ARK: State of the Game

Jatheish

• Chris featured and unfeatured this topic
  • Administrator
6 minutes ago, Sunshinemya said:

Thank you, that is very helpful to know as it didn't come off that way in the main post. I have another question as many people are saying one and another. Are PVE servers getting new servers? Or just PVP? Because people (someone quoted me, too) are saying only PVP are getting new servers and are being turned into Legacy Servers. So will PVE official servers become Legacy Servers?

We'll be making a new PvP Cluster, and the current PvP one will become a legacy cluster (indicating that the servers are not fresh on retail launch). PvE will not go through that process, and for now will remain as is, though if there are 'ghost-town' PvE servers, they may get repurposed. Keep in mind with PvE; it's not entirely set in stone and if things change, we'll indicate it as such. All PvE players need to know right now is that they're not getting wiped, and they will be able to access the new content.

• Thanks 2

• Volunteer Moderator
10 minutes ago, Soulbanisher said:

No. PVE players won't get a new cluster. They have to play with the people that duped.

Actually, Jat said that currently, they will not.  However, I believe he also said that the answer has not been set in stone.

... there aren't any plans to create a new PvE cluster (for now - again not set in stone) ...

Edited by Jerryn
Clarified the context for some

6 minutes ago, Soulbanisher said:

No. PVE players won't get a new cluster. They have to play with the people that duped.

They did not explain CLEARLY in the post. They did not mention PVE, so it doesn't mean it was just PVP. So, yes my post was legit to ask and I'm glad an ACTUAL mod quoted me unlike the lot of you quoting me, starting to cause trouble. I got my answer and I can only hope people read through or that they edit their original post so people like me have a direct answer and relief.

38 minutes ago, Jat said:

Yes you'll pay a monthly fee for the servers based on how many slots you pick. 

Our decision hasn't been set in stone regarding a new PvE cluster, it's a possibility, but for now the team feels it isn't necessary.

Great news, Jat.

PVE servers have a tendency to cleanse themselves. We don't necessarily need new servers, but we do however need wooden (not metal) spiked walls to delete regardless of refresh timers. This would help a ton!

• Facepalm 1

1 minute ago, Pallist said:

He answered several questions without a clear answer. I just want an answer to that exact question.

59 minutes ago, Jat said:

[...] As for the small CrossARK Clusters, I see your point and I'll address with the team this week to see where we stand on that. Sorry, I don't have an answer for you currently but as soon as we decide, I will be sure to get word out.

Where is that not a clear answer?

Edited by Picolo XL

@Jat SUGGESTION - Regarding PvE not getting wiped - would your team consider a compromise and make our data available for download for a short period? That way, those who are in favor of a wipe because others have duped (or whatever their reason is) can transfer to their own server to leave the negativity they're experiencing but still retain their hard work?

2 minutes ago, Musketeer said:

In this thread there is only you... they should make a cluster of all four maps - 1 each just for you.. so you could play there alone.

You haven't been reading through the comments then. You just see my name and react. Look at all the people asking about new PVE clusters.. Smh you're too cool for me man ?

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Musketeer said:

Why you care what other people do? They not gonna raid you. Just enjoy the game the way you want to play it.

Because we dont want to cheat, we had to leave our friends server because he wouldnt stop cheating, it ruins the fun to see people get things so easily while u actually work for it

• Thanks 2

Just now, Musketeer said:

Why you care what other people do? They not gonna raid you. Just enjoy the game the way you want to play it.

Enjoy the game with all crash rollback lag we got since last mounth, are you kinding me ?

In fact i dont usualy need news server, yes of course i want  some but may a good optimisation of ping and rate on the server will be great

Edited by snowman969frrlp