ARK: State of the Game

Jatheish

Finally, with our recent decision in regards to whether there will be a wipe or not, this seems like the smartest decision, to avoid this awkward situation of where servers that have only just been online for a couple of weeks become legacy. 

But doesn't that mean that folks on console legacy servers won't be able to transfer to Ragnarok at all?  

• Administrator
5 minutes ago, mleii said:

But doesn't that mean that folks on console legacy servers won't be able to transfer to Ragnarok at all?  

I've edited the post once more:

Legacy Servers will still get COMPLETE SUPPORT, the only difference is you will not be able to transfer to the new PvP cluster. You will get access to the Ragnarok map on launch, and any future DLC beyond that.

• Thanks 4

• Administrator
Just now, Picolo XL said:

Will there only be ONE big cluster of, lets say 200 servers?

Or will there also be new smaller Clusters like "CrossARK" (1 Island,Center,SE,Raganrok Server only), or ORP-Clusters?

It'll likely be a large cluster, similar to what we have now, with a few smaller clusters for niche circumstances, however we haven't completely set that in stone yet.

• Thanks 1

• Administrator
2 minutes ago, Jaymei said:

Hey @Jat whilst you're getting bombarded with posts, will there be new PvE clusters as well or will the game be solely PvP on release?

Also as per your clarification, does "COMPLETE SUPPORT" mean the release of new maps as well?

There will be new maps. Currently there are only plans to have a PvP cluster, and keep the current PvE cluster as is.

Players will also have time to move through Cross-ARK to a different secure Legacy server. Every three months we will be taking a review of the Legacy Officials to see what the numbers are like and may consider repurposing more ‘ghost towns’, however, the goal will be to preserve any place with human activity.

@Jat The way that you've written this is a tad confusing for those of us that play on the small CrossArk clusters. NA-CrossArk 5 The Island, The Center, and Scorched earth etc. Are you referring to the large official crossark cluster, or our small crossark clusters? When are the small CrossArk clusters going to gain access to the Ragnarok map? I've been attempting to get an answer on this for quite some time now - and I had assumed that it wasn't being answered because there would be a wipe. Apparently that is not the case. So what's the plan? 

Wild Card you have severely messed up your game  the community wanted server wipes and you throw that in their faces. Along with that you continued to be unreliable for the launch of Ragnarok and decide to falsely build up hype to later destroy it. I truly believed that you were different from other larger corporations but i was wrong, you do what is best for you and that is all their is no care for your community and your false commits are not fooling us we are not happy with this and you are not helping us or you self. I hope you see this and reconsider but i believe it is already set in motion.

Edited by mememan
  • Facepalm 4

43 minutes ago, Jat said:

We ultimately decided that we would not wipe and we would rather pay the cost to launch an additional new PvP Server Cluster network (alongside but separate from the PvP Legacy Cluster), where players will get to have a fresh experience on the ARK; across all four maps with no influence from any of the previous servers.

Its only Talked about new PVP servers and moving old PVP to legacy. So will PVE official just stay as it is after release with some new servers but still connected via crossark?

• Administrator
Just now, snowman969frrlp said:

So, Are we going to have new PVE servers?

New servers to support new content like Ragnarok, yeah, but there aren't any plans to create a new PvE cluster (for now - again not set in stone) like what we're doing for PvP

2 minutes ago, Caseybear said:

@Jat The way that you've written this is a tad confusing for those of us that play on the small CrossArk clusters. NA-CrossArk 5 The Island, The Center, and Scorched earth etc. Are you referring to the large official crossark cluster, or our small crossark clusters? When are the small CrossArk clusters going to gain access to the Ragnarok map? I've been attempting to get an answer on this for quite some time now - and I had assumed that it wasn't being answered because there would be a wipe. Apparently that is not the case. So what's the plan? 

What you quoted was in regards to the servers which we end up repurposing due to low population, we'll be notifying players via our social channels (here and social media) of which servers are going to be affected, so that they can make use of the current cross ARK system and move to a new location. As for the small CrossARK Clusters, I see your point and I'll address with the team this week to see where we stand on that. Sorry, I don't have an answer for you currently but as soon as we decide, I will be sure to get word out.

Just now, dslick said:

People have taken advantage of the numerous glitches, dupes on PVE servers. It's not big of a deal as in PVP, but it is still demotivating. Here is to a player wishing for some "cleaning" on existing PvE servers on launch at least?

And they use many glitch for boss and now they have  thousands vault of elements and mats.

They have copy/paste their dinos and they can just destroy the market ....

• Chris featured and unfeatured this topic