Update regarding: Ragnarok on Consoles, PS4 Update, Xbox v759.2, PC v263

Jatheish

1 hour ago, JelliedBigfoot said:

Most my friends and any dedicated server communities have all dissolved and now play other games with no intentions of picking up ARK again. It is sad. 

I for one understand the challenges the company is facing however it's the lack of transparency, recurring exploit issues, and poor server connections that have pushed them all away, not the fact that things are delayed. Not to mention some dedicated hosts can't even launch the game!

We all want a good game but let's be clear, there are plenty of good games out there that can be played and enjoyed. This is not the only game on the market and many more will come by the time this is polished, more players will be pulled away by one or more of those games to never return because the game is under construction with no firm ETA for completion, but more so the issues that plague the game continue to be acknowledged but never addressed or resolved.

Transparency goes a long way, hopefully we will get some concrete information from Wildcard on Wednesday on all the bugs and future plans for the game for the remainder of 2017.

I have the exact same problem

• Replies 230
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, LoveLoaf said:

Not to sound like I'm raging. But as someone who has now actually requested off work 3 separate times in hopes of playing Ragnarok, why was it announced at E3 when it was obviously not close to being ready?

Said this is another thread, but I think its clear it was a PR move to drum up interest for the game by using a big stage like E3 to show off a pretty new map. 

I think they had full intention to release Ragnarock on the 4th, but then nothing went right with the updates, forcing it to be abandoned until disc submission was complete....in the grand scheme of things, it's a 40% finished free map that's bugged to death, why not wait until it's in better shape? Remember,  wc isn't developing Ragnarock,  only porting it..

7 hours ago, Jat said:

Yes.

If we have anything to say in regards to a wipe or not a wipe, we'll post about it. 

You guys best get posting.  Better your entire player base knows now if they lose everything then when they get back on launch day. People will be more forgiving about wipe if they realize it's because it was an alpha access game.  And now that it's full release its suiting to wipe.  And as for Ragnarok.  Stop freaking telling us.  Let's us know when it is actually coming out.  We are trYong to keep friends to come back, we are all waiting for it to get a fresh start from and old server turning to crap with people thinking they can tell everyone else how to play.  Also.  I know it's not your responsibility but prim plus needs some more focas.  I know your typical pvp person may not care but show us some love to for a change.

Thanks for the update @Jat

I'm cool if you want to hold Ragnarok till the map is complete. I have mixed feelings about playing on 50% of the map while the rest is still in dev. Don't get me wrong I want to play ASAP, but I want the whole map.

Glad to see some focus on bug fixes over content, as up till now the push has felt like a bunch of rushed content. It would be nice to have a stable server that got more then days to a couple months of play before failing to load.

I have noticed my community numbers dwindling the last couple weeks. Most of these people are pausing playing Ark till Ragnarok. We will be back with the new map, and if you give us backups some of us will be with you, and Ark for as long as we can host servers or until a better dino survival game comes out.

PS. All i want you to add is VR for the XBOX One X. Once you add VR support Ark will be perfect. Unless you want to add digging like in 7D2D. Mining in Ark would be jokes xD

8 hours ago, Jat said:

Hello all,

I just wanted to provide you an update you on what's going on at Wildcard, and how things are going to be over the next few days. We've entered our final sprint to wrap up the game for console "retail disc" certification submission, and once that is done we will be refocusing our development efforts on the live game, this will include a lot of networking changes to resolve the issues with DDoS and a lot of focus on server stability to get rid of those nasty dupers. Unfortunately, the submission process took longer than we had initially planned and required everyone at Wildcard burning the midnight oil to get things ready -- we're just about done with that process now, and so onto the reason you clicked on this thread:

---

Ragnarok Delay on Consoles

I hate to be the bearer of bad news and especially when it's as disappointing as this, but Ragnarok will not be releasing on the 19th of July. I know a lot of you guys have been waiting a long time for it and we're incredibly sorry. We tried very hard to meet the deadline, but as of where we stand now with the focus over the past 2 weeks of preparing for "certification", we know we're not able to. It's frustrating, and we know we've already missed 2 ETAs for the map but afraid it's looking like it will still be a while out. I will be posting an announcement on Wednesday, sharing the new release date we have planned, as well as a full "state of the game" overview that will go into some detail about our plans for the next month. That'll happen once we've wrapped up our submission (which is essentially consuming Tuesday), and can sit down together to have a chat.

Where is the PS4 update?

The PS4 update will definitely be coming this week, as we'll be submitting our console certs this week. We should wrap up Xbox today, and then we'll be helping out Abstraction as much as we can to bring the PS4 up to spec! It's been a long wait, and this is going to be a very big patch, but there will be a lot of improvements, especially to dashboarding as our new memory-management system comes in place. It's difficult to give a precise date for when it'll drop, as it'll be based on when we submit and how we wrap it up, but we're expecting somewhere between Wednesday and Friday. If that changes, we'll, of course, let you know, but we'll be doing our best alongside Abstraction to meet it.

Xbox Update v759.2

We've just pushed a small Xbox Update to Microsoft which will contain fixes for the LB+Button Combo Issue, the No Dino AI on PvE and ORP servers, The ARK Data Folder Toggle issue, as well as a problem with translations (where many localisations were not appearing). It's currently in certification and we're hoping they will be able to push it out today. It is just a client-side update, so there will be no need to redeploy official servers, however, if you've got auto-update on, please be cautious as your Xbox may automatically start downloading the patch! I'll keep you posted via the patch notes and social media when we've received confirmation about whether the patch will be available today (Monday).

PC Update v263

Our plan is to deploy a PC build in a few hours today, it is close to our near-submission build for console and it would be great to get a lot of feedback regarding the Single Player Experience  in particular (using Single Player Settings check box) -- since that is what we'll shortly be pressing onto discs for permanent physical posterity. We've made a lot of adjustment to the bosses, as well how the game is played in SP, how it runs; so if you're able to provide us feedback on this build or any issues you find, it'll be great as it'll be near enough the one we'll be submitting for retail disc.

----

I know the last few weeks have been a little hectic, and we're very grateful to each of you for sticking with us. Soon thereafter we'll be directly addressing the problems that affect the online version of the game with our entire team. Thank you so much for being so patient, and we look forward to providing you all the details of our upcoming battle-plan on Wednesday!

Alot of people have been losing characters recently. Big issue for our tribe since we transfer alot. What is the update on this? Fix coming soon?

you really think people will come back for launch knowing they wiped everything? its the opposite no one is going to spend a fraction to what they have to get tech gear or even get to where they are now even the levels. Deleted the low number servers and add new ones that is a solution this copany keeps doing the oppsite they are not listening to the players they are doing what they feel is right. They may be incharge but they dont spend and 15-20 hours a day playing the game. Making a game and playing it is two differnt things. They have not even tried fixing the amount of bugs in the last month as they have in 2 years. This game is amazing content good people challenging but then there is going into DILO mode. Making bosses you cant beat even the alpha tribes are losing dinos after todays patch its as soon as they know somehting can be beat they break it. But they want people to get tek gear etc well it would be nice if you had a freaking chance to get the stuff to even do it. Changing the map etc understandable adding on apoopload of damage and hp to bosses you cant even dent is pure bs. Wipe the official servers your game will die people dont want to go through all the hardships and changes we have occurred and yes it may be alpha but if so show me a alpha gam,e that u pay for dl content. The day they did that it should have been taken off a beta. I have a ps4 and i feel bad for the ps4 players they are getting the crap end of the stick and Jeremey doesnt seem to care hey lets put it off again and again lets show them the map to keep them foaming at the mouth . @jat why dont you respond to people asking the serious questions instead of avoiding them if you dont know tell us. LOts of people have lost there characters and not even a peep. Now @arkjeremy i dont find it funny wanting to wipe there are more solutions if you listen to the vet players of this game listen to your community just for once. How many people did you lose nerfing fliers? then you state certain bugs are fixed  dinos still spawn in peoples housing people are still duping on ragnarock , bosses again are impossible. Alot of us have some hope in this game because we remeber watching on twitch the compassion but has it all been thrown out the window now . We all know this game will be release in august and all hell will break loose.

Simply put your ruining a great game that has great potential one of the few that can give older games a run for the money if you just listened or had a open mind to the people playing.

Just tried Manticore,Dragon and Broodmother Medium.

All rexs had mc saddles +82 armor 25k health 500+ melee

Manticore Failed 10 rexs died in 3 minutes

Broodmother Failed 15 rexs died then we did sorry cant give time frame but didnt even make a dent in her hp.

Dragon we all died within 3 minutes ..

When they said they were raising the hp and damage they made these into superbosses.

Can I just say the fact that anyone is mad about delays does convey an actual passion for the game. I understand the frustration, it gets me too...but these guys are human. And they are moving a lot faster than I think they anticipated. And hey, it's still a preview title...and we all agreed to what that meant a long time ago. At least they keep us updated..

Singleplayer here... In regards to checkboxes, please please PLEASE add separate dino food drain for wilds and tames. I've posted a lot about getting this config separated. This is a MUST. I want my dinos to eat NOTHING, but want wilds to still eat so I can tame them. Current config options wont work like that, because fooddrain for wild and tames is in one config. Please make it two.

Also, Stamina drain set to 0.0 for dinos needs to work the same as player stamina 0.0, where holding shift doesnt consume stamina. Would be nice if jumping and punching and biting with stamina at 0.0 would also NOT consume stamina. Some of us who play singleplayer want our game to be incredibly easy (without using console commands each time we log in)! Make it possible.

Also, if we use console commands, please make the option to make the commands still active between play sessions, so we dont have to type in the same command each time we log into our game.

leavemealone is one of my fav console commands that i wish would be active when I log in. Hate logging into my SP to have things chewing on me.

Also want leavemealone to apply to my dinos when I am riding them and using that command, and have that command stick on my dino even after I dismount, and log out. Same with other commands when I use them on the dino (except maybe ghost, that can have a lot of negative effects if that command stays on the dino).

Maybe add checkboxes for many of the console commands, have them available for both player and dino, so then before we log into the game, we could have leavemealone checked or something.

I understand a lot of singleplayer commands also function for unofficial servers. I would like the ability to give all of my server residents and dinos the leavemealone effect, as I dont want them to have access to console commands (someone would go overboard if I let him have access to console).

If seperate dino food consumption cannot happen, how about a config to set a true/false for tame dinos to consume no food. The unofficial server I am owner of, continues to be offline right now because we cant keep up with feeding. I'd bring it back online for our residents if we could turn off our tames food consumption (without sacrificing the ability to tame more). We are unable to keep up with feeding due to residents schedules, and we hate our dinos starving to death every week.

Also, in the UI for Host/local, can we have folders for different sets/collections of mods (like modpacks), so we can have different sets of mods for the different worlds we have? As well as a button to have a mod move up or down our list (or the ability to drag a mod by holding the cursor on it). One of the mods I want at the top of the list, is a mod I do not want on another map, but I have to leave it there (or not use it at all) because of how long it takes to remove/add ALL the mods that are under that mod.

Also, an unlock to flier speed cap. Yes, yes, I know there is a mod out there called "Classic Flyers" but it is not 100 perfect, because "overspawn" is an issue. Unlock the flyer cap option. Some of us on Single player want to have our epicly fast flyers, and what bad is there if we have it for our personal entertainment... please add this feature.

I probably have a lot of other single player features I like tweaked/added, but I cant think of them when I initially typed this post.

The most important one to me, is separate tame/wild food consumption.

Edit to add more features I wish for:
- A checkbox to remove the display of "Level-up is available"
- A checkbox to disable Raw Meat consumption delay
- Ability to adjust damage from Wild's Ranged/AoE attacks (DinoDamageMultiplier=0.0 currently doesn't work to disable ranged/AoE damage sources)
- Checkbox to disable damage from weather effects
- Checkbox to disable damage from drowning
- Checkbox to disable all negative effects from wilds (stun, poison, blindness, slowness, dismounting effects, etc)

9 hours ago, Jat said:

Soon thereafter we'll be directly addressing the problems that affect the online version of the game with our entire team. Thank you so much for being so patient

Thank you so much Jat. I love the Ragnarok map, and been sticking with it, regardless of the frustrations, 'groundhog day', and all that jazz (I almost quit Rag), because I trust you folks will eventually fix the lag/crash issues. This game is too damn beautiful to give up.

• Jatheish unfeatured and unpinned this topic

Archived