Update regarding: Ragnarok on Consoles, PS4 Update, Xbox v759.2, PC v263

Jatheish

• Administrator

Hello all,

I just wanted to provide you an update you on what's going on at Wildcard, and how things are going to be over the next few days. We've entered our final sprint to wrap up the game for console "retail disc" certification submission, and once that is done we will be refocusing our development efforts on the live game, this will include a lot of networking changes to resolve the issues with DDoS and a lot of focus on server stability to get rid of those nasty dupers. Unfortunately, the submission process took longer than we had initially planned and required everyone at Wildcard burning the midnight oil to get things ready -- we're just about done with that process now, and so onto the reason you clicked on this thread:

---

Ragnarok Delay on Consoles

I hate to be the bearer of bad news and especially when it's as disappointing as this, but Ragnarok will not be releasing on the 19th of July. I know a lot of you guys have been waiting a long time for it and we're incredibly sorry. We tried very hard to meet the deadline, but as of where we stand now with the focus over the past 2 weeks of preparing for "certification", we know we're not able to. It's frustrating, and we know we've already missed 2 ETAs for the map but afraid it's looking like it will still be a while out. I will be posting an announcement on Wednesday, sharing the new release date we have planned, as well as a full "state of the game" overview that will go into some detail about our plans for the next month. That'll happen once we've wrapped up our submission (which is essentially consuming Tuesday), and can sit down together to have a chat.

Where is the PS4 update?

The PS4 update will definitely be coming this week, as we'll be submitting our console certs this week. We should wrap up Xbox today, and then we'll be helping out Abstraction as much as we can to bring the PS4 up to spec! It's been a long wait, and this is going to be a very big patch, but there will be a lot of improvements, especially to dashboarding as our new memory-management system comes in place. It's difficult to give a precise date for when it'll drop, as it'll be based on when we submit and how we wrap it up, but we're expecting somewhere between Wednesday and Friday. If that changes, we'll, of course, let you know, but we'll be doing our best alongside Abstraction to meet it.

Xbox Update v759.2

We've just pushed a small Xbox Update to Microsoft which will contain fixes for the LB+Button Combo Issue, the No Dino AI on PvE and ORP servers, The ARK Data Folder Toggle issue, as well as a problem with translations (where many localisations were not appearing). It's currently in certification and we're hoping they will be able to push it out today. It is just a client-side update, so there will be no need to redeploy official servers, however, if you've got auto-update on, please be cautious as your Xbox may automatically start downloading the patch! I'll keep you posted via the patch notes and social media when we've received confirmation about whether the patch will be available today (Monday).

PC Update v263

Our plan is to deploy a PC build in a few hours today, it is close to our near-submission build for console and it would be great to get a lot of feedback regarding the Single Player Experience  in particular (using Single Player Settings check box) -- since that is what we'll shortly be pressing onto discs for permanent physical posterity. We've made a lot of adjustment to the bosses, as well how the game is played in SP, how it runs; so if you're able to provide us feedback on this build or any issues you find, it'll be great as it'll be near enough the one we'll be submitting for retail disc.

----

I know the last few weeks have been a little hectic, and we're very grateful to each of you for sticking with us. Soon thereafter we'll be directly addressing the problems that affect the online version of the game with our entire team. Thank you so much for being so patient, and we look forward to providing you all the details of our upcoming battle-plan on Wednesday!

• Replies 230
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@Jat Really appreciate the update and communication! Wondering what's going on for too long makes one get a little crazy. I enjoy knowing whats going on, why things are like they are is much better than not knowing. Completely okay with a delay if it's warranted and I for one would rather a working update than a broken one.

• Administrator
1 minute ago, Shave said:

By bringing PS4 up to spec do you mean it'll be on par with Xbox?

Yes.

2 minutes ago, IrishEvilMonkey said:

Is the plan still for no wipe? With all the duping going on, I'm not sure how you can expect the need players buying the disk to ever complete online. 

If we have anything to say in regards to a wipe or not a wipe, we'll post about it. 

• Administrator
Just now, JSacra said:

@Jat so does this mean you will actually get the Ragnarok servers up so we can play on them? There are multiple threads about servers being down for days with no response from anyone on your team.

I'll have an engineer check them out when they're available, currently, power napping at the mo and I'm about to get to work on the final build too.

Just now, Jat said:

I'll have an engineer check them out when they're available, currently, power napping at the mo and I'm about to get to work on the final build too.

Thank you! All it takes is a response like that to keep the majority of us happy. It is when there are posts that go without any input at all that makes us upset. You are allowed a 1 hour power nap before I complain further. :-)

Will a dev kit be released any time soon?  There are quite a few mods that are broken and can't be updated until this happens.  Jeremy said the 12th - that didn't happen.  I heard the 19th - I doubt that will happen.  Most of the time questions about the dev kit are just ignored.  So I really won't be surprised if this one is.

• Jatheish unfeatured and unpinned this topic

Archived