Tamed Dragons = crap?

Saya

Hey.

On SE there were  3 dragons, really close to my base.

I tried to lure them away and fight. I had 2 Lightning wyverns, which died by that fight.

Since when a 204 Lightning cant beat a shítty 120 fire?

The fire made so immense heavy damage - and also the stamina didnt reg.

I sat there, bear the attacks to reg stamina, but there didnt happen anything.

So it was impossible to escape. Dragon 135 with loads of stamina same problem. I had enough stamina for 3 flashes, also enough to keep flying.

But then the fire hit me and stamina didnt reg. I couldnt run forever, so i sat there, forcefeeded like hell to get stamina back - NOTHING.

Can somebody please explain me, how this can be? 10k health down in seconds by wild wyverns attacks?! I never lost a dragon. NEVER.

And now i tried to kill that 3 and lost a 515 dmg Dragon on a damn 120 fire wild????

That cant be...

• 2 weeks later...

hey Saya. i dont know the stats on your lightning wyvern. but when i fight other wyverns i seem to have no problem.(i play on official) in my opinion lightning is the best when it comes to fightning any wyvern. a high lvl wyvern is very nice ofcourse. but if the stats arent good. your wyvern might die to some bs like that.
the only way i could help you is give you some tips on how to kill wyverns. what you want to do is have good stamina since you will need that. about 1200 stam should be good.
now what you want to do is fly in a circle. and try to make it so that you are both flying in a circle. then you want to activate your lightning breath. while also looking at the other wyvern and activating like the sprint key. to to practice this because for me its no problem to kill 5 wyverns at a time. no matter what lvl. Good luck

Really? I love my fire wyvern. It's lvl 208, but easily kills alphas.

Just land and start biting. Don't use the secondary attack, really seems like a waste of stamina compared to the damage it does.

The only problem can be the stamina, so if you stamina runs low then do a tactical retreat for 30 seconds and come back for the kill.

Wyverns are by far the beasts of the sky and you're not going to find something that flys that does more damage ... however they are by far not beasts on land. They have a higher than average base damage however are limited to the amount of melee damage you can add to them and there health is a little lacking compared to other things. Now the issue you had was not the fact that your lightning was not powerful enough to attack the wyvern. Ill be first to admit that the AI and turn radius of a wyvern makes it near impossible to be used for fighting outsided of mounting.

On 8/1/2017 at 2:38 AM, SteveCarvey said:

hey Saya. i dont know the stats on your lightning wyvern. but when i fight other wyverns i seem to have no problem.(i play on official) in my opinion lightning is the best when it comes to fightning any wyvern. a high lvl wyvern is very nice ofcourse. but if the stats arent good. your wyvern might die to some bs like that.
the only way i could help you is give you some tips on how to kill wyverns. what you want to do is have good stamina since you will need that. about 1200 stam should be good.
now what you want to do is fly in a circle. and try to make it so that you are both flying in a circle. then you want to activate your lightning breath. while also looking at the other wyvern and activating like the sprint key. to to practice this because for me its no problem to kill 5 wyverns at a time. no matter what lvl. Good luck

This is more or less what i do, any wyv that i do any fighting with is a lightning wyv, my poisons go straight to weight (have 4 at 2.5k right now) for faster transfering of materials than with a quetz, and i rarely use fire. I go to about 10k HP and 1500 stam the rest to dmg on my lightnings and using the same strat basically as above i have no problems killing multitudes of wild wyverns and deathworms.

To make it easier to position the wyvern you're fighting so that you can hit it with your special too, fly directly away from in in sprint and do a quick sprint circle back on them and you should be able to position them directly infront of you for a hit.

Wtih the 1500 stam i can easily get 9 special attacks in and 10khp allows me to kill 4 to 5 deathworms with one wyv before i need to let them heal up. Yes gigas are better for this but wyvs are still usable and no where near useless.

Archived