Update regarding: Ragnarok on Consoles, PS4 Update, Xbox v759.2, PC v263

Jatheish

• Replies 230
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@Jat I would seriously love some serious optimizations added to the game, the things on Little Further Out. The servers have also been very unforgiving. Dupers crashing them, ddos'ing ruining them. Ddosing has become the best defense when a mega tribe is being raided by another mega tribe. Babies, Rexs, Brontos, Gigas have a glitching box around them as if they've already fully grown and you're running into their body... when it reality they're still the size of a large dog and your path is clear. Maybe a way to toggle only certain skins to pop up in your inventory? Prevent your skins from adding another set when you transfer to another server. Very large explosion cause hard crashes for many players. Pressing Backspace to toggle and untoggle dino names in large pens full of dinos increases fps by 15-30 fps. If there's a way you could optimize that as well, that'd be awesome. The Flamethrower's flame causes a crazy amount of fps drops. Large tribes still have those super dinos from Zane spawning them... Diluted.. but still op. Where they kept the HP and Melee the rest of the stats are much lower which reduces its birth level and flew right past the cap yall put on it. You've got long time legit players that dedicate thousands of hours a week between all of the members.. grinding and what have you. While dupers replicate what you have in a day or two... and wipe you off the face of ark because they can... and because they're not being stopped. Those are just a few issues I've come across and that are bringing the game down a bit. There are no doubt more that I am missing, as well as some I can't think of right now. Love the game

I was just coming in to look for this info.  Thanks for the update.  Now I know I have more time to get everything set up and ready to roll on the dedicated server before Ragnarock gets released.  And I have a few more days with the long tether on our Multiplayer Game on PS4.  Kinda happy about that.

Looking forward to seeing the patch roll out and see some glitches get fixed.  The patch notes are so long st this point it's almost hard to understand what changes are happening and how they will change gameplay.

39 minutes ago, Jat said:

I cannot even believe this is the second time you guys have missed an eta by about a month. First it was SE and now this. I stayed quiet for the first two delays of this update, but this will be your third delay of this map. You dont communicate with fans until the last minute which is a huge mistake. You are losing fans and you cant seem to fix your problems. I have been waiting to launch my Ragnarok server for a month now. this is absolutely ridiculous.

I am on a server that has Ragnarok running and so far it has been a good experience.  I have issues of the memory leaks.  I slow this down by launching in low memory mode but I have to scale down graphics as well.  Before anyone says I just need more ram I run an I7 8-core processor with 16Gb of ram and a GTX 1060 6Gb.  I start off with 12Gb of ram free but after a few hours I am down to only 500Mb of free ram in my system.  As I said earlier if I run low memory mode the memory leak is stable but it makes me tone down my graphics.

I love this game and love the mods people make for it it is just a few issues here and there such as the memory leak that hinders my interactions with the game.

To those who are whining about the delay and certain bugs not being fixed yet, why don't you make a game like Ark and see how that turns out.

Ark is a very complex game with tons of mechanics working together, most open world games are, but if you can do better then show us.

Maybe you can ask Wildcard to make a special bug free version of Ark yesterday only for you because you're such a snowflake.

WC could choose to not talk about any release date at all, it would certainly spare them the current complaints but it would open up a whole other saltmine altogether.

Another week or two or even a month with a much more stable version as result is much more preferable then a buggy, glitchy release on July 19th.

I wish WC all the best and a great official release of this magnificent game.

1 minute ago, Dutchman141 said:

To those who are whining about the delay and certain bugs not being fixed yet, why don't you make a game like Ark and see how that turns out.

Ark is a very complex game with tons of mechanics working together, most open world games are, but if you can do better then show us.

Maybe you can ask Wildcard to make a special bug free version of Ark yesterday only for you because you're such a snowflake.

WC could choose to not talk about any release date at all, it would certainly spare them the current complaints but it would open up a whole other saltmine altogether.

Another week or two or even a month with a much more stable version as result is much more preferable then a buggy, glitchy release on July 19th.

I wish WC all the best and a great official release of this magnificent game.

The issue is pretty simple man. People are rightfully angry due to poor communication from the devs. They announce things and never meet ETAs I get that it not easy to make a game like this, but its also not easy to stand by a group of people who consistently make false promises.

2 minutes ago, GiggleSnarf said:

The issue is pretty simple man. People are rightfully angry due to poor communication from the devs. They announce things and never meet ETAs I get that it not easy to make a game like this, but its also not easy to stand by a group of people who consistently make false promises.

I can see the argument from both sides

I commend the Devs from learning not to release broken updates but they do need to ensure there is a live feed given constantly and perhaps a reason behind why.

but I am glad we wont be given anything broken, the game seems to be running better since yesterdays update, I don't want something that will set back 10 steps

2 minutes ago, DoJoStarfox said:

How dare you miss an estimated time of arrival for the release of your free dlc. The nerve of some people..

For the majority of us who are mad, It has nothing to do with the DLC itself. The company has made some very questionable decisions this past month. Not to mention they have perpetuated their habit of announcing a release date. Yes I said release date, because the trailer said July 4th without ETA anywhere in there. People are mad because it shows that they cant handle this game and that they havent improved as a team when it comes to releasing planned content. It doesnt bode well for full release. 

Thanks guys won my bet with tribe members for the second time now. Told them there was no way you would release on time on anything and not to look for Rag till after Aug. 8th if ever. Curious what the patch is going to look at for those buying game from disc since this version is the being copied to disc. Think you guys set a final release date a little too soon hate to take the early release crutch away from ya.

• Jatheish unfeatured and unpinned this topic

Archived