is moot.  If your PvE server is so toxic everyone wants to leave and it will die off, then you (collective you as in your server) shouldn't have pillared everything and been a tool.

I'd love to hear why people will leave if they love their server! Don't say the new hotness, because that will be short lived and they will come back to their leveled characters, herds of tames and rp builds.

Our server always needed fresh blood as some people leave eventually, new people come and keep it populated.

Where those new players will be going to? New servers with perspectives or legacy servers. We both know the answer.

30 minutes ago, Musketeer said:

Yeah.. like 3 people posting 20 posts each ;)

Sorry but what if the topics discussed by these 3 people could potentially affect many more people who are afraid to voice it. WC just proved to us that they do listen, and of course I trust they take every feedback into consideration as well before making "decisions after 10 posts".

Thanks again.

• Volunteer Moderator
2 minutes ago, Musketeer said:

Our server always needed fresh blood as some people leave eventually, new people come and keep it populated.

Where those new players will be going to? New servers with perspectives or legacy servers. We both know the answer.

New players might gravitate to the lower pop legacy servers since there will be more room to build and better trade with established tribes. In time, I suspect both ecosystems will trend to leveling out about the same.

Edited by Joebl0w13
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Musketeer said:

If a server can only get new players because they have no other choice of anywhere else to play, then maybe it should die a slow and painful death.

Make the server appealing to new players, and they should come.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Scava said:

@Jat so will ragnarok be available to legacy players as well. By this I mean being able to transfer to and from the servers with items and characters. Or will we be locked out because we're legacy? 

They will be adding new ragnarok "legacy servers" so that people who are planning to transfer to ragnarok from a legacy server, will still be able to do so.

If i read correctly.

5 minutes ago, wildbill said:

If a server can only get new players because they have no other choice of anywhere else to play, then maybe it should die a slow and painful death.

Make the server appealing to new players, and they should come.

What you say makes no sense. Could you elaborate what you were trying to say?

Our server is good, people are nice and helpful... no this pillar nonsense like on Ragnarok we have.

New players won't come because being on new server is safe, on legacy servers there is a risk of them being wiped if not populated. If I was a new player I would go to the server without that risk.

Edited by Musketeer

12 minutes ago, SumDuud said:

PvE is going to go where the trade market is. Toxic or not there is going to be a drop in population for the better servers (that is a give in) If the noobs go to the new servers and they will unless they are insane the breeders will follow because there will be no market to sell/trade dinos to. Legacy PvE is a nonstarter its doomed out of the gate. I seen a huge drop in population in the last two week from no double xp weekends fresh servers nail in the coffin. I am just trying to be realistic here 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, MandaBear said:

Soo my post was ignored :/ Is there no answer about cluster servers on the new maps like there were on the old ones then? @Jat I apologize for asking multiple times but my tribe are all asking me since they don't post on the forums. 

It was actually answered earlier in the thread. The answer is "no news at the moment, they'll discuss and announce when there's something to announce".

Edit: and then he just answered it again for you ;)

3 minutes ago, Jat said:

We'll still be discussing some other factors with our current server setup including hardcore, isolated, smaller clusters, PGMs/extinctions etc :)

Edited by Quetzal

• Volunteer Moderator
2 minutes ago, Titus said:

PvE is going to go where the trade market is. Toxic or not there is going to be a drop in population for the better servers (that is a give in) If the noobs go to the new servers and they will unless they are insane the breeders will follow because there will be no market to sell/trade dinos to. Legacy PvE is a nonstarter its doomed out of the gate. I seen a huge drop in population in the last two week from no double xp weekends fresh servers nail in the coffin. I am just trying to be realistic here 

Why would the trade market instantly shift to the new servers? Those new people have nothing of value to trade yet.

1 minute ago, Titus said:

I agree with this.. Sadly there is no future for Legacy servers.

I appreciate the devs don't wipe on release, but our servers are doomed and have no future and that's not a nice feeling.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

@Jat, I know you've said "maybe" with regards to Play Anywhere for the 8th August, but on a more technical note - is that version not basically just the Xbox game? What factors might prevent you guys launching it on the 8th?

I want to know for hosting purposes, but depending on the rental costs it may be cheaper/negligible to rent vs the cost of 24/7 electricity on a decent server at home...