"Tek cave pool" in the new PC update v263

RedneckWolf

2 minutes ago, RedneckWolf said:

"TEK Cave pool now refills your element, as well as causes you damage if you're not wearing a full element set"

Can anyone elaborate on this patch note? Does this mean we will have to wear tek armor in the tek cave now? Or is there going to be a pool of element lol. What are ya'll's thoughts?

common sense says it will not GIVE you element, but rather recharge element that is currently powering your TEK suit. This is not rocket science.

31 minutes ago, Jrminot said:

If I remember correctly, there is a pool of liquid at the end of the cave.  I am assuming that this change allows you to stand in it to replenish (and repair?) your tek gear. So it is sort of a added perk to running the cave.

This, and I think that if they implement a final boss, using the pool will be a must-do before taking on that boss.

The patch didn't add that at all. I noticed the effect shortly after the tek cave was released. If I stood in the pool with any tek gear on it'd be recharged. The more tek armor I wore the less damage I took until I had a full suit on and took no damage.

It simply recharges the energy of the tek items you're using. Why? I have no idea. Maybe the portal at the end will eventually take us to a boss and we'll be able to fight it with our tek crap. Well HAVE to fight it with our tek crap since a lot of non-tek items are superior.

I also explored the area around the pool and there was nothing of interest except a few areas that will trap you in place.

5 minutes ago, invincibleqc said:

You don't lose your items, only your dinos afaik.

You lose everything brought into the cave. After you sit through the cinematic and the credits you get booted and then log back in to the respawn window. At least I got booted every time I did it in singleplayer. Don't know about that part on official. You definitely have to respawn though.

47 minutes ago, Vrallox said:

You lose everything brought into the cave. After you sit through the cinematic and the credits you get booted and then log back in to the respawn window. At least I got booted every time I did it in singleplayer. Don't know about that part on official. You definitely have to respawn though.

On official, your character is uploaded into the ARK. If you spawn it in anywhere, you will have the items that you had on you when you ascended.

1 minute ago, JIGGA said:

On official, your character is uploaded into the ARK. If you spawn it in anywhere, you will have the items that you had on you when you ascended.

Ah. I stand corrected. That's good news to anyone risking valuable items in the cave. I suppose one could save the saddles of their mounts as well.

I keep putting off doing it on official. I suppose I'll have to put it off even longer now that the bosses have been boosted to an insane degree.

9 hours ago, Vrallox said:

Ah. I stand corrected. That's good news to anyone risking valuable items in the cave. I suppose one could save the saddles of their mounts as well.

I keep putting off doing it on official. I suppose I'll have to put it off even longer now that the bosses have been boosted to an insane degree.

you only keep anything on you if you are in TEK, if you're not, it's gone

17 hours ago, JIGGA said:

On unofficial too... did the TEk cave twice (the gamma nd the alpha), alll of us respawned with full ear and invetory. Only the dinos were lost. So take the saddles before ascension :)

• 5 weeks later...
On 7/18/2017 at 4:34 AM, Zederia said:

you only keep anything on you if you are in TEK, if you're not, it's gone

WRONG lol so many people spread the wrong info these days its unreal has nothing to do with what your wearing I took a team of 10 through just yesterday they all had flak on not a single one of them had anything tek because it wasnt there server so no element for them to use it i told them as usual pull ur saddles an anything valuable of your rex an keep it on spawn at the beds when it says downlaod char an your stuff will be in inventory just like every other time..........the only time you lose your stuff is when you do it in SP which seems to be what 9/10 people are doing because they are not able to do it in offical an then they relay all that info back to forums an stuff an then everyone has the wrong idea go do it in official see what happens then pass yoru information on....

16 hours ago, Brometheus said:

the only time you lose your stuff is when you do it in SP which seems to be what 9/10 people are doing because they are not able to do it in offical an then they relay all that info back to forums an stuff an then everyone has the wrong idea go do it in official see what happens then pass yoru information on....

WRONG. at the time of posting it WAS correct info, and I did it on a LIVE server. not single player SERVER. They have since changed that

2 hours ago, Zederia said:

WRONG. at the time of posting it WAS correct info, and I did it on a LIVE server. not single player SERVER. They have since changed that

We did the Tek Cave a week or two before your time of posting, the 2 who made it at the end kept their stuff and had nothing of Tek on them, that's why I asked if it was something new.

I'm guessing your info was indeed incorrect, so maybe you experienced a bug of some kind.

2 minutes ago, Maedean Shepard said:

We did the Tek Cave a week or two before your time of posting, the 2 who made it at the end kept their stuff and had nothing of Tek on them, that's why I asked if it was something new.

I'm guessing your info was indeed incorrect, so maybe you experienced a bug of some kind.

When I did the tek cave upon the major release, it removed EVERYTHING, including tek, again, on a live server. Later it was changed and you kept tek inventories. IF they changed it AGAIN, that's not something I'm aware of, but that's how it was when I posted

Did the tek cave last weekend on unofficial NON clustered server, we all lost everything. additionally, when the respawn screen comes up we cant select a bed and cant change spawn region. we just spawn somewhere random. I don't know why they didn't just teleport players and dinos back to the tek cave entrance O.o

1 hour ago, Zederia said:

When I did the tek cave upon the major release, it removed EVERYTHING, including tek, again, on a live server. Later it was changed and you kept tek inventories. IF they changed it AGAIN, that's not something I'm aware of, but that's how it was when I posted

No it didnt for the first few days it wiped inventorys then there was a hotfix pretty much staight away an ever since then it hasnt wiped inventorys I know I have been through enough times an taken enough people through since the thing was added the only thing it will not let you keep on your person is any tributes or trophys you may have on you an any element you have the reason being because you cant transfer that stuff so when you re download your char it will be gone everything else is fine an has been that way since it came!

Archived