ARK: State of the Game

Jatheish

• Volunteer Moderator
2 minutes ago, Picolo XL said:

If I would compare it with extinction I woudl say it is an 2-3 year extinction server.  I think a ghost town will be considered a serevr with less then 10 players for 99% of the time or somethin. But I understand ur worries, there defenitely needs to be some clearification on what a "ghost town" really means.

I'm sure they will come up with some internal standards and rules as to what constitutes ghost town. Lets just get through launch first ..

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Nick11992 said:

@JatIm glad to hear about the status of current release events. One concern, since now that Ragnarok will be coming to console at the same time as release and new official servers does that mean that if you are playing on a legacy server and want to move to Ragnarok we will be unable to transfer at all? I have been anticipating Ragnarok since the announcement and have been spending all of my time prepping for the move. It would be so disappointing if I have nowhere to go with all the work I've been doing. I understand that you want to have equal footing on a batch of new servers when the game releases but I really hope that there will be Ragnarok servers that will allow transfer from Legacy. 

There will be legacy and new ragnarok servers. So you can transfer or start on a new server without any legacy transfers allowed. If people read it properly the questions that actually need answering will get seen. ?

I don't like the idea of a constant separation of players on servers. You may as well name the 'Legacy' sever the 'Duper' servers. I understand that many people have put in a lot of time and effort to be legitimate tribes but too many have not and they should not be allowed to get away with this by remaining on these server and running them as alpha tribes. 

Our tribe was originally wiped by a duping tribe seems hardly fair that many of these players are wiped by lazy people who can't be bothered to play the game properly. Its hardly difficult to collect metal and farm with a quetz and anky.

• Volunteer Moderator
1 minute ago, Maxine said:

I don't like the idea of a constant separation of players on servers. You may as well name the 'Legacy' sever the 'Duper' servers. I understand that many people have put in a lot of time and effort to be legitimate tribes but too many have not and they should not be allowed to get away with this by remaining on these server and running them as alpha tribes. 

Our tribe was originally wiped by a duping tribe seems hardly fair that many of these players are wiped by lazy people who can't be bothered to play the game properly. Its hardly difficult to collect metal and farm with a quetz and anky.

But now, you have the option of starting new on a new server, as if there is a wipe.

What good will it be for the ones left behind if their antics have driven others away.

@Jat

不公平的优势是这种PVE风格,你和其他玩家一起玩。你比较基地,迪诺斯等等。PVE现在捏造。    

你以前能够交易dinos或其他高端物品的高端物品,但除非你被骗,否则你不能竞争。你不能交易 我现在就辞职 我知道你们会说“好的再见”,但是猜测是什么,PVE被毁了。  

如果他们发布新的PVE集群,我们会回来,就像他们应该...  

2 minutes ago, Titus said:

They said every 3 months they will evaluate server population and decide to convert or re purpose it. Its not hard to suppress a sever for a few months. And if your in that cluster it affects you!

And you think the one that decides which servers are ghost towns does not look into the "ddos" /downtime historie of an server? If not then yes, that would be bad. As I said I think we will get clearification on this "ghost town" status 

Edited by Picolo XL

Just now, Jerryn said:

But now, you have the option of starting new on a new server, as if there is a wipe.

What good will it be for the ones left behind if their antics have driven others away.

I see your point, and i would assume if next to no people play on these other old 'Legacy' servers would they be reset in the future?

2 minutes ago, Picolo XL said:

And you think the one that decides which servers are ghost towns does not look into the "ddos" /downtime historie of an server? If not then yes,t hat would make this totally unfair. As I said I think we will get clearification on this "ghost town" status 

I agree with you but this will be a war by proxy

5 minutes ago, TheBigCheese1976 said:

There will be legacy and new ragnarok servers. So you can transfer or start on a new server without any legacy transfers allowed. If people read it properly the questions that actually need answering will get seen. ?

I read the entire article, but my question is for console release of Ragnarok. There is no mention to console Ragnarok servers being legacy since the date of console Ragnarok release is same as full game release. My question is if they are creating Legacy Ragnarok servers for console on release. 

I'm on my hands and knees here, though, @Jat. Please let there be more than two Ragnarok Prim+ PvE servers on launch for PS4. As it is, P+ players that want PvE currently are more or less crammed into the two we've got or look for Unofficial servers. And I understand we may not be the largest playerbase, but we most certainly need more servers than that. 

@Jat One question that bothers me, not for myselve but for newer / unexperienced players.

What do you guys think about the mega tribes starting to take over that "new cluster"?

I mean yes, alot of mega tribes will stay on the legacy cluster, but there are alot of them that got wiped (either by devs or by PvP). From what I would think those will starting taking over the big new cluster as soon as they can. Sure it may take some time. But most of those players got 5k+ hours playtime.

Would you consider adding some newbie-friendly restrictions to those new servers (Even only time-based restrictions would help I guess)

I think about "Max. tribe member restriction", "Time-restricted access to end-level content"  and stuff like that.

Woudl also like to hear what others think about that.:Jerbhi:

Edited by Picolo XL

• Volunteer Moderator
8 minutes ago, Maxine said:

I see your point, and i would assume if next to no people play on these other old 'Legacy' servers would they be reset in the future?

I would think so.  If they have no one to use or sell the goods to on PVP, then their efforts are wasted in the end.  Ironically, they could be the reason for their own downfall.

so im on a pve server that usually has 16 to 30 people playing sometimes late night its 8 but its usually got above 20 does this mean ur gonna wipe my server if you look and see it only has 8 people on or no? i mean im sure some people as well as myself would like some specifics about this. 2 years of my time i have in this game and it may all be gone if my server is listed a ghost town which it is not. in my opinion. Jat you should make a detailed post about this issue because this has got me and other people scared to even play the game at this point thinking everything we have done will be gone and there are other posts in the forums about this people. my point is without your community helping the development of this game by simply playing it and pointing out bugs here and there and taking note and reporting issues to you guys and going through the pain and suffering of losing stuff due to issues in the game and still trying to help you fix it even though you dont help them by replacing what they lost due to a bug in the game. you basically have all these people all over the world lining your pockets and testing your game and have helped with its development by reporting these issues since day 1. give a detailed report on the server wipe thing please. because if your gonna wipe my server i dont see any point in playing ark anymore 2 years poof. just let me cut my losses and forget ark exists. and im sure thousands of people are feeling the same exact way i am. so you guys should really think about that. the people that have been with you all the way are gonna get punished for what?

1 minute ago, TheReaper2662 said:

so im on a pve server that usually has 16 to 30 people playing sometimes late night its 8 but its usually got above 20 does this mean ur gonna wipe my server if you look and see it only has 8 people on or no? i mean im sure some people as well as myself would like some specifics about this. 2 years of my time i have in this game and it may all be gone if my server is listed a ghost town which it is not. in my opinion. Jat you should make a detailed post about this issue because this has got me and other people scared to even play the game at this point thinking everything we have done will be gone and there are other posts in the forums about this people. my point is without your community helping the development of this game by simply playing it and pointing out bugs here and there and taking note and reporting issues to you guys and going through the pain and suffering of losing stuff due to issues in the game and still trying to help you fix it even though you dont help them by replacing what they lost due to a bug in the game. you basically have all these people all over the world lining your pockets and testing your game and have helped with its development by reporting these issues since day 1. give a detailed report on the server wipe thing please. because if your gonna wipe my server i dont see any point in playing ark anymore 2 years poof. just let me cut my losses and forget ark exists. and im sure thousands of people are feeling the same exact way i am. so you guys should really think about that. the people that have been with you all the way are gonna get punished for what?

I would assume that the server would need to be super low on numbers and activity at all times of the day, and i would hopefully assume that they would check the server out before they just write it off as a ghost town