ARK: State of the Game

Jatheish

2 minutes ago, Maxine said:

I would assume that the server would need to be super low on numbers and activity at all times of the day, and i would hopefully assume that they would check the server out before they just write it off as a ghost town

im hoping the same but you never know with this game man. its like a coin toss heads you lose a hand tails you lose a foot lol

• Volunteer Moderator
13 minutes ago, Nick11992 said:

I read the entire article, but my question is for console release of Ragnarok. There is no mention to console Ragnarok servers being legacy since the date of console Ragnarok release is same as full game release. My question is if they are creating Legacy Ragnarok servers for console on release. 

Yes there will be legacy Ragnarok servers for console.

• Volunteer Moderator
2 hours ago, Titus said:

Now that PvE is under the same ghost scrutiny all the would have to do is have taming and breeding events on the new servers and not the legacy ones and you would see a mass exodus. This is all smoke and mirrors for a slow wipe

This is 100% true. The old PVE servers will die quickly without the ability to trade with the new ones.

EDIT: I'm rethinking this... I don't think they will die. There's room for both ecosystems to exist mutually exclusive of each other.

Edited by Joebl0w13
  • Thanks 3

@Jat Nice :) Definitely good news for everyone. Thanks for listening guys. I do have a question of whether or not there will be small clusters of the new servers? I like the fact that those bypass mega tribes, but don't think I saw anything mentioned of those in the past 8 pages. I never got the chance to jump onto one before since I didn't fully understand what they were until it was to late, but would love the opportunity to now. 

Edited by MandaBear

I understand the need to seperate the two into different clusters. From a business standpoint everybody is happy and life goes on. So props to the team there I definitely think it was the best solution right now. I do have a concern, however,  and that is just speculating there may be less "policing" on legacy servers in the future and more concentration on the cleaner, new ones. Maybe there will be a time in the future the two groups won't be seperate. Nj guys! 

2 minutes ago, Insomniak said:

I understand the need to seperate the two into different clusters. From a business standpoint everybody is happy and life goes on. So props to the team there I definitely think it was the best solution right now. I do have a concern, however,  and that is just speculating there may be less "policing" on legacy servers in the future and more concentration on the cleaner, new ones. Maybe there will be a time in the future the two groups won't be seperate. Nj guys! 

They wont be separate threw assimilation 

• Volunteer Moderator
4 minutes ago, XcookedX said:

I just hope they do release on the 8th. If they don't I'm sure they will loose 20% of players if not more. I'm holding my breath and praying for no more delays

Yup they will be, it's a hard date. Disc submission has been completed, things are set to go for launch. No missing the date now! :Melee_Damage:

• Thanks 3

I am glad to hear about the PvE decision, though it doesn't really impact me a lot.  I am absolutely amazed at all of the people still whining about "slow wipe" and so on. If you have a decent size tribe and play, your server should be fine.  If you're the sole survivor on your server any time you get on, then maybe consider moving because you may be headed for extinction.  I fully expect the solutions provided to maintain a solid player base of existing servers and booming new servers.  I want to see the Alphas go ham against one another and use up all of their duped goodies once they can't get any more (even before then I would be ok with it).  If duping is fixed, the imbalance will work itself out. 

Kudos to the Wildcard team, I think you've made the right decision.  Now please quit reading comments and go fix the bugs and stability issues. ;)

1 minute ago, SumDuud said:

I am glad to hear about the PvE decision, though it doesn't really impact me a lot.  I am absolutely amazed at all of the people still whining about "slow wipe" and so on. If you have a decent size tribe and play, your server should be fine.  If you're the sole survivor on your server any time you get on, then maybe consider moving because you may be headed for extinction.  I fully expect the solutions provided to maintain a solid player base of existing servers and booming new servers.  I want to see the Alphas go ham against one another and use up all of their duped goodies once they can't get any more (even before then I would be ok with it).  If duping is fixed, the imbalance will work itself out. 

Kudos to the Wildcard team, I think you've made the right decision.  Now please quit reading comments and go fix the bugs and stability issues. ;)

I'm not whining it is what it is but let the devs call it what it is. They want to wipe it fine but this PR junk makes me sick.

• Like 2

Great work WC! I've thought for a long time that legacy vs. new servers, exactly how you described, is the best way to go forward in the interest of all players. It's not just whether it's  technically (technologically) the best course, it allows you to keep your word to EA players and give new, full release players (and EA'ers that want it), a totally fresh start.

I've been wiped enough playing PvP, a wipe wouldn't have bothered me that all that much, and I for one will probably start fresh on launch. Still, I really think this is the best and most fair compromise for all players and all interests. *Hat Off*

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Titus said:

I'm not whining it is what it is but let the devs call it what it is. They want to wipe it fine but this PR junk makes me sick.

Titus, you do realize that they were going to leave PVE completely alone up until about 1/2 hour ago, but changed their mind due to the strong response of the player base.

They are trying to be responsive to the players needs and requests, it's not a grand conspiracy.

• Like 2
  • Facepalm 1

1 minute ago, ranger1presents said:

Titus, you do realize that they were going to leave PVE completely alone up until about 1/2 hour ago, but changed their mind due to the strong response of the player base.

They are trying to be responsive to the players needs and requests, it's not a grand conspiracy.

There was about 10 post between leaving PvE alone and going legacy. This is exactly the problem. Their statements are good for about 5 minutes. 

• Like 1