Come help me convice Wildcard...

iFreecell

Hello everyone.

id like to ask for your assistance. Every weekend(mostly) we see a 1.5x tame/xp/gather and the occasional 2x everything.

I would like to get Wildcards attention and get the 1.5x weekends to inclube breeding (mature/incubate/mating). 

I think the only way to achieve this is for the community to come together and post on one topic, to light it up with a thousand comments and put this on there radar.

i know there are a ton of other things that could be brought up and posted about, but with all the outtages etc i think the players deserve "a win" so lets get them to change this small thing.

Thanks everyone.

Freecell

note: if someone wants to forward this post to reddit to attract more attention please do!

I personally don't understand why the current 1.5 doesn't including breeding, but there very easily could be a reason. Yes i would like it if they did, it would make it possible for me to raise squid's/mosa's again but idk. I also feel that the event itself is very nice and they don't have to do it. I am a little peeved that we went through nearly three day's of the game being unplayable and they didn't do anything to compensate but such is life. You don't always get compensated. But like i said, this is all just me. 

1 hour ago, Volcano637 said:

Sorry, I admire what you are doing but I think that would be a little overboard.

i can respect that. i just feel that for people with limited time to play daily 4-5 hours a 1.5x on the weekend wouldnt make it super op but would reduce like 9 hour rex babys to 6-7 and i think a majority of the player base would benefit from this as a whole.

6 minutes ago, iFreecell said:

i can respect that. i just feel that for people with limited time to play daily 4-5 hours a 1.5x on the weekend wouldnt make it super op but would reduce like 9 hour rex babys to 6-7 and i think a majority of the player base would benefit from this as a whole.

It would definitely be helpful, I do agree, it is just that if you look at the other event thread you will see why I think this way. I have nothing against anybody but there are a lot of people that look at unofficials as cheating and make fun of them even if they are close to vanilla officials. 

I take it even further and think that events are making officials just like unofficials especially because they made the old 2x permanent so events are really 3 to 4x. 

So it's not really the rates that bother me, it is how people act or are treated because of it.

Constant 2x breeding = Tamed dino cap on officials EXACTLY the way it was on Valentines Day. Kinda selfish I think as youre raptoring over any new player who cant even tame a dilo because the server hit cap due to everyone breeding like rabbits...

Direct your request into WC making a storage option for dinos or working out more dinos/better performance that can handle a higher cap.

Nope, nope, nope. Down vote!

To each there own so no offense to OP or anyone else that would like this, but I already dislike the spirit and schedule behind the current events, they don't need to be any better.

Personally I'd take everything back to the original 1X and leave it there, permanently. To me, in a survival game, everything should take a long time. Would be nice if the breeding system was such that it could be more automated with a nice base set up. I get that it sucks to sit around for an entire weekend imprinting, and I think with resources and knowledge players should have more tools to make it a bit easier. Making it flat out faster is an uncreative band aid.

Disclaimer: I can almost never play on the weekends, so maybe I'm a little salty about that too :-D.

12 minutes ago, Arkasaurio said:

To each there own so no offense to OP or anyone else that would like this, but I already dislike the spirit and schedule behind the current events, they don't need to be any better.

Personally I'd take everything back to the original 1X and leave it there, permanently. To me, in a survival game, everything should take a long time. Would be nice if the breeding system was such that it could be more automated with a nice base set up. I get that it sucks to sit around for an entire weekend imprinting, and I think with resources and knowledge players should have more tools to make it a bit easier. Making it flat out faster is an uncreative band aid.

Disclaimer: I can almost never play on the weekends, so maybe I'm a little salty about that too :-D.

I'd be fine with that if the value was there which it currently isn't.  I wouldn't mind spending a whole weekend breeding a amazing rex, if that rex could walk into the boss arena and take out the boss.  Instead you need 20 of them.  Now once you get to the point you have 20, it's not hard to make 20 more eggs so yeah ok cool, but getting to that point takes way too long.

Someone did make a very valid point though, make it too quick and the servers fill up with tames just that much faster.  I think WC really needs to redesign kibble to not require kibble farms which would reduce the number of tames, and make the bosses not require 20 maxed rexes to defeat.  But that's just me.

5 minutes ago, Arkasaurio said:

What are you breeding?  You said, "I get that it sucks to sit around for an entire weekend imprinting,.."  Unless you are breeding lystros, dodos, dimorphs, etc. there aren't many breeds that only take the course of the weekend.  Especially, if you go into wyverns, quetzals, and gigas.  There aren't really any tools that can make a 5 day imprint on a wyvern any easier or a 28 hour baby phase on a giga that gets 1% imprint every 4 hours.

It's not, "an uncreative bandaid," it's a way to allow the players to enjoy the game more and be able to have a life as well as do the things they want in game.

33 minutes ago, Arkasaurio said:

Actually you make alot of good points, with making it faster being a band-aid. I'm just saying that since they already do 1.5 weekends they can add a .5 to 3 lines.

I do agree with you, if they were able to somehow automate certain things in game it would relieve alot of stress from players and we wouldnt need 1.5 or 2x it could maybe get people to fully enjoy the game rather then get wiped everytime they build.

9 minutes ago, Cripling said:

What are you breeding?  You said, "I get that it sucks to sit around for an entire weekend imprinting,.."  Unless you are breeding lystros, dodos, dimorphs, etc. there aren't many breeds that only take the course of the weekend.  Especially, if you go into wyverns, quetzals, and gigas.  There aren't really any tools that can make a 5 day imprint on a wyvern any easier or a 28 hour baby phase on a giga that gets 1% imprint every 4 hours.

It's not, "an uncreative bandaid," it's a way to allow the players to enjoy the game more and be able to have a life as well as do the things they want in game.

you sir should have been the OP, u described it way better than i ever could have. lol

43 minutes ago, Cripling said:

There aren't really any tools that can make a 5 day imprint on a wyvern any easier or a 28 hour baby phase on a giga that gets 1% imprint every 4 hours.

Yes, there is. It's called "unofficial servers". And there is nothing wrong with them (in fact they are more stable these days) and nothing wrong playing at the pace you want to play.

And if you are not able to have a life because of a game AND blame the game for it I have bad news for you...

2 minutes ago, TheSpirit said:

Yes, there is. It's called "unofficial servers". And there is nothing wrong with them (in fact they are more stable these days) and nothing wrong playing at the pace you want to play. And if you are NOT ABLE to have a life because of a game and blame the game for it I have bad news for you...

Unofficial servers are not a tool.  They are another way of playing the game in a community that is isolated from global and completely customizable.  People play official servers because they want to be a part of an open community, with the chance of meeting others every day.  They also want a hard set of rules moderated equally amongst everyone.  The goal is to make the game enjoyable for as many people as possible. 

If you feel that having a life consists of logging on every four hours, at bare minimum responsibility, just to imprint on a giga over the course of 13 days, "I think I have some bad news for you..."  This game is set-up to be a time vampire... everything you do takes a considerable amount of time. 

Playing ark is like going shopping with your mom or girlfriend.  You think you're going on to do a few things quickly and next thing you know you've been there for 3 hours.

The way things are set now.  There is no way any breeder worth his/her salt on an official server, that imprints avidly, has a life.  Especially, if they have a job and/or significant other.  Don't forget the people that have families and jobs that want to play with official communities.

• Volunteer Moderator
8 minutes ago, Cripling said:

Unofficial servers are not a tool.  They are another way of playing the game in a community that is isolated from global and completely customizable.  People play official servers because they want to be a part of an open community, with the chance of meeting others every day.  They also want a hard set of rules moderated equally amongst everyone.  The goal is to make the game enjoyable for as many people as possible. 

Barring ones that are password protected, unofficial servers are every bit "an open community" as official ones. And the bulk of them do have active administration that enforces "a hard set of rules moderately equally amongst everyone". That people aren't confined to just official servers (like you would an MMORPG for example) and are able to look for or create an unofficial server that's tailored to your specifications pretty much points to the capability to make the game as enjoyable for as many people as possible.

30 minutes ago, ciabattaroll said:

Barring ones that are password protected, unofficial servers are every bit "an open community" as official ones. And the bulk of them do have active administration that enforces "a hard set of rules moderately equally amongst everyone". That people aren't confined to just official servers (like you would an MMORPG for example) and are able to look for or create an unofficial server that's tailored to your specifications pretty much points to the capability to make the game as enjoyable for as many people as possible.

What you're saying is true, but on that same coin. As someone that hosted 3 linked servers for a little over a year when i took a break from official, they arent permanent.

Once the ownership, runs out of money, or gets bored an unofficial can disappear in an instant. Granted the same could be said for official on pvp, but getting wiped due to a raid has a different feel to it rather than wiped due to someone not paying there bill.

The unofficials can easily survive off donations, some very easily have patrons willing to send money, but many arent able to and u risk issues. My servers that we had were set up to pay for themselves, donations = dinos of certain levels, but with ark being ark, every little update with mods being out of date etc, it turned into a giant time sink while i played official and had to stop it.

i defintely understand what you're saying, and there are definitely server clusters that have that community. I just think people that play official, prefer it for select reasons such as getting wiped to pvp rather than an admin issue. Another big concern is admin abuse, there are no reprocussions for an admin of an unofficial to not do things, unlike on official, a mofo can lose his job if doing inappropriate things. I know for myself those little things give me peace of mind, and i know a TON of people that would suffer more in the long run on official just for that peace of mind.

2 hours ago, BeardO said:

I'd be fine with that if the value was there which it currently isn't.  I wouldn't mind spending a whole weekend breeding a amazing rex, if that rex could walk into the boss arena and take out the boss.  Instead you need 20 of them.  Now once you get to the point you have 20, it's not hard to make 20 more eggs so yeah ok cool, but getting to that point takes way too long.

Someone did make a very valid point though, make it too quick and the servers fill up with tames just that much faster.  I think WC really needs to redesign kibble to not require kibble farms which would reduce the number of tames, and make the bosses not require 20 maxed rexes to defeat.  But that's just me.

I mean this with no sarcasm or disrespect, but in my opinion if you want to regularly run bosses, you should have to put in a ton of time getting the tools necessary or you need to have a large tribe. I'm also open to making improvements and changes to the boss system, even making it accessible more easily, but in this case the issue is the bosses being too hard, not breeding being too slow.

1 hour ago, Cripling said:

Nothing right now because I'm playing solo :-). The issue here to me isn't that breeding is too slow, it's that you can't effectively imprint and feed without being online, so that's where I got the uncreative band aid part. Make the breeding system better, don't take the current system and just make it faster.

1 hour ago, iFreecell said:

Actually you make alot of good points, with making it faster being a band-aid. I'm just saying that since they already do 1.5 weekends they can add a .5 to 3 lines.

I do agree with you, if they were able to somehow automate certain things in game it would relieve alot of stress from players and we wouldnt need 1.5 or 2x it could maybe get people to fully enjoy the game rather then get wiped everytime they build.

Hey got a sort of agreement! 

My personal preferences aside, and I really just put those out there to make OP realize he may not have community wide support on his mission, I think the biggest reason against this is tame caps and performance issues. Less of am issue on PvP, but if WC gave PvP players a breeding bonus but not the PvE folks (if they even have that capability) I can already hear the outcry.

1 minute ago, Arkasaurio said:

My personal preferences aside, and I really just put those out there to make OP realize he may not have community wide support on his mission, I think the biggest reason against this is tame caps and performance issues. Less of am issue on PvP, but if WC gave PvP players a breeding bonus but not the PvE folks (if they even have that capability) I can already hear the outcry.

yea i had never even heard of tame cap until now lol. hadnt crossed my mind.

1 minute ago, iFreecell said:

yea i had never even heard of tame cap until now lol. hadnt crossed my mind.

It's only and issue on PvE, because someone will always kill your stuff. It has surprised me that I haven't heard of anyone breeding 1000s of dodos on single server just to see what would happen though.

Also just connected the dots that you are OP :-)

Archived