Update regarding: Ragnarok on Consoles, PS4 Update, Xbox v759.2, PC v263

Jatheish

1 hour ago, ohaimynameisjosh said:

WC, you are without a doubt, the worst studio I've ever purchased a game from.  You have, over the course of the last 4 months, continuously destroyed your own creation with unnecessary "fixes," changes, and rushed patches.  Everything you do now, seems to have been slapped together as fast as possible.  Your company has become one that consistently over promises and under delivers, ignoring the player base.  They aren't asking for quantity, they want quality.

You are less than a month away from the full release of the game and I still have origami dinos loading in.  I still have dino's falling through the floor.  And xbox still can't adjust bloom quality.  These problems have been around since game launch, but instead, your time was spent putting in stupid needless options (i.e. the little circle that indicates if a skin is equipped to an item or not).    

There are two explanations that exist for these decisions and delays. First:  you are incompetent.  I suspect with your group already in house, you cannot fix the problems within the game further or without creating new ones, and cannot get things out one time because you are understaffed,  overworked or just reached the maximum ability of your employees/designers/engineers.  It's like watching a bunch of college programers with no business background or understanding try to run a tech company.  I visualize your dev team as the guys from Silicon Valley on HBO. Spoiler alert:  There is a reason why they hired Jared in that show.  

But you know what, that's fine.  What's not fine, is rather than hiring on more employees to perform maintenance and fix bugs, monitor reports of violations and glitches, you continue to focus on new content.  Basically, you're focusing on ways to make more money and don't worry about a couple people here or there who aren't taken care of.  

The other option is you simply don't care.  You don't care about the population, you don't care if anything is fixed and you don't care what your product looks like as long as you can make money from it.  I personally believe that pre-ordering and incentivizing people to put money down for video games before the product is polished and ready to be fully released should be illegal.  You hype up a game but retain the right to push back deadlines and alter content whenever you wish.  You sell a product that can be altered at any point in time, and want the money up front for it.  Basically, you market better than you produce at this point.  Your recent decisions and priorities all lead me to believe you really don't care anymore about how your game plays, just how much money you can make from it.  But apparently 2x fixing everything.  

Lastly, I see a lot of people early on in this thread asking for info on server wipes.  It's hilarious to me that the answer is 'we'll keep you posted.'  Listen, you guys are 1 month away from launch (although I wouldn't at all be surprised if you pushed back that date as well).  You already know if you are going to wipe the servers or not.  That's not a conversation you and your team have with less than a week before the game goes live unless you are truly incompetent and inconsiderate.  Not totally out of the question at this point (see above reasons).  

My point is this:

Do the right thing and tell people already if you intend to wipe servers or not.  I get it, if you say you're wiping, a lot of people will quit and that doesn't look so good for the game.  But not announcing it in advance basically means everyone who is grinding in your game that you continue to make grindier and grindier can stop spending hours of their lives in an activity they'll no longer wanna do.  Get it?  If your company decides to wipe, everyday you delay in telling the community literally takes hours away from peoples lives that they could spend doing other things.  Do the right thing, make the hard decision. I personally hope you do wipe so I can start all over again, but just on a single server and only spend a few hours a week messing around and playing with friends casually (currently our tribe is one all three maps for xbox, and the maintenance is a nightmare for our small group).  

For the record, I don't think WC is an evil corporation out to rule the world.  I just think you saw $ signs and you forgot that you're designing a video game.  Everything recently seems to be how to force people to spend more time doing activities.  The grind is not the fun part of the game though for most people.  And I'm not sure if this was the rationalization behind it, but more grinding to get to the finish doesn't necessarily make it more rewarding; rather more exhausting.   Ark is a beautiful concept for a game and that holds a lot of weight, but delivery and execution are not up to par.  If you need help, get it, don't be greedy, hire more people and get help. 

So here's to you WC.  Thanks for your update, whatever it's worth to people.  I really hope you get your act together and figure out a way to work, because if not, you're wasting a beautiful idea.  You'll make a lot more money and have a lot more loyalty if you start to focus on the quality of your product again.   

Well said. You summed up all my criticism towards the game and Wildcard. 

Due to adding more and more meaningless content and ignoring quality of the game, ARK is vast as an ocean, but deep as a puddle.

• Replies 230
  • Created
  • Last Reply
21 hours ago, Jat said:

I'll have an engineer check them out when they're available, currently, power napping at the mo and I'm about to get to work on the final build too.

21 hours ago, Jat said:

Hello all,

I just wanted to provide you an update you on what's going on at Wildcard, and how things are going to be over the next few days. We've entered our final sprint to wrap up the game for console "retail disc" certification submission, and once that is done we will be refocusing our development efforts on the live game, this will include a lot of networking changes to resolve the issues with DDoS and a lot of focus on server stability to get rid of those nasty dupers. Unfortunately, the submission process took longer than we had initially planned and required everyone at Wildcard burning the midnight oil to get things ready -- we're just about done with that process now, and so onto the reason you clicked on this thread:

---

Ragnarok Delay on Consoles

I hate to be the bearer of bad news and especially when it's as disappointing as this, but Ragnarok will not be releasing on the 19th of July. I know a lot of you guys have been waiting a long time for it and we're incredibly sorry. We tried very hard to meet the deadline, but as of where we stand now with the focus over the past 2 weeks of preparing for "certification", we know we're not able to. It's frustrating, and we know we've already missed 2 ETAs for the map but afraid it's looking like it will still be a while out. I will be posting an announcement on Wednesday, sharing the new release date we have planned, as well as a full "state of the game" overview that will go into some detail about our plans for the next month. That'll happen once we've wrapped up our submission (which is essentially consuming Tuesday), and can sit down together to have a chat.

Where is the PS4 update?

The PS4 update will definitely be coming this week, as we'll be submitting our console certs this week. We should wrap up Xbox today, and then we'll be helping out Abstraction as much as we can to bring the PS4 up to spec! It's been a long wait, and this is going to be a very big patch, but there will be a lot of improvements, especially to dashboarding as our new memory-management system comes in place. It's difficult to give a precise date for when it'll drop, as it'll be based on when we submit and how we wrap it up, but we're expecting somewhere between Wednesday and Friday. If that changes, we'll, of course, let you know, but we'll be doing our best alongside Abstraction to meet it.

Xbox Update v759.2

We've just pushed a small Xbox Update to Microsoft which will contain fixes for the LB+Button Combo Issue, the No Dino AI on PvE and ORP servers, The ARK Data Folder Toggle issue, as well as a problem with translations (where many localisations were not appearing). It's currently in certification and we're hoping they will be able to push it out today. It is just a client-side update, so there will be no need to redeploy official servers, however, if you've got auto-update on, please be cautious as your Xbox may automatically start downloading the patch! I'll keep you posted via the patch notes and social media when we've received confirmation about whether the patch will be available today (Monday).

PC Update v263

Our plan is to deploy a PC build in a few hours today, it is close to our near-submission build for console and it would be great to get a lot of feedback regarding the Single Player Experience  in particular (using Single Player Settings check box) -- since that is what we'll shortly be pressing onto discs for permanent physical posterity. We've made a lot of adjustment to the bosses, as well how the game is played in SP, how it runs; so if you're able to provide us feedback on this build or any issues you find, it'll be great as it'll be near enough the one we'll be submitting for retail disc.

----

I know the last few weeks have been a little hectic, and we're very grateful to each of you for sticking with us. Soon thereafter we'll be directly addressing the problems that affect the online version of the game with our entire team. Thank you so much for being so patient, and we look forward to providing you all the details of our upcoming battle-plan on Wednesday!

Finally we have a feedback thank u very much for this.

Many of us are playing in isolated servers, servers that are mostly down, at least 4 days a week, we lost all the events x2, many objects, eggs, many people dupping, ddos attacks, etc. Will u reward all of us for all these problems? If u want to do it, how? We need more feedback! @Jat

21 minutes ago, Lewiatan said:

Well said. You summed up all my criticism towards the game and Wildcard. 

Due to adding more and more meaningless content and ignoring quality of the game, ARK is vast as an ocean, but deep as a puddle.

Well... see if this logic tracks with you: Option A Release new content, focus on bug fixes and optimization, with the fixes themselves potentially breaking the game, causing a higher need for bug fixing, subtracting from the team working on upcoming content, thus delaying the game further from official release in the long run or Option B focus on building up the content of the game, fix only the worst offenders for bugs and hammer hard on quality and optimization during the home stretch. Given the extensiveness of the patch notes from the last 3 major revisions, your complaints about quality seem to be..... misplaced. Will they have a perfect game by release next month? No, probably not rare is it that a massive-in-scope game has a perfect release. Will it be in far better shape? Yes.  After the most recent round of patching, I only have a few issues running this game at 4K60FPS(aside from the odd HDR issue which cuts the FPS down to 1/3)on Epic. Previous to that I was lucky to hit 20-30 FPS. I am noticing fewer and fewer of the formerly persistent problems(hotkeys not working and missing tooltips among them) they are working on the quality, and perhaps if you used this as the internet instead of the bitchernet you might see that.

Guys you really want to launch without a queue system??? Already forgot the previous launches? People waiting for hours to play the ffffing game? You will have even MORE players this time: you will be destroyed by players and professional reviewers if the game will be unplayable for weeks. Don't launch without a queue system. Dont.

On 7/17/2017 at 7:35 AM, Jat said:

Ragnarok Delay on Consoles

I hate to be the bearer of bad news and especially when it's as disappointing as this, but Ragnarok will not be releasing on the 19th of July. I know a lot of you guys have been waiting a long time for it and we're incredibly sorry. We tried very hard to meet the deadline, but as of where we stand now with the focus over the past 2 weeks of preparing for "certification", we know we're not able to. It's frustrating, and we know we've already missed 2 ETAs for the map but afraid it's looking like it will still be a while out. I will be posting an announcement on Wednesday, sharing the new release date we have planned, as well as a full "state of the game" overview that will go into some detail about our plans for the next month. That'll happen once we've wrapped up our submission (which is essentially consuming Tuesday), and can sit down together to have a chat.

You really need to hire a team or a person who knows how to communicate.  You have all failed so miserably at ETA's and Release dates its a running joke we all have about Wild Card.  Its not frustrating its just really poor management of your company and reflects poor leadership.  NEVER over promise and under deliver but 3 times on the same issue.  I'm not even mad about this because I have already taken down my server.  Your losing your player base right before release shows you are banking on new market sales of different countries.  You will lose out eventually to your original player base.  I will not support your future creations without drastic and visible changes to WC management.  I highly suggest you evaluate how 7 days to die, Astroneers, Subnautica and the lone dark all manage their communications and release of updates.  They are winning in these categories big time especially 7 days to die and Subnautica.   My online review of the game will be modified to reflect my current opinion of WC.

I think this topic has been completely diluted, I am glad for the update from Jat, I hope they make a bundle of money that they can then spend on developing and continuing this game

I believe this game is only as deep as your imagination, so if you see the depth of a puddle......

I have never seen so much detail in a video game - Specifically how each dinosaur has a personality- AMAZING

Rollbacks on Ragnarock have been demoralizing but only because I love the game so much,  it provides such a deep immersion experience that I am disgusted when it is broken,.

I would gladly accept a wipe and play the game all over again if it meant stability on the server

This game isn't about what I have now its what I can imagine in the coming months, years

Enjoy the journey my friends, or don't embark upon  it's a simple choice....so much anger

Currently the durability values of firearms and armor are much lower than before.
It is not written in the change point of v263, is this a specification?Or is it a bug?
If it is a specification, it is a silly change.
From the viewpoint of material efficiency and bonus giving, the design drawing of primitive firearms etc. becomes good.
High quality drawings are difficult to obtain.
In this state, high-quality drawings become garbage.

35 minutes ago, GreenRoc said:

I dont understand what you mean. Which admin command can delete the dinos from the transmitter? I'm not looking to recover them, I'm looking to delete them.

The issue might have gotten overlooked because the best fitting category for my issue for the tickets was "stuck dino" which I know they wont help with recovering dinos, so I am not looking for that, but no other category for the ticket was suitable. The issue I am having is a different issue than the stereotypical "we wont help you" kind. It's an actual programming thing that should be addressed before they hit the hardcopy disk.

Transmitters need a delete button for dinos. But since the transmitters dont, this is why I have an issue currently that only Wildcard can fix.

I cannot get rid of the darn things in the transmitter. I need a game dev to do that (or tell me how). I feel my issue/bug was overlooked and was hoping to point it out to @Jat But getting run-arounds and misunderstood in tickets maybe a PR thing? @Jen @lilpanda and probably a different issue, but who else can I ping because I need help with this!

I have no idea how to fix this problem that refuses to go away. I need Wildcard to fix it.

Help me Wildcard, you are my only hope!

That sounds like a corruption of your local save files.....if so, the only fix is deletion of local saved game data...

51 minutes ago, Bigdaddy99 said:

That sounds like a corruption of your local save files.....if so, the only fix is deletion of local saved game data...

Yeahhhhh.... not worth it, got too much invested in singleplayer to delete my files for something small like that, that a dev should fix. I sent another ticket today.

Also, someone finally responded to my May 30th thread, so I might get a resolution soon, hopefully.

I probably shouldn't continue this discussion here, since I got a reply to the other thread.

Thx for trying to find a solution, effort is appreciated.

12 minutes ago, GreenRoc said:

Yeahhhhh.... not worth it, got too much invested in singleplayer to delete my files for something small like that, that a dev should fix. I sent another ticket today.

Also, someone finally responded to my May 30th thread, so I might get a resolution soon, hopefully.

I probably shouldn't continue this discussion here, since I got a reply to the other thread.

Thx for trying to find a solution, effort is appreciated.

If you can wait until they finish the disc, they can help you....it's mayhem this week....

Hey @Jat, thanks for the update. Is there any clear scope of what will be fixed with the new PS4 patch? We are going crazy of dedicated server crashes, join lag and random FPS drops. We'd love to see these things fixed and knowing if they are fixed in this patch so we can start setting up more elite servers. This means a big investment in server room for more ps4's in the data center. Is there also an idea of making ps4 ark dedicated servers run on Linux?

Yours sincerely,

PS4ark.com

• Jatheish unfeatured and unpinned this topic
1 hour ago, ps4ark said:

Hey @Jat, thanks for the update. Is there any clear scope of what will be fixed with the new PS4 patch? We are going crazy of dedicated server crashes, join lag and random FPS drops. We'd love to see these things fixed and knowing if they are fixed in this patch so we can start setting up more elite servers. This means a big investment in server room for more ps4's in the data center. Is there also an idea of making ps4 ark dedicated servers run on Linux?

Yours sincerely,

PS4ark.com

Patch notes can only tell you so much. With a patch this big I'd wait to see how the game actually performs. Generally the bigger the patch, the bigger the potential for new problems 

I host my own server which has been a pain as it is since last week and still now people are unable to connect or even find the server on the server list I mean ANewHope should not be hard to find but it was everytime. I hope though that Ragnarok will be released this week. Did you guys fix the brightness off the sun or no?

• Volunteer Moderator
1 minute ago, jeremyvanmarle said:

How come it is always based on American time and not others? (spelling mistake so had to edit)

Because the majority of the team are based in the US. Therefore no-one expects the team to get up in the middle of the night to post an announcement.

Archived