Update regarding: Ragnarok on Consoles, PS4 Update, Xbox v759.2, PC v263

Jatheish

• Replies 230
  • Created
  • Last Reply
44 minutes ago, Lucifina said:

Can't wait to see the result of their "plan" on Wednesday. Chaos and bad reviews are coming hope they stick to what they promised... also hope they can actually fix all the problems over the next 3 weeks but looking at the overall past it doesn't look good for the game. I know it's early release but 3 weeks is the end of that 2 year crutch I hope they are ready

Wow really? The guy was just trying to vent. This could be the worst flaming I have seen on this forum.

some people just aren't happy with the communication. I defend the devs too but Jesus Christ.

I know I will probably get blasted like most of the other posts defending the Dev team, but oh well.  As someone mentioned it is a difficult task developing a game of this complexity, let alone developing it for multiple platforms at the some time.  Each platform has its own issues and controls that have to be taken into consideration and development to make the game as consistent as possible across all platforms.  I have been playing this game since two months after the BETA release came out, have jumped many servers trying to find the group of people that would make playing this game more enjoyable, I have played as a solo player and in a tribe.  We found each other and work very well together which makes the game fun on another level other than solo.  I am not a dev, however; i have been in the computer field for 15+ years and I know when you are working with Microsoft (from experience) ETA's get pushed all the time, it is the nature of the beast.  I hate to keep saying this as probably as much as others, you bought into a BETA Pre-release game.  Which means things are going to happen that is unforeseen and sometimes impossible to know what is going to happen.  Again when it comes to ETA, I think of my drive home from work "Honey just left work should be home in about 45 min.  Oh crap there is traffic make that an hour, d*mn *t there is an accident, make it an hour and 30 min.  Oh I will try and go a different direction, nope made it longer.  Sorry honey I will be home when I get home."  Sometimes delays are not the Devs fault they have to go through a venting process with Microsoft and they may deny the update or ask for some additional items to be in place, not the devs fault.  As to wiping the servers, I really hope there is another plan other than wipe to deal with those that cheated us all not just the game.  But what ever the devs decide they HAVE to do to balance the game, I can understand.  I may not like it but I get it.

40 minutes ago, ohokay said:

Please stop hyping up your player base just for this to continue to happen.

Since July 4th so many have came to me and said that they would quit the game if rag didn't come out, have you guys forgotten about that side of the player base? The side that has been there since day one, l longing for something new? I feel bad for them, but I'm reaching their point. Played center for awhile, then scorched loved it yep now onto island.. Same ol same.. This game is no longer worth playing on console. I can forgive you guys for murdering my babies, letting my eggs fall through the world and the servers I play on reach 255 ping until I'm losing items and literally watching the timers go down with nothing I could do. But man,  if you aren't f**ked by someone ON ark the devs got you covered! I wish you guys would be doing some sort of ultra event to accommodate for the second push back of the map, the first murdering baby event and then the update this weekend that caused people to lose their babies. Let's not start on wyveren batches. ( thanks by the way, you guys made sure those were sure off the market for awhile! :| ) 

To the official players who put their time & effort into this game, who has nonstop traded for materials for Rag, I feel bad for you, Your first batch of babies had to die, you got all the materials you needed still and no map. :( We have all worked so hard in game to get what we need or want for rag..I'm sure a lot has even got a second set of tames specially for rag.. 

And for us dedicated hosts, I know we are losing our own server player base, I know we feel as though we're in the dark. I know it's hard to deal with frustrated players who just want to play your server. Keep calm and remind them to be patient. This is out of our hands. if they can't understand that then they aren't someone you want to keep on your server anyways. I hope we are all able to enjoy our servers again the way they're meant to be played very soon. :(:(

That's the main reason I am only going to an isolated rag server. Not gonna deal with the instant lag that people will bring with all the stuff they "saved up" for(duped).

yes I was really looking forward to ragnarok as well but there is a problem when people currently play for something that might be coming. How are people having fun if all they are doing is looking towards the newest thing?

36 minutes ago, Lotus2017 said:

I bet that most of the people here have no idea what it takes to develop a game for 3 gaming platforms (Neither do I ) But I do know that it isn't as easy as you all believe it to be. Do you really think that being angry at the team will make the progress go faster? Believe me, the team KNOWS they are letting people down and they don't like it to announce things like a delay or technical difficulties. 

I understand that people are looking forward to something new but when you are bored with the game just play something else while you are waiting for updates and new maps to arrive. I think they ever should have planned Rag so close to the official release date because they could have known that would take a lot of work. 

@Jat I think it is wise to not give an ETA on Rag anymore. People will see when it gets there when it gets there. Maybe you could say a month, just like you did with the PS4 update, July but not a specific day anymore.

They shouldn't be making big e3 announcements. They hype stuff to generate sales and this constantly happens.  

Ok, this is starting to get irritating. Come one, there's no way you're just now knowing that it was going to be delayed, especially since it seems its going to be another huge one, as you didn't even give a rough estimate how far it was put back.

And put this on the front page of survive the ark, instead of burying it down so people aren't left wondering on the day of the supposed launch what the hell happened to the map. You seriously need to get better at PR

3 minutes ago, Rickyh24 said:

They shouldn't be making big e3 announcements. They hype stuff to generate sales and this constantly happens.  

Exactly this! The original release date for Ragnarok on consoles wasn't an ETA, but an announced date. Even look at their announcement in the announcements section. They announced that Ragnarok was to be released immediately on Steam for PC and would be available July 4th on console. Nowhere there did it mention an ETA, it was a fixed date (announced with the fixed date for the official release of the game). It's like they dangle a carrot in front of our mouths and then yank it away at the last minute. I knew with the way they were pushing out last minute updates for PC and Xbox that there was no way they would have time to get Ragnarok ready for Console. I was hopeful that we would still get it for the 19th but I didn't see it happening. If WC can't deliver on it's big announcements, maybe they should hold off on making those announcements until they are sure that they can be ready. 

Despite the many problems, its obvious these guys are working really hard, wouldn't hurt to cut them a little slack, as frustrating as it can be when you've poured thousands of hours into a game and you're losing your progress due to server outages and bugs. At the end of the day this is a pretty small studio working on a hugely ambitious game, i get as frustrated as anyone and i've lost a lot to the recent updates/outages but still, we appreciate the hard work guys, keep it up.

try sorting out the game for the players who bought it first before going to disc im on ps4 and it seems like you don't care ive told all people I know on ps4 don't buy this game and in turn they have told there friends lost sales before you start with disc version and now no dlc what a joke wild card are wish I had read how you treat people before I bought the game

a very unhappy ps4 player

3 hours ago, iDizzy81 said:

Why not push for Rangnarok to be pushed out at the official release of the game? To me it only makes sense. Gives everyone more of an incentive to hop back on when everything is going full throttle.

They do this so we can play the game and can find bugs and things that need fixing before they release the full game

@Jat Thanks for the update Jat! Don't worry about those of us here who are complaining still...at this point they refuse to be happy about anything concerning the game and that isn't WC's fault.

Looking forward to what this next announcement will entitle. Certainly curious to see the plans for the 'online experience' portion of ARK. Might not hear everything we wanna hear, but it's something, and communication from you guys is really the biggest step you guys can take with your customers. One less thing they can hang over your head in these final EA days.

• Jatheish unfeatured and unpinned this topic

Archived