Boss Fix

gerrynaples

i lost 19 rexes to alpha, then 18 rexes to beta. first iteration had a yuti.  2nd iteration had a yuti and a pig, and all 10 of us had 285 assault rifles/compounds.

got alpha to 50%

got beta to 20% and wiped for both to megapithicus.

*we killed brood without taking more than 5k dmg to some rexes.

guess i should mention, rexes all 30-34k hp   and 800-900 dmg

When I read your posts I think me losing a few Rexes on Center arena doesn't seem that bad anymore.

I thought it was a disaster, but now I see it could have ended much worse.

Boss arena should be difficult and require tributes to be collected and good dinos. But if boss arena claims your high level dinos every time it doesn't mean the bosses are balanced. Quite the opposite. Sorry but losing 1-5 high bred rexes I spent days/weeks to raise for 16 element?! How is that balanced.

Devs may feel it's balanced.. they just spawn lvl 350 rexes in an instant, go to arena and decide.. 'ok, we lost a few rexes, it's balanced now". Like hell it is.

18 hours ago, gerrynaples said:

"Additional damage and health adjustments to the Dragon, Megapithecus, and TheCenter bosses.". What they mean for "Health Adjustments"? Increase Health or decrease?????

So confuse...

Dragon is so much hard atm

Opening my Wildcard to English dictionary.... here is the quote

"Adjustment [verb] see To Balance"

"Balance [verb] the process of making the players life more miserable, the game more time consuming in a futile attempt to make the game look like more challenging without actually measuring and checking the changes.
Examples: Balancing the speed of tamed animals - meaning the tamed animal speed is reduced
                 Balancing the HP of the bosses - the HP of the bosses are significantly increased
                 Balancing the fuel consumption of generators - harvesting of raw oil reduced and fuel cosumption is doubled
                 Balancing food spoil time - food spoils faster than before"

Based on it you can find out what happened wit boss HP and damage.. actually in other topics some players found out that the attack of the mesopithecus - at least the special attack - ignores saddle armor and dragon flame attack does 20% HP damage, so 5 hit and your rexes go in the heaven regardless of their HP

58 minutes ago, lammaer555 said:

Opening my Wildcard to English dictionary.... here is the quote

"Adjustment [verb] see To Balance"

"Balance [verb] the process of making the players life more miserable, the game more time consuming in a futile attempt to make the game look like more challenging without actually measuring and checking the changes.
Examples: Balancing the speed of tamed animals - meaning the tamed animal speed is reduced
                 Balancing the HP of the bosses - the HP of the bosses are significantly increased
                 Balancing the fuel consumption of generators - harvesting of raw oil reduced and fuel cosumption is doubled
                 Balancing food spoil time - food spoils faster than before"

Based on it you can find out what happened wit boss HP and damage.. actually in other topics some players found out that the attack of the mesopithecus - at least the special attack - ignores saddle armor and dragon flame attack does 20% HP damage, so 5 hit and your rexes go in the heaven regardless of their HP

hehe, don't forget that dino's and guns do only 25% damage to the bosses now apparently.

Just remove the bosses from the center and the tek stuff, no use like this anyway.

6 hours ago, Musketeer said:

When I read your posts I think me losing a few Rexes on Center arena doesn't seem that bad anymore.

I thought it was a disaster, but now I see it could have ended much worse.

Boss arena should be difficult and require tributes to be collected and good dinos. But if boss arena claims your high level dinos every time it doesn't mean the bosses are balanced. Quite the opposite. Sorry but losing 1-5 high bred rexes I spent days/weeks to raise for 16 element?! How is that balanced.

Devs may feel it's balanced.. they just spawn lvl 350 rexes in an instant, go to arena and decide.. 'ok, we lost a few rexes, it's balanced now". Like hell it is.

Personally, they should buy rex eggs from ppl in the community, raise them for 4 days and try to imprint them like everyone else. Then, try to find or purchase, for a rediculous sum, a rex saddle bp. Do the caves. Then find the tributes needed for 1 fight. 

Level the rexs up like everyone else on officials.

Then, and only then, go do the boss fights. 

They might get a sense of how rediculous a lot of these mechanics are. 

At 262 I checked hard dragon HP and it was 1.26 million. Unfortunately, at 261 I didn't check its HP during the fight, but it felt lower than at 261, as I was able to bring it down quicker and managed to get it to 15%.

263 was a nerf, at least to the HP. I checked yesterday and hard dragon's HP is now around 970,000. I haven't fought it yet, probably I'll try this evening, and see if it also got weaker in damage.

Also see my post here: 

31 minutes ago, s710 said:

At 262 I checked hard dragon HP and it was 1.26 million. Unfortunately, at 261 I didn't check its HP during the fight, but it felt lower than at 261, as I was able to bring it down quicker and managed to get it to 15%.

263 was a nerf, at least to the HP. I checked yesterday and hard dragon's HP is now around 970,000. I haven't fought it yet, probably I'll try this evening, and see if it also got weaker in damage.

Also see my post here: 

Sure. You think that is their HP. Read it again and pay attention. Actually look at what is printed. You only do 1/3 the damage with dinos on the boss. And boss damage to you has been doubled at minimum.

Don't believe me? Simple. Go try it. Tell you what, record it and put it on here too. Do it on solo, with what you think will have reduced HP further.

But, you need minimum 18 rexes higher than level 1500 with 350 armor saddles and 100K hp and 3K melee. Anything less will die.

I know this. We tested on official with good high level rexes, 18 of them with 30K plus hp an 700 plus melee, and 90-100 armor saddles. Dead in less than five minutes.

Tested it with level 800 rexes, 18 of them, 60K hp and 1800 melee with 350 armor saddles.

Dead in ten minutes, less than half HP gone of medium dragon.

Perhaps reading around a bit will discourage you from trying bosses right now. You know something is wrong when even the moderators and Jat say they screwed up the scaling.

Or not. You play unofficial, so maybe your bosses actually are nerfed. Official and solo sure as heck are not.

1 hour ago, ducttapefixeseverything said:

Sure. You think that is their HP. Read it again and pay attention. Actually look at what is printed. You only do 1/3 the damage with dinos on the boss. And boss damage to you has been doubled at minimum.

Don't believe me? Simple. Go try it. Tell you what, record it and put it on here too. Do it on solo, with what you think will have reduced HP further.

What are you talking about? :)

I was posting my observations of hard dragon boss hitpoints which I made using omnicular, which prints the HP of the creature youre looking at, because this thread is asking what the changes in patch 263 were. I checked the HP at patch 262 and patch 263.

Umm, you really don't pay attention to what is going on around you, do you?

Dinos and players do only 1/4 damage to boss. Did you read that?

So your cute little program? Means nothing. Zero. Zip. Nada. Less than used toilet paper.

Pay attention, because here comes the part you do not understand.

If dragon has 1 million hp.

And you do only 25 percent of your normal rex damage because special needs short bus tommy in Dev land decided to make it that way....

Then that means that everyone is now fighting the equivalent of a four million hp dragon.

The dragon is also doing twice the damage to you that it used to and ignores saddle armor.

Hitpoints mean nothing if you do not add in the damage modifier nerf the devs added.

Soo...yeah.

Archived