Boss Fight: Alternatives to Rexes?

LilNastyGurl

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply
21 hours ago, DomiDarko said:

Spinos and Megalosaurus as well if you have at least MC saddles for them. But yeah, I'd always recommend a Yuty and 2 Daeodons besides the Rexes/Spinos/Theris/Megalos. But: only bring in Megalosaurus at night! :D 

You can bring Spinos into the arena? I thought they were excluded along with Gigas?

22 minutes ago, ThzNutz said:

ive been doing the bosses nekked shooting flare guns at them, good times:D

I have a question for you monsieur Nutz.

Have you done a boss fight since v263?

If so, what did you bring?

How did it go?

And would you change anything otherwise.

And here I am asking your opinion. Not what was intended, planned or meant to be. 

• Volunteer Moderator
13 minutes ago, Balteraxe said:

Have you done a boss fight since v263?

i have not. we are still leveling our rex and until this is fixed we will not be fighting any bosses, and i am recommending no one on our server try it as well. 

there have, however, been several attempts made by allies, all ending in being wiped. beta dragon and beta monkey--they used the standard "best rex of the day" (the 15k/525 ones i believe) and had plenty of riders--the monkey fight was over in 3 mins or less (19 rex w/asc saddles) wiped, and the dragon fight (unsure of losses) made it to about 10 mins before wiped.

18 minutes ago, ThzNutz said:

i have not. we are still leveling our rex and until this is fixed we will not be fighting any bosses, and i am recommending no one on our server try it as well. 

there have, however, been several attempts made by allies, all ending in being wiped. beta dragon and beta monkey--they used the standard "best rex of the day" (the 15k/525 ones i believe) and had plenty of riders--the monkey fight was over in 3 mins or less (19 rex w/asc saddles) wiped, and the dragon fight (unsure of losses) made it to about 10 mins before wiped.

Well I am glad for starters that you are giving an honest answer and saying that it's not wise to attempt the boss fights..

Hopefully this will be addressed soon to before v262.

Has anyone taken spinos in the arena thought they were to heavy ?  They have better dps than a Rex and  similar health pool whereas the chicken deals some damage but in my xp can't take it. But at the min post 263 bosses are just not worth it imo alphas impossible and beta not worth the risk for the reward 

1 hour ago, younevergetthis said:

Has anyone taken spinos in the arena thought they were to heavy ?  They have better dps than a Rex and  similar health pool whereas the chicken deals some damage but in my xp can't take it. But at the min post 263 bosses are just not worth it imo alphas impossible and beta not worth the risk for the reward 

No, spinos have very low health. Spino base health is 700 rex has base health of 1100. Not even close. Thery has 870, more than spino.

Spinos do need a big buff. I wouldnt even send them to gamma right now.

1 hour ago, Jognt said:

Are Megatheriums any good vs the Broodmother? What with all the spiders giving it that massive damage boost all the time? Or do spiders not give that buff?

Sadly, Megatheriums takes massively increased damage when their buff is active. I've no idea if it's intentional or a bug but it makes the Broodmother fight untenable. 

2 hours ago, Thorium said:

No, spinos have very low health. Spino base health is 700 rex has base health of 1100. Not even close. Thery has 870, more than spino.

Spinos do need a big buff. I wouldnt even send them to gamma right now.

With proper leveling, does a 400 health initial difference really even come into play?

Archived