Alphas everywhere!

Jay89

13 minutes ago, GP said:

In PC Patch v261 it included this:

- Increased chance for an alpha to spawn (in multiplayer only) by 2x.

Console should have that now, so maybe this is why.

Well that explains it. Have to watch out when traveling on foot again.

How about the titans? I saw a wild one crash through the forest by a base where I've never seen one in the last year. Could have been a fluke, but meshes with alphas and what others are saying.

31 minutes ago, Griffin1984 said:

I found an alpha carno yesterday and killed it. i got no loot however except for the alpha carno arm, prime meat and hide. Is this normal?

Unfortunately, yes. They also drop bags a lot, which is kind of BS when you have victim item collection turned on and room in your inventory.

13 minutes ago, ChibiZoMbiE89 said:

I wonder if it is dependent on the Alpha's level? It could have just been coincidental, but it seems the higher the level the better the loot in my case.

I can say at least on PC the level of the alpha does not effect the quantity/quality of loot , only of difficulty/xp gained from killing it. iv killed a 145 alpha mosa and got like, JM hide and APP hatchet on top of its generic loot (IE pearls) then killed a lvl 5 alpha raptor and gotten a MC crossbow.

My official server hasn't seen a single alpha leeds since they were implemented. Now that the spawnrates of alphas has been doubled I've killed three. Granted the first one's body spazzed out and shot off into the distance but I managed to loot the next two bodies. Haha.

I love the new spawn rate. Keeps things interesting when not on a heavy hitter. Hell even walking around most animals are no threat. Only the alphas keep me on my toes.

I fought mateboosted alpha megs yesterday in the shallows. A 145 male and 45 female. It was fun, but I feel bad for anyone planning to learn the breast stroke now.

That, and an alpha leed decided to attack the mosa pack. Just saw a giant white glowing head peek over the edge and 40 plus mosas went nuts. Took three more days to find another for my pirate hat. And the new deepwater spawns? Kudos, it was kind of empty down there. Multiple alpha mosas and new members of tribe were in on an alpha squid fight and tactics for safe takedown of them. Without the hour long nuzzlefest of using a basilo to kill squids. Alpha squid fights should be short and ugly, win or lose.

Archived