Update regarding: Ragnarok on Consoles, PS4 Update, Xbox v759.2, PC v263

Jatheish

• Replies 230
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 hours ago, Jat said:

I know the last few weeks have been a little hectic, and we're very grateful to each of you for sticking with us. Soon thereafter we'll be directly addressing the problems that affect the online version of the game with our entire team. Thank you so much for being so patient, and we look forward to providing you all the details of our upcoming battle-plan on Wednesday!

Hopefully the broken tribe system will be addressed. New players are being continuously turned away because the risks of inviting them are just too great. Even in PvE one could just go around and destroy all structures and animals even if they have no access to them once they're invited to a tribe.

I'm betting if that was fixed there'd be a more positive reaction from new players.

I'm waiting on a ETA from phil spencer to send a team of xbox engineers to help yall out or see if we could buy the IP what was the point in comming to E3 stating a july 4 release when yall knew it wasnt ready then stated july 19th release when two day ago yall knew it still wasnt ready and wait to the last min to say something hire some moders or something it shows you guys need some serious help try reaching out to some vet game developers some ark can be a 60$ game and quit firing programmers who actually know your code base 

6 hours ago, Lewiatan said:

People who cannot join the other severs, because they crash all the time... You can thank other players who just post duping methods on youtube and other people who start duping , because others on their servers did that as well. Today I watched video of Jade Plays Games and I couldn't be more pi##ed off when that man read out loud how to dupe easily as "example" of how ciritical this issue is. Sigh... It is soooo wise to show in public duping method considering how severe this issue already is.

And @Jat Let's be honest. You are going to release beta version of the game on the 8th of August for a full tripple-A price. New customers won't be happy to put it mildly. ARK has been in Early Access for more than 2 years and you have not fixed critical issues nor optimisation nor overhaul lackluster taming mechanics, kibble tree that people asked for, nor you improved boss fights nor AI. You've spent 2 years releasing dino/item content patches mostly and you had been ignoring severe issues as long as was possible. You wasted resources on side projects such as SOTF. Now all those bad decisions and mismanagement gets equal with WC. I'm not naive. You will not fix this game within 20 days to justidy 60 euro price. After 2 years I see ARK as wasted potential and mismanaged game development process.  

Damn bruh you got him good lol

12 hours ago, OSGDreamKi11er said:

A lot of us hosting servers are losing people waiting for ragnarok, due to Island map keep crashing, then center issues, it's like you guys have forgot about us completely.

Ragnorok will have the same issues as the island and the center inless they fix the issue before Rag comes out

@Jat Typical shoddy response from a company that just see's dollar signs. These were not ETA's as you have suggested but full on release dates. Also something has to be said for your lack of communication throughout the process, I took a needless day off work around the 4th thinking that for once, for once you might be able to get something done as you have pitched it, I even looked for an eta or something similar. There was none, you only started to call it that when your team failed to put in the necessary overtime  to get it finished. But then again ark is all about the sale really isn't it, I mean screw the customers who prop your game up, its not like they deserve to be kept in the loop right? Nope, cause all the company's concerned with anymore is pumping out that ridiculously priced disc version to boost your margins a little.  There is no way in all holy hell you didn't know there was gonna be a delay until last night. Its all becoming a little bit shallow really. So how about some  info that is actually helpful? How long are we looking at?Why are you insistent on meeting your disc deadline but not Ragnarok? Why have you left it until now to optimize the game instead of optimizing gradually like most other early assess games Iv'e played? And lastly, how do you intend on improving the communications between dev's and the people who pay for their work? Thanks.

Deadline!  poop anyone can answer that for you.

Its called Microsoft the New Xbox is launching and Ark is being bundled with it apparently.

There are share holders who are there to make money.  A Chinese company I do believe and they are pushing a full release.

I don't think Bill is going to want his bright new shinny toy nerfed by a problem plagued game and I don't think the share holders are going to be overtly happy with decreased returns.

There will be other stuff as well and the absolute pressure the developers are on is probably huge.  

They know what they could have done better and when and know perfectly well what they are going to do and what effect it will have, and also when they will tell the community.

SNAFU!

Why did you lot feel it necessary to hype up console players with a new map at e3 then say you'll get it in a couple of weeks. But then release an update that basically made such a mess for a disc version of the game, You know the game many like already as it was. But with the false release dates, a huge 22 GB download that fixed bugs further made it spiral out of control because there were even more bugs in it. Just stop rushing everything think logically and calmly about how to fix the current state of the game. but you cannot do that because of the hyped release date of the entire game that just put stress on to the people who have to actually make it into a reality. The massive amount of media hate I've seen isn't what I want from a game I love playing. But between the actual developers and the community managers (which Jen & Jat are the only one who try) but the communication is just horrible. With all the problems that are going on with the consoles pc is still getting new things too? In whose mind is that ok? Now don't think this is just a hate filled post. I'm just saying slow the hell down and do what you say you're going to do don't just say some hyped up date that is most likely going to be wrong. Hell don't even release the news of something until it is nearly finished unlike ragnorak which finally got its mod developer kit even though it's been released for a while now no one who plays this game wants to just trashtalk the devs but there is no real good thing about the way the the development is atm. With that I say good luck and don't just die in development ark.

17 hours ago, OSGDreamKi11er said:

A lot of us hosting servers are losing people waiting for ragnarok, due to Island map keep crashing, then center issues, it's like you guys have forgot about us completely.

its hard to even get players on my server perfect dino settings and stats boosted 247.. and bam wiped.. twice hole map and now its just disappointing to even play can play pg arks cuz no one can join in.. were lost man

5 hours ago, GreenRoc said:

Jat, there is an issue on singleplayer that I have posted on forums about, waited about a month with no response before I sent in a ticket, and was told to ask the forums. I pinged you in that thread just a few minutes ago. I got the run around from ticket support and am feeling very frustrated about an issue I cannot resolve.

Issue: the singleplayer obelisk, that allows me to move my tames between my single player worlds (as well as move creatures from unofficial into my SP, if the unofficial allow it), it has creatures in it that I cannot download, and because the timer is at --:--:-- They are not going away.

I'd like a delete button for them. I'm at 23/20 of creatures, and I do not know how to get rid of them. Sure I would like to keep them, but at this point, I just want them deleted.

How can I get rid of them?

Wish the Transmitter had a delete button.

Seems like a thing only Wildcard can take care of, unless there is a file I can access and wipe to get rid of this data (which I don't know about, this lack of info is partly why I need help)

why not just use admin commands to bring all your stuff in and around prolly why there not responding

They won't respond because it doesn't affect them.. They are just focused on getting the game out making the $ and thats it. I have 6 friends who have lost there characters now for a week and not even a response and if you notice if you get a response for anything its copied and pasted. What needs to happen is the modders need to stop for a month people need to stop reporting glicthes etc. When they finally realize that the people who play the game are the ones who make the game then it will be too late. So many game companies go down hill but the ones who are up still lsiten they even thank tyhere customers they dont pull bs moves. Even the head of the companies apologize. For every 1 person who quits this game there are 5 more who are suckered into it and its a wheel that goes around and around. It doesnt take 2 seconds to post hey guys this is whats going on and on time like they post. Not spend 2 days giving out differnt times and also saying what you want to hear. Ps4 got screwed on this they werte told how many times Ragnarock be ready , pc users dont have it easy they have had so much downtime and rollback and the answer. 1.5 gathering and exp which has raptor all to do with the dinos they lost. Why do i stay because i know there is some company out there seeing all the mistakes and laughing as they build a game like this knowing all the mistakes they will get a huge group coming to them. I appreciate the game, appreciate the friends i have made i appreciate the content what i dont appreciate is how deep i have to wear my boots because the amount of bs that has been given to us as a customer. This is alpha thats the excuse whats it going to be when same issues same no response when the game goes retail . This is fixable but they just dont care. We are hooked and we will take it... But not for much time. How do you think they find the glitches? we report them how do you think they get new maps? players make them, how do you think new content new dinos etc players make them. Not once has Jeremy ever wrote apology for anything that has happened in the weeks this has started. Bill gates apologize the first 15 minutes after windows made a flaw . Rust, Guild wars 2 producers same thing. All listen and all reward properly. I feel bad for the people paying 66.00 they will come with high hope and will be let down. This game could be one of the top if they just gave a crap...... Keep your chin up ps4,xbox players and pc players......

WC, you are without a doubt, the worst studio I've ever purchased a game from.  You have, over the course of the last 4 months, continuously destroyed your own creation with unnecessary "fixes," changes, and rushed patches.  Everything you do now, seems to have been slapped together as fast as possible.  Your company has become one that consistently over promises and under delivers, ignoring the player base.  They aren't asking for quantity, they want quality.

You are less than a month away from the full release of the game and I still have origami dinos loading in.  I still have dino's falling through the floor.  And xbox still can't adjust bloom quality.  These problems have been around since game launch, but instead, your time was spent putting in stupid needless options (i.e. the little circle that indicates if a skin is equipped to an item or not).    

There are two explanations that exist for these decisions and delays. First:  you are incompetent.  I suspect with your group already in house, you cannot fix the problems within the game further or without creating new ones, and cannot get things out one time because you are understaffed,  overworked or just reached the maximum ability of your employees/designers/engineers.  It's like watching a bunch of college programers with no business background or understanding try to run a tech company.  I visualize your dev team as the guys from Silicon Valley on HBO. Spoiler alert:  There is a reason why they hired Jared in that show.  

But you know what, that's fine.  What's not fine, is rather than hiring on more employees to perform maintenance and fix bugs, monitor reports of violations and glitches, you continue to focus on new content.  Basically, you're focusing on ways to make more money and don't worry about a couple people here or there who aren't taken care of.  

The other option is you simply don't care.  You don't care about the population, you don't care if anything is fixed and you don't care what your product looks like as long as you can make money from it.  I personally believe that pre-ordering and incentivizing people to put money down for video games before the product is polished and ready to be fully released should be illegal.  You hype up a game but retain the right to push back deadlines and alter content whenever you wish.  You sell a product that can be altered at any point in time, and want the money up front for it.  Basically, you market better than you produce at this point.  Your recent decisions and priorities all lead me to believe you really don't care anymore about how your game plays, just how much money you can make from it.  But apparently 2x fixing everything.  

Lastly, I see a lot of people early on in this thread asking for info on server wipes.  It's hilarious to me that the answer is 'we'll keep you posted.'  Listen, you guys are 1 month away from launch (although I wouldn't at all be surprised if you pushed back that date as well).  You already know if you are going to wipe the servers or not.  That's not a conversation you and your team have with less than a week before the game goes live unless you are truly incompetent and inconsiderate.  Not totally out of the question at this point (see above reasons).  

My point is this:

Do the right thing and tell people already if you intend to wipe servers or not.  I get it, if you say you're wiping, a lot of people will quit and that doesn't look so good for the game.  But not announcing it in advance basically means everyone who is grinding in your game that you continue to make grindier and grindier can stop spending hours of their lives in an activity they'll no longer wanna do.  Get it?  If your company decides to wipe, everyday you delay in telling the community literally takes hours away from peoples lives that they could spend doing other things.  Do the right thing, make the hard decision. I personally hope you do wipe so I can start all over again, but just on a single server and only spend a few hours a week messing around and playing with friends casually (currently our tribe is one all three maps for xbox, and the maintenance is a nightmare for our small group).  

For the record, I don't think WC is an evil corporation out to rule the world.  I just think you saw $ signs and you forgot that you're designing a video game.  Everything recently seems to be how to force people to spend more time doing activities.  The grind is not the fun part of the game though for most people.  And I'm not sure if this was the rationalization behind it, but more grinding to get to the finish doesn't necessarily make it more rewarding; rather more exhausting.   Ark is a beautiful concept for a game and that holds a lot of weight, but delivery and execution are not up to par.  If you need help, get it, don't be greedy, hire more people and get help. 

So here's to you WC.  Thanks for your update, whatever it's worth to people.  I really hope you get your act together and figure out a way to work, because if not, you're wasting a beautiful idea.  You'll make a lot more money and have a lot more loyalty if you start to focus on the quality of your product again.   

So, you think that by releasing a free dlc map to players that already have the game is about making money? Selling their game at 66% off for two years before release, mostly to people that offer them no bug reports whatsoever.. is about making money?

Development studios are rarely the ones obssessed with profits, you guys are thinking of publishers.

• Jatheish unfeatured and unpinned this topic

Archived