ARK: State of the Game

Jatheish

1 minute ago, X4mi said:

Its only Talked about new PVP servers and moving old PVP to legacy. So will PVE official just stay as it is after release with some new servers but still connected via crossark?

9 minutes ago, Jat said:

There will be new maps. Currently there are only plans to have a PvP cluster, and keep the current PvE cluster as is.

• Thanks 1

I was all for a wipe but I really like the legacy idea please both sides :Melee_Damage:

One question is there a post or forum about Play Anywhere? I know its coming Im just curious how it will work If mods will work like the steam version if you will be able to be on xbox and pc simultaneously IE dual boxing players. 

Thanks 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Jat said:

What you quoted was in regards to the servers which we end up repurposing due to low population, we'll be notifying players via our social channels (here and social media) of which servers are going to be affected, so that they can make use of the current cross ARK system and move to a new location. As for the small CrossARK Clusters, I see your point and I'll address with the team this week to see where we stand on that. Sorry, I don't have an answer for you currently but as soon as we decide, I will be sure to get word out.

Finally some progress. Thank you for taking the time! Very much appreciated.

• Administrator
6 minutes ago, Rickyh24 said:

Can someone clarify this? 

With pc hosting it's not actually my pc hosting it right? It's being hosted on a server I rent but I can control it from my pc? So I don't have to worry about my laptop being able to handle running it? 

You got it spot on.

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

16 minutes ago, Jat said:

There will be new maps. Currently there are only plans to have a PvP cluster, and keep the current PvE cluster as is.

NO NEW PVE CLUSTER? ARE YOU OUT OF YOUR MIND??

I just want to get a fresh start on PVE away from the cheaters, man.. What the hell is wrong with you guys..

So your new players have to play PVE with TONS of people who cheated.. That's great Jat. Just great.. Not.

• Facepalm 3

• Administrator
Just now, bradshjo903 said:

Can someone clarify this:

Is the ability to host servers on your own PC for consoles coming this August 8? Or is just the rented servers?

Last I heard the Xbox Play Anywhere for Ark wasn't coming out until the release of the Xbox One X.

Thanks!

Rented servers definitely on the 8th. Play Anywhere is a possibility, but not a guarantee, however, it will be supported later. 

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Soulbanisher said:

NO NEW PVE CLUSTER? ARE YOU OUT OF YOUR MIND??

I just want to get a fresh start on PVE away from the cheaters, man.. What the hell is wrong with you guys..

So your new players have to play PVE with TONS of people who cheated.. That's great Jat. Just great.. Not.

You guys are going to catch so much heat for this.

Hey, if any of you are buying ark for the first time, just know if you play PVE, you will be playing with everyone who was allowed to cheat, without getting a fresh start where items actually have value. Enjoy the crapfest

Does it really matter in PvE?

• Like 1

Will existing (soon to be Legacy) PvP servers have to wait until 8 August for the new code with duping fixes (assuming that they are getting that new code) and will any action be taken against all of the duped items or is that still untraceable without a streamer making a dumb mistake or a developer searching every vault?

For what its worth, I think this is about the ideal situation assuming duping is really fixed on release. 

It would be nice to have new PvE clusters as well to give new people the chance to come in and build without having to figure out to get out of the spawn locked bases or weed their way through the pillar farms with some a-hole self-proclaimed "alpha" telling them to go find space somewhere else.  Day 1 of Rag on PC had huge fields of pillars with either ladders, where they were nice/smart enough, or foundations where they decided to block resource spawns.

• Chris featured and unfeatured this topic