Update regarding: Ragnarok on Consoles, PS4 Update, Xbox v759.2, PC v263

Jatheish

12 minutes ago, Ulta said:

@Jat Thanks for the update Jat! Don't worry about those of us here who are complaining still...at this point they refuse to be happy about anything concerning the game and that isn't WC's fault.

Looking forward to what this next announcement will entitle. Certainly curious to see the plans for the 'online experience' portion of ARK. Might not hear everything we wanna hear, but it's something, and communication from you guys is really the biggest step you guys can take with your customers. One less thing they can hang over your head in these final EA days.

I guess everyone just needs to be vent :D If anyone really thinks all of their off topic questions and complaints are going to be read by WC or acted on in any way, they are completely delusional.

The place for questions about wipes, bugs, and other topics other than the XBox and PS4 update of ragnarok is to start or find a thread related to those topics. For instance the wipe thread has been started and locked probably 10 or more times. Pointless to bring it up in this thread.

From this announcement about the ragnarok delay, it is obvious WC took on more than they could handle. I hope they can get a handle on what is reasonable to accomplish and what they would like to accomplish. At the moment, they seem to be attempting to accomplish way more than is reasonable. This keeps leading to their wildly inaccurate ETAs and delays getting this game to release.

• Replies 230
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 minutes ago, bjornmerkx said:

I'm done with this game have been waiting for ragnarok for over a month. We wiped our server cause ragnarok was going to release and we all want a fresh start on the new map.

Wildcard needs to do a better job than this.

Yup. I feel you.

Our player dedicated save got corrupted in the last update & got wiped. Almost everyone left, but a couple were hanging around waiting for Ragnarok to launch.

Now?

Not so sure.

4 hours ago, Jat said:

We're currently still iterating on this. 

What does that mean? What's the timeline? There's tons of people who either cant host their server that has weeks of work on it (like myself) and tons who also can't play on their own, or other peoples' dedicateds (also like myself and everyone who play on my server.) This issue removes half of the playable game. I'd just like some more info. This isn't the first time PDS's haven't been able to start. 

9 minutes ago, bjornmerkx said:

I'm done with this game have been waiting for ragnarok for over a month. We wiped our server cause ragnarok was going to release and we all want a fresh start on the new map.

Why would you wipe your server purposely?  you could easily just continue until the new map comes and then switch over. 

Wildcard will wipe your server eventually anyways. 

1 minute ago, bjornmerkx said:

Most my friends and any dedicated server communities have all dissolved and now play other games with no intentions of picking up ARK again. It is sad. 

I for one understand the challenges the company is facing however it's the lack of transparency, recurring exploit issues, and poor server connections that have pushed them all away, not the fact that things are delayed. Not to mention some dedicated hosts can't even launch the game!

We all want a good game but let's be clear, there are plenty of good games out there that can be played and enjoyed. This is not the only game on the market and many more will come by the time this is polished, more players will be pulled away by one or more of those games to never return because the game is under construction with no firm ETA for completion, but more so the issues that plague the game continue to be acknowledged but never addressed or resolved.

Transparency goes a long way, hopefully we will get some concrete information from Wildcard on Wednesday on all the bugs and future plans for the game for the remainder of 2017.

2 minutes ago, AHobo57 said:

What does that mean? What's the timeline? There's tons of people who either cant host their server that has weeks of work on it (like myself) and tons who also can't play on their own, or other peoples' dedicateds (also like myself and everyone who play on my server.) This issue removes half of the playable game. I'd just like some more info. This isn't the first time PDS's haven't been able to start. 

Dedicated save files becoming corrupt has been an issue since launch. I'm not sure what's going on with it. Either they can't fix it and never will or they just now decided to take a look at them. 

"Additional damage and health adjustments to the Dragon, Megapithecus, and TheCenter bosses."

In addition to the crazy buffs they just received? So even more buffs? Or will it be nerfs to fix the slaughterhouses the arenas have become? The wording is a bit ambiguous.

I wonder if there will be a tribe system overhaul in a future patch so all of us who are hoping for one can finally start recruiting new players. Nothing mentioned in the notes for 263 that I saw.

18 minutes ago, JelliedBigfoot said:

Most my friends and any dedicated server communities have all dissolved and now play other games with no intentions of picking up ARK again. It is sad. 

I for one understand the challenges the company is facing however it's the lack of transparency, recurring exploit issues, and poor server connections that have pushed them all away, not the fact that things are delayed. Not to mention some dedicated hosts can't even launch the game!

We all want a good game but let's be clear, there are plenty of good games out there that can be played and enjoyed. This is not the only game on the market and many more will come by the time this is polished, more players will be pulled away by one or more of those games to never return because the game is under construction with no firm ETA for completion, but more so the issues that plague the game continue to be acknowledged but never addressed or resolved.

Transparency goes a long way, hopefully we will get some concrete information from Wildcard on Wednesday on all the bugs and future plans for the game for the remainder of 2017.

Tbh I think it's too much transparency. Ragnarok should have been complete before they ever mentioned it; then, "We're dropping a big patch containing a new map today."

2 minutes ago, VerusNorth said:

Tbh I think it's too much transparency. Ragnarok should have been complete before they ever mentioned it; then, "We're dropping a big patch containing a new map today."

Seems more to me like they just have too much on their plate with all of the errors the keep cropping up. They either need more people or need to put all new content on hold. I will personally prefer they put new content on hold until they get a grip on their game. The player dedicated server issues have been continuous and persistent. Now there's some big issues on Official Servers as well. And in addition to actual game bugs, new game mechanics have been introduced that have made it incredibly difficult if you're not in a huge tribe (ie: Item transfers and player transfers making it incredibly easy for single players to troll on any server and for mega tribes to wipe entire servers).

34 minutes ago, Rickyh24 said:

Dedicated save files becoming corrupt has been an issue since launch. I'm not sure what's going on with it. Either they can't fix it and never will or they just now decided to take a look at them. 

Trust me I know. I've played this game since the first month and have been hosting dedicated servers for about a year but a server never makes it that long. It seems like you can make it a 1-3 months before all work gets wiped.

4 hours ago, DoJoStarfox said:

How dare you miss an estimated time of arrival for the release of your free dlc. The nerve of some people..

July 4th wasnt an ETA. It was the official release date pal. 2 weeks later we're still waiting so get off your high horse if people take issue with the constant failure to meet target dates when we're already annoyed by disconnects duping and bugs.

The nerve of these apologists who throw mud at anyone expressing their discontent with the state of a game that goes gold tomorrow. 

People who cannot join the other severs, because they crash all the time... You can thank other players who just post duping methods on youtube and other people who start duping , because others on their servers did that as well. Today I watched video of Jade Plays Games and I couldn't be more pi##ed off when that man read out loud how to dupe easily as "example" of how ciritical this issue is. Sigh... It is soooo wise to show in public duping method considering how severe this issue already is.

And @Jat Let's be honest. You are going to release beta version of the game on the 8th of August for a full tripple-A price. New customers won't be happy to put it mildly. ARK has been in Early Access for more than 2 years and you have not fixed critical issues nor optimisation nor overhaul lackluster taming mechanics, kibble tree that people asked for, nor you improved boss fights nor AI. You've spent 2 years releasing dino/item content patches mostly and you had been ignoring severe issues as long as was possible. You wasted resources on side projects such as SOTF. Now all those bad decisions and mismanagement gets equal with WC. I'm not naive. You will not fix this game within 20 days to justidy 60 euro price. After 2 years I see ARK as wasted potential and mismanaged game development process.  

2 hours ago, Lotus2017 said:

I bet that most of the people here have no idea what it takes to develop a game for 3 gaming platforms (Neither do I ) But I do know that it isn't as easy as you all believe it to be. Do you really think that being angry at the team will make the progress go faster? Believe me, the team KNOWS they are letting people down and they don't like it to announce things like a delay or technical difficulties. 

I understand that people are looking forward to something new but when you are bored with the game just play something else while you are waiting for updates and new maps to arrive. I think they ever should have planned Rag so close to the official release date because they could have known that would take a lot of work. 

@Jat I think it is wise to not give an ETA on Rag anymore. People will see when it gets there when it gets there. Maybe you could say a month, just like you did with the PS4 update, July but not a specific day anymore.

You're right most people don't know what it takes to release a game on 3 platforms at once... But you would think that Wild Card would know by now and they would know not to tell us a date they couldn't achieve. I wish I could believe they feel bad, or believed they think they did something wrong by promising something they didn't deliver.... Except it happens so often it's hard to have confidence in them. It feels like empty platitudes at this point and maybe they do it because they're confident they can get away with it, it's gotten them this far after all.

I do believe this all came from them setting unrealistic expectations and that they need to just stop giving ETAs until they have something actually in hand. We're mad because they tell us a time amd them they miss it. When they do meet their timetables it breaks something because they were in a rush. Give us a real timetable or nothing at all. The furor is from empty promises

3 minutes ago, SirLohengrin said:

You're right most people don't know what it takes to release a game on 3 olaforma at once... But you would think the at Wild Card would know by now and they would know not to tell us a date they couldn't achieve. I wish I could believe they feel bad, or believed they think they did something wrong by promising something they didn't deliver.... Except it happens so often it's hard to have confidence in them. It feels like empty platitudes at this point and maybe they do it because they're confident they can get away with it, it's gotten them this far after all.

I do believe this all came from them setting unrealistic expectations and that they need to just stop giving ETAs until they have something actually in hand. We're mad because they tell us a time amd them they miss it. When they do meet their timetables it breaks something because they were in a rush. Give us a real timetable or nothing at all. The furor is from empty promises

I bet most people cant dunk a basketball like Lebron James either, but guess what, if Lebron starts sucking at his job he gets held accountable too.

@Jat Hello, long time player, first time poster. Me and my tribe got together because we heard that Ragnarok is coming out. While we are disappointing it will not be coming as soon as we would like, it is good to hear that you are taking your time so we don't all lose all of our progress due to some glitches. However, I was wondering if when Ragnarok does come out they will have isolated servers like they did on PC. Me and my tribe really are looking forward to a fresh start where we don't have to compete with all the tribes that have been finding interesting ways of saying duplication in global chat over the past few months. We would just like to know so we can plan our next few weeks accordingly. Thanks for the update,

Thor

• Jatheish unfeatured and unpinned this topic

Archived