Upcoming v263.0 Ghillie Suit now only has 70 base durability rather than 120

SingleSidedPCB

just....Why?

Ghillie is the only armor that requires a resource that spoils to craft and repair..

Its also the clear choice for hot environments where there is no source of that resource (lava caves on island and center, swamp cave on island).

Also its cold environment counterpart, fur armor, has the same base durability of 120..is it next on the nerfing block?

Since fur is heavy and requires a smithy to be repaired i sure hope not..

If your going to nerf ghillie durability, there should at least be a source of organic poly in the places you would use it.

1 minute ago, SingleSidedPCB said:

just....Why?

Ghillie is the only armor that requires a resource that spoils to craft and repair..

Its also the clear choice for hot environments where there is no source of that resource (lava caves on island and center, swamp cave on island).

Also its cold environment counterpart, fur armor, has the same base durability of 120..is it next on the nerfing block?

If your going to nerf ghillie durability, there should at least be a source of organic poly in the places you would use it.

Probably because it is way overused. My tribe had extra sets of MC ghillie for all of the members in the tribe and that was all everyone used. 

A little too overused for my taste

1 minute ago, Volcano637 said:

Probably because it is way overused. My tribe had extra sets of MC ghillie for all of the members in the tribe and that was all everyone used. 

A little too overused for my taste

Nerfing its durability does nothing for that though? it only hurts those using it for one of its intended uses, hot caves.

19 minutes ago, SingleSidedPCB said:

just....Why?

this is why.

Using CRAZYHIGH durability ghillie to run up to turrets and C4 them....

I have a simple answer for most of the changes WC makes.  You can guess what that is,  and the words I would choose would get my hand slapped at minimum.  I have only been playing Ark for 2 months and just joined the forums a couple weeks ago.  Wow.......    I joined because I was so Fing pissed off I couldnt relax until I got my turn saying,  "WC is the worst studio I have seen since I got my first Pong and Atari".  Seriously,  how on earth has this studio managed to make this many mistakes, and still be alive? I have never seen a community hate the team making the game worse than WC.  This should be a huge HINT to start changing what and how they do things. 

How about 80-100 mil to start.  A game idea that we all love the sh!t out of, just pray everyday a "Real" studio could take it over and finish it. 

5 minutes ago, ArkaelDren said:

I have a simple answer for most of the changes WC makes.  You can guess what that is,  and the words I would choose would get my hand slapped at minimum.  I have only been playing Ark for 2 months and just joined the forums a couple weeks ago.  Wow.......    I joined because I was so Fing pissed off I couldnt relax until I got my turn saying,  "WC is the worst studio I have seen since I got my first Pong and Atari".  Seriously,  how on earth has this studio managed to make this many mistakes, and still be alive? I have never seen a community hate the team making the game worse than WC.  This should be a huge HINT to start changing what and how they do things. 

How about 80-100 mil to start.  A game idea that we all love the sh!t out of, just pray everyday a "Real" studio could take it over and finish it. 

way to write a LOT and say next to nothing.

Apparently you have never played a Sony Entertainment Online game (SOE). WC has made mistakes, but they are LIGHTYEARS ahead of SOE, Hello Games (No Man's Sky), and other flops.

Maybe next time SAY something instead of unspecified rants.

14 minutes ago, PoliScikosis said:

way to write a LOT and say next to nothing.

Apparently you have never played a Sony Entertainment Online game (SOE). WC has made mistakes, but they are LIGHTYEARS ahead of SOE, Hello Games (No Man's Sky), and other flops.

Maybe next time SAY something instead of unspecified rants.

Sure slick, keep thinking what I said was pointless.  Two kinds of people in Ark forums, the kind that gets treated like a dog and likes it, and the ones that dont.  Alpha Tribe boy.

13 minutes ago, JetJaguar said:

Because its to add to the grind. Why not force you to go hunt down more organic polymer? What the hell else do you have to do in game anyway? Keyword: Grind.

The constant add to the grinding in this game is getting very old very fast for sure, but in this case it would be ok-ish if their were sources of organic poly in appropriate places.

on scorched earth there are mantis in all the caves for organic poly, plants for fiber, and dinos that yield hide..it should be the same way for the hot caves on all the maps.

maybe put mantis in the hot caves on theisland and center? put snails in the caves and have only those un tameable cave snails give organic poly as loot?

1 minute ago, PoliScikosis said:

so you didnt see the part where Maniac runs straight at the turrets, places C4, runs off... detonates... and repeats??? that was high durability ghillie

i saw him get hit 3-4 times...doesn't scream " CRAZYHIGH durability " to me...

i also saw he was moving very fast (looks pre player movement speed nerf) and the turrets were having a lot of trouble tracking him (high server lag?).

I've had my best ascendant ghillie get 2-shotted by Arthropluera in every hot cave that has them...Also had it shredded in a matter of seconds by bats.

2 minutes ago, SingleSidedPCB said:

i saw him get hit 3-4 times...doesn't scream " CRAZYHIGH durability " to me...

i also saw he was moving very fast (looks pre player movement speed nerf) and the turrets were having a lot of trouble tracking him (high server lag?).

I've had my best ascendant ghillie get 2-shotted by Arthropluera in every hot cave that has them...Also had it shredded in a matter of seconds by bats.

because Arthro spit is acid and bypasses durability on armor.

do you even know the game mechanics?

Ghillie is easy to make, gives decent armor and durability to begin with. I found myself using ghillie on raids more than flak or riot, even in hand to hand, or close combat. That's the point in my opinion to the ghillie nerf. It's a utility armor. You shouldn't be getting shot at, or piked, or melee'd, etc, enough to break your armor. Ghillie should be used for hiding/sniping and avoiding getting your  :poop:  pushed in, not as an all purpose easy repair/accessible replacement to other armor tiers at high level.

Archived