Welcome To The New Forum!

Chris

Probably too late, but could you please add Google auth as the 2 factor secondary?  I use that for other things, sounds like it'll be better than the one you're using and doesn't require me to share my phone number with it.

Also thanks for making he dark theme.  My night time browsing will be much better now.  Though would like to see a few of the things with fonts addressed above.  Otherwise we'll need to keep swapping back and forth between themes to read things.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The search function is not working any more for me.

Who is this "Kevin" of WC that decides on the colors? First unreadable ingame menu and ascendant color marker.

Now dark green on black, grey on black and very dark grey on black (DILO?!) on the forum?

When I was 12 I customized my Windows to look similar. Yeah, I was cool af, but could't read anything without hurting my eyes.

Why are books mostly black in white? Because you can easily read with this contrast. Why is this forum dark on dark?!

A forum is for info, not for style. This is really annoying! Or is this another "soft wipe" for the forum, so everyone stops coming here and is forced to read on Twitter (where you can read everything without problems and schnickschnack)

What are these new "emotes" for?

8 minutes ago, ChibiZoMbiE89 said:

Why not post this under the announcement of the new design where Chris would have a better chance of actually taking a look at it?

https://survivetheark.com/index.php?/forums/topic/216564-welcome-to-the-new-forum/

Because the I tried the search function and it didn't work. Thx for the link.

2 minutes ago, xLunacy said:

Whoever made the theme choice for the website/forums should be fired...Thank god the old theme is available...

How?

1 minute ago, Weiss said:

Because the I tried the search function and it didn't work. Thx for the link.

Weird. It worked for me.

image.thumb.png.5be21c3b4a2e644e5b282841fd6537f5.png

4 minutes ago, xLunacy said:

Whoever made the theme choice for the website/forums should be fired...Thank god the old theme is available...

Just because you don't agree with the theme? I personally like it. I think they were going with something to kind of match the Tek items. Sure some things can be adjusted, but the new theme was just launched.

• Volunteer Moderator
20 minutes ago, Weiss said:

The search function is not working any more for me.

Who is this "Kevin" of WC that decides on the colors? First unreadable ingame menu and ascendant color marker.

Now dark green on black, grey on black and very dark grey on black (DILO?!) on the forum?

When I was 12 I customized my Windows to look similar. Yeah, I was cool af, but could't read anything without hurting my eyes.

Why are books mostly black in white? Because you can easily read with this contrast. Why is this forum dark on dark?!

A forum is for info, not for style. This is really annoying! Or is this another "soft wipe" for the forum, so everyone stops coming here and is forced to read on Twitter (where you can read everything without problems and schnickschnack)

What are these new "emotes" for?

You can go to the bottom of any page and pick the old Theme; right under the Hosted by Nitrado.

The thread you were just merged into explains the new features.

I for one, am enjoying the darker background...much easier on my eyes.  Still needs some tuning in a few places, but good overall.

Edit: Apparently my thread was merged so now you got my reply two times.

--#

I only use the forum from my phone.

The search function isn't working. The window pops up, I klick on it and it disappears.

The forum is barely readable. Who though it is a good idea to put dark text on a dark background? As stated in another thread, my Windows looked similar when I was 12. Cool colors mashed togethet but very hard to read and hurting the eyes.

What's the purpose if these emotion thingys? How do they improve the forum? 

why the hell did my text now become highlighted? I only used backspace?

16 minutes ago, Weiss said:

Edit: Apparently my thread was merged so now you got my reply two times.

--#

I only use the forum from my phone.

The search function isn't working. The window pops up, I klick on it and it disappears.

The forum is barely readable. Who though it is a good idea to put dark text on a dark background? As stated in another thread, my Windows looked similar when I was 12. Cool colors mashed togethet but very hard to read and hurting the eyes.

What's the purpose if these emotion thingys? How do they improve the forum? 

why the hell did my text now become highlighted? I only used backspace?

The search UI does appear to be broken on mobile for me as well.

But you can search here for now until it's fixed.

https://survivetheark.com/index.php?/search/

• Volunteer Moderator
Just now, mleii said:

I will say that on my mobile device the color differentiation for the UI to change themes is hard to see.  I can see it because I know where to look, but should be made easier to see.

I'm sure Casanova will take note of that when he reads through this thread.

Although everyone that reads the OP will know where to look as it is described and shown in the screenshot.

• Administrator

Thanks for the feedback guys! I'll be making lots of tweaks/fixes over the coming days!

2 hours ago, mleii said:

Probably too late, but could you please add Google auth as the 2 factor secondary?  I use that for other things, sounds like it'll be better than the one you're using and doesn't require me to share my phone number with it.

We've had Google Auth enabled for months now.... 

• Chris featured this topic

I'm liking it, just two things.

I like the extra reactions, but since there is a thumbs up, really would like to have a thumbs down too.

When I click on the bell to see my notifications, all the posts in the list look the same color to me (maybe I'm color blind and don't know it). I'll try reverting to the old theme and see if that helps.

• Chris locked, unfeatured and unpinned this topic

Archived