Load times FIX THIS ALREADY

bloodraven112

• 2 weeks later...

Question: As of two days ago, i went into my Ragnarok server and it stated i needed the Primitive plus DLC. Ok, download this off the steam site. Not each time i go into our server it thinks it is a primitive plus server. Extra long load times because of a "Total Conversion error"  . As the client wants to relaunch in primitive plus mode i am thinking the issue is on the server side but i don't see any documentation how to specify the server is primitive plus or None?? How do i stop server from being this way?

(sorry if it seems i hijacked the thread, i cant stand the 10min load times. Not to mention it put the trees and rocks back into our buildings.)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 7/17/2017 at 2:29 PM, bloodraven112 said:

Probably been said 1,000,000 times but... PLEASE for the love of God fix the primitive plus load time. 

GOOD NEWS!

Survivor johnm81 asks, “Prim+ players have been told that load times for pc version can't be addressed till after alpha. Now that alpha is over what are the plans to lower the 5-15min load times for this total conversion?”

Quote  Jeremy "Drake" Stieglitz

Yep, we need to do give it a proper Seekfree cook which would then have the same load times as the base game. We’ll do so soon. The problem is that it has to then be updated (recooked) more often as well, but I think we can handle it. We may also provide Dev Kit authors with the option to do a (large but super-fast-loading) Seekfree cook.

• 3 weeks later...
On ‎8‎/‎22‎/‎2017 at 3:43 AM, johnm81 said:

GOOD NEWS!

Survivor johnm81 asks, “Prim+ players have been told that load times for pc version can't be addressed till after alpha. Now that alpha is over what are the plans to lower the 5-15min load times for this total conversion?”

Quote  Jeremy "Drake" Stieglitz

Yep, we need to do give it a proper Seekfree cook which would then have the same load times as the base game. We’ll do so soon. The problem is that it has to then be updated (recooked) more often as well, but I think we can handle it. We may also provide Dev Kit authors with the option to do a (large but super-fast-loading) Seekfree cook.

I have suspected a cook of some sort was what needed to be done.  I really hope they do that soon.  At least to give us the option to do it ourselves.  I've been trying to figure it out, but I'm just getting started with the devkit and the learning curve is very steep, especially with outdated tutorials and information that's no longer relevant.  I've actually found Conan tutorials to be more informative and helpful than the ARK ones.

Archived