Nch1418

Voting Madagascar Evolved as an Official DLC Map

Posted (edited)

Hello everyone,

For any PC player of ARK, I wonder if many of you have checked out the map mod, Madagascar Evolved. I've looked at it for myself, and I have to say the map is of exceptional quality. Plus, the people who created it won fourth place in the modding contest in which it was featured. We currently don't have an Africa-themed map of any sort at the moment officially, so I wanted to create this topic to see how many people would want to see this map make it into the official game as Ragnarok has recently done. Leave a yes or no as to whether you think this would make a good DLC map and perhaps a reason you think so. Thanks!

Edited by Nch1418
  • Like 4

6 hours ago, phantomcards said:

where can we view the map at?

It's on the Steam Workshop. Search Madagascar Evolved and you will find it as the only search result. It's a cool-looking map based on the African environments of the island, Madagascar.

I would love for this map to become official dlc, I would like if they removed some of the creatures that don't fit the environment (i.e not having every single spieces on the map), also would be cool if they created their own custom dinos (like a mammoth or rhino without fur, maybe a custom boss (the roc?)).

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Royalstar said:

I would love for this map to become official dlc, I would like if they removed some of the creatures that don't fit the environment (i.e not having every single spieces on the map), also would be cool if they created their own custom dinos (like a mammoth or rhino without fur, maybe a custom boss (the roc?)).

I know the woolly mammoths and woolly rhinos are somewhat out of place on such a map. I suppose animals like the Columbian mammoth and the Megacerops (which are far less hairy) would serve as adequate substitutes in that capacity. Some of the Cenozoic creatures in-game though, I think, fit better on this map than they do The Island or any other map available officially. For example, the terror birds, Megatherium, and Smilodon fit much better aesthetically with such a map than they do on the frozen tundras of the other maps (excluding Scorched Earth). Some of dinosaurs also fit very nicely with a map like this, especially some of the Jurassic-age dinosaurs like Diplodocus, Brontosaurus, Stegosaurus, Kentrosaurus, and Allosaurus.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, BlueFox91 said:

I would like to have an African map :) we have a desert map, an island map, and basically 2 fancier versions of the island map. 

Exactly my point. We don't have any savannahs and we don't even have expansive grasslands except on Ragnarok with the highlands area.

Posted (edited)

I think they should just allow all mods to be used with consoles like Bethesda did with Fallout 4 and Skyrim. Why do they have to be official DLC? We all paid and are playing the same game only consoles get half the experience.

But if they must then yes this and moon evolved should be a thing for all to play regardless of platform. 

Edited by Shebeatsyoui
  • Like 3
  • Facepalm 1

I say yes cause wynaut? more maps the better to expand the gameplay experince and haveing a madagascar landscape to run around on would be totaly fun and worthwhile i do agree however some creatures would be out of placed here... but in a sense for ark's sense... Who cares!? arks creatures are already out of placed anyway throw in humans into the mix and its already a crazy place out there i mean yeah newer creatures could fit the roles for others that dont belong or seem alittle out of placed... but for the most part i feel everything would be fine and the landscape is beautifull to  perhaps new creatures will be added for this map to!? x3

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Shebeatsyoui said:

I think they should just allow all mods to be used with consoles like Bethesda did with Fallout 4 and Skyrim. Why do they have to be official DLC? We all paid and are playing the same game only consoles get half the experience.

But if they must then yes this and moon evolved should be a thing for all to play regardless of platform. 

I see your point as to why it needs to be official DLC, but I thought it might be a nice idea considering Ragnarok has made the cut.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
On ‎7‎/‎21‎/‎2017 at 0:18 PM, danlillis said:

I say yes cause wynaut? more maps the better to expand the gameplay experince and haveing a madagascar landscape to run around on would be totaly fun and worthwhile i do agree however some creatures would be out of placed here... but in a sense for ark's sense... Who cares!? arks creatures are already out of placed anyway throw in humans into the mix and its already a crazy place out there i mean yeah newer creatures could fit the roles for others that dont belong or seem alittle out of placed... but for the most part i feel everything would be fine and the landscape is beautifull to  perhaps new creatures will be added for this map to!? x3

I know, right. You read through all the Explorer Notes on the wiki and you can already tell there's some messed-up stuff going on with the creatures. Plus, as the survivor, Helena Walker, has speculated, I also believe the creatures are genetically modified quite extensively. Otherwise, they'd never listen to humans and it would be like The Lost World: Jurassic Park redux. We already have the Triceratops confirmed to be a partial hybrid with the related Styracosaurus based on its horns, the Morellatops being a hybrid of a Morelladon, a Triceratops, and a camel, and we have boss creatures, wyverns, death worms, and rock golems which could never exist unless through genetic modification. And do I even need to bring up the preposterously-sized insects and other invertebrates? These creatures have clearly been manufactured genetically, so I assume they are bred to be adaptable to a wide range of environments. Madagascar Evolved would be no exception to this concept.

Edited by Nch1418
  • Like 2

14 hours ago, Shebeatsyoui said:

Because of performance and support issues. 

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, MrDynamicMan said:

Because of performance and support issues. 

Thats quite a PR answer. If a game like Fallout 4 can do it then Ark surely can they just arent. Xbox and PS4 run off x86 its just a matter of down rezzing which needs to be done to work on lower end PCs anyways.  This is simply a coulda, woulda, shoulda, but wont scenario. >:(

1 hour ago, Shebeatsyoui said:

Thats quite a PR answer. If a game like Fallout 4 can do it then Ark surely can they just arent. Xbox and PS4 run off x86 its just a matter of down rezzing which needs to be done to work on lower end PCs anyways.  This is simply a coulda, woulda, shoulda, but wont scenario. >:(

I daresay that Fallout 4 is much better optimized. 

Who knows, it might come, but it's certainly not a priority now. 

Posted (edited)
On ‎7‎/‎22‎/‎2017 at 0:46 PM, MrDynamicMan said:

I daresay that Fallout 4 is much better optimized. 

Who knows, it might come, but it's certainly not a priority now. 

On ‎7‎/‎22‎/‎2017 at 11:44 AM, Shebeatsyoui said:

Guys, please. No hateful arguments. This is supposed to be a friendly discussion section for future game suggestions. Please try to keep criticisms and arguments civilized. Thank you.

Edited by Nch1418
  • Like 1

On ‎7‎/‎22‎/‎2017 at 3:23 AM, SuvivorJH said:

More arks will extend the life of this game we need a good mix of maps ISO crystal isle is fantasy Madagascar is more realistic  DLC for all types NPC mod would help for single player as well 

Right you are. ;)

On 7/21/2017 at 10:41 PM, Nch1418 said:

I know, right. You read through all the Explorer Notes on the wiki and you can already tell there's some messed-up stuff going on with the creatures. Plus, as the survivor, Helena Walker, has speculated, I also believe the creatures are genetically modified quite extensively. Otherwise, they'd never listen to humans and it would be like The Lost World: Jurassic Park redux. We already have the Triceratops confirmed to be a partial hybrid with the related Styracosaurus based on its horns, the Morellatops being a hybrid of a Morelladon, a Triceratops, and a camel, and we have bosses creatures, wyverns, death worms, and rock golems which could never exist unless through genetic modification. And do I even need to bring up the preposterously-sized insects and other invertebrates? These creatures have clearly been manufactured genetically, so I assume they are bred to be adaptable to a wide range of environments. Madagascar Evolved would be no exception to this concept.

Yes yes yes and yesssssss i think this is a wonderfull concept so why not add the map into console already!!? lol along with all other maps "still" being worked on that is....  and throw in a new creature or 2 or 3 or something so we can all get mind blown by the ark team's amazing ablite to add content and more fun in the game we all love what better way to expand the ark-evirse <3. @[email protected] 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1