PSA: Boss changes after v262.0 (Stealth Buffs)

ifixxed

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply
36 minutes ago, TracerBee said:

Yes, after patch 263, broodmother got boosted big time. And yet there was no mention of it in patch notes, so im guessing its some bug.

Not sure how to get the devs attention over this.

Opened a thread for it: 

It's not a bug.  They just didnt want to give us the specifics.  I tried to do medium ape after 262... lost everything whereas a few days earlier my boss group was sufficient.

Just tried hard dragon in singleplayer. It still has 970k HP at 264, however it felt noticeably weaker. I managed to get it to 180k HP before everything was dead.

19 rexes @40k+ life and 700+ melee, 1 yuty @40k/700. Maybe my movement sucked a bit, could be doable now. I definitely feel a boss nerf compared to patch 262 and patch 263.

5 hours ago, DeningWei said:

It's not a bug.  They just didnt want to give us the specifics.  I tried to do medium ape after 262... lost everything whereas a few days earlier my boss group was sufficient.

"Additional damage and health adjustments to the Dragon, Megapithecus, and TheCenter bosses."

Patch 263

Monkey and dragon got boosted (Which is stupid but whatever), but nothing mentioned about spider.

On 7/17/2017 at 5:57 PM, ifixxed said:

No idea why this just got merged? I clearly stated why I was posting it as a new thread and its almost identical to the comment I posted above. I think it is important to show the community that the bosses have not been addressed yet so they do not lose hours and hours of work in minutes.

I posted about this as a new thread  and a mod(which I cannot link here, he has it disabled) combined the new topic into this (its the 2nd comment on page 2 of this thread). I was trying to warn ppl that instead of the 1/3rd damage we did in v262... we now do 1/4th the dmg in v263. I knew when he merged it  some people were going to miss the update. Shame on that mod for not letting it remain a new post. This means that the health I reported for v262(the health rolls for brood) are now higher.

THE BOSSES ON ALL MAPS take 1/4th damage at the moment. SE, The Center, The island.  As of current(patch v264.15) They still take the 1/4th damage. 

I find it odd that the mod combined the post even tho it was clearly new info.. and as I feared ppl didnt see the info it looks like.

On 7/17/2017 at 3:07 AM, Musketeer said:

Maybe bosses are meant to be killed with duped god rexes, not rexes we made time and effort to breed for many generations by ourselves.

20 Rexes with 30k+ hp, 700-800 melee and Acs 86 armour sadles and they die like flies from Gamma bosses.. and what;s the reward? 16 Element.

I know its a bit ridiculous. Some patch note warning would have been nice. I don't know why they didn't have that in the notes. Unless I missed something. I've had a friend and I that have been raising rexes and we gained some success on manticore hard pre262 and gained tons of element from it. Once we decided to switch to the island for element there we did a few gamma and beta fine. Now with the post262 its enough to say the rexes are just flies to the new boss buff.

This is months of breeding and raising. So yeah unless they had something in mind with herbivores, therzi, or the slight buffs they gave trikes and stegos or other dinos for boss fights and tek caves,  I'm betting that this was unintentional.

At the same time I wonder what these boss wars are and how this boss buff after the last patch may have something to do with its testing.

For the moment, we are enjoying the 2x weekend, but we won't be doing boss fights until this is changed. Its not worth the element. I'll enjoy my game just as it is without bosses for awhile.

On 7/19/2017 at 9:23 AM, Shebeatsyoui said:

If they dont they are idiots.

EDIT NM i see there Lecacy idea and I like it :)

I quit a year ago when this game was a mess and said Id only come back when it was fun again and felt like a game not a demo. Well it kinda is on SP anyway 100% better then when i left. I think they are doing better than you give em credit for bub. The things that suck about the game now are not bugs they are dev decisions which new players wont even notice. I think the game will pass as complete for new gamers in 3 weeks. 

interesting perspective. I agree. New players that come to play on release probably won't notice a difference. Those that have been playing since last August will, like myself.

Made the most of the x2 replaced 90% of our rexs hit resources to re do a few saddles this is the part that is horrid the mats lost for sadles rexs i expect to take losses oviously wasn't expecting a total wipe but the saddle mats suck.

who is attempting them soon if anyone on xbox pve ...?

I need to unlock a more engrams i dont care about element atm but if anyone has any room i'll come on one of my own rexs an saddles see how it goes. I will lvl it over the next few days and then do updated report 

if we can get enough players an all bring 1 rex least we can give it a proper break down with out losing everything .. and then record it an share the outcome here hopefully wont be total annihilation but then hopefully the devs will see how bad they have actually made this.

anyone in?

On 7/24/2017 at 6:38 AM, ICuPrometheus said:

So I done a medium brood yesterday, I try get one a week in just to add a lil bit of element to stock.

ive done it with two riders and 14 rexes 40k Hp 600 +\ -dmg with mc saddles 70 to 90 arm.

so yesterday , me 2 tribe mates and two from alliance took 19 rexes same statts 

Got in had her pinned as usuall all going smooth... She wrecked  us in 5mins , knocked about a quarter Hp from her .... DILO ark

has this happens to anyone else 

Was this official?

13 minutes ago, OGCookies said:

Personally i think it was intentional to slow people from getting element until they figure out a correct balance will be doin easy brood only until fixed

we haven't touched any since.. I heard messages of even easy brood can be a douche or have you run this a few times and all went ok on official servers ??

devs need to get there poo together they keep making changes without even testing first people cant even do easy mode. They push and push about tek gear telling people they are listening when frankly they arent. They make all these changes without listening to the players they did it with flying mounts etc.People who have lost characters lvl 100 with over 3k hours transferring from se havent even heard back its like they put a new game out and say nah dont give a poo about ark.  If you dont give a poo about ark devs sell damn game to a company that does, when it takes 2 years for you to fix any bugs more now within 4 weeks then you ever have thats the first sign. Now your making things impossible to do and btw  when you take a deaedon into a boss fight its the first thing the addons go for. If poop isnt broke dont fix it and if you fix it try playing first instead of a guessing game. You wonder why people want 2x breeding you put us in the spot where we need it. Plus making breeding a bitch, who has time to  imprint every 3.5 hours when u have a job and a family. Let alone have a week to raise a baby. You are ruining a good game.Yes there is attitude in this because like many who have thousands of hours in this game we like it and care to bad the devs dont give a poop  over 48k complaints and you dont think there is a problem try listening to the players just for one minute. All you keep showing is its all about $ and you can tell people are smartening up look at citidal reviews and dark and light reviews. May as well tell players who lose there account there are screwed or atleast have the respect to answer and help them.

They do not care about losses. They boost all bosses except manticore. Make oil stupid hard to get. Now people are forced to play Scorched Earth to get oil and enough element to build stuff. People left Scorched because they did not like it. WC was insulted. Now, we have to play it.

If that was not their plan, it seems very suspicious looking like a plan.

Odd that all boss versions except manticore got buffed to stupid hard levels. And that tek trough engram got added to manticore , but not mosa tek saddle. Both were previously on monkey only. Just real suspicious. Because if trough and mosa tek saddle added to manticore, why even fight very difficult monkey?

Painfully obvious manipulation, WC.

• Volunteer Moderator
3 minutes ago, KibbleSnatcher said:

They do not care about losses. They boost all bosses except manticore. Make oil stupid hard to get. Now people are forced to play Scorched Earth to get oil and enough element to build stuff. People left Scorched because they did not like it. WC was insulted. Now, we have to play it.

If that was not their plan, it seems very suspicious looking like a plan.

Odd that all boss versions except manticore got buffed to stupid hard levels. And that tek trough engram got added to manticore , but not mosa tek saddle. Both were previously on monkey only. Just real suspicious. Because if trough and mosa tek saddle added to manticore, why even fight very difficult monkey?

Painfully obvious manipulation, WC.

RW-STD-HERO_v1.png

5 minutes ago, Joebl0w13 said:

RW-STD-HERO_v1.png

Say what you like. You are not included in dev decisions, nor are you consulted. Neither am I. I cannot help what they are doing looks like manipulation. Neither can you. But, if it looks like a duck, and quacks like a duck, it's probably some sort of duck. Or you could just compare server count numbers of players on SE to any other map and see for yourself.

The numbers have gone up on SE since the boss boost and oil and generator nerf.

Simple.

11 minutes ago, KibbleSnatcher said:

Say what you like. You are not included in dev decisions, nor are you consulted. Neither am I. I cannot help what they are doing looks like manipulation. Neither can you. But, if it looks like a duck, and quacks like a duck, it's probably some sort of duck. Or you could just compare server count numbers of players on SE to any other map and see for yourself.

The numbers have gone up on SE since the boss boost and oil and generator nerf.

Simple.

100% agree

A bit out of whack if you ask me. Brood easy is the starter boss. It's the boss where you taste first blood and get your feet wet, not the boss that wrecks you as soon as you spawn in. It should be the boss the lower player tribes and lower levels do to gather element. Yes, you may not get a lot but you can do it multiple times without worry. But this boss is a bull in a China shop. This is one nerf I can get behind....

Archived