PSA: Boss changes after v262.0 (Stealth Buffs)

ifixxed

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

IS it just me or have bosses become invincible  yesterday and today total of 40 dinos lost.

We tried Broodmother medium,Manticore and dragon twice.

All dinos had atleast 35k health and 600 melee. and mc saddles. They promote tek gear as soon as you figure a strategy the boss is changed , now  they have added more hp and more melee.

We take the time breeding each stat this isn't over night this isnt once a week this takes time. I can understand the changes in game and have a lot of respect for other players some have great breeds some don't. But forgive me for saying this but you shouldn't make it damn impossible to beat even medium etc. You wonder why people want breeding all the time its because some of your changes are not realistic. Whats the point of looking forward to tek gear and breeding if nothing is even possible.  If anyone has beaten them please let me know. One or 2 dinos dieing during a fight np but failing even great stats?

48 minutes ago, TheyCallMeAces said:

If thing stay the same. Tribes will have to breed rexes consistently, to afford heavy casualties on each boss. You looking at 19 rexes and one yuty going in. Lucky to have 5+ rexes leaving and element to power a handful of tek gens for a week.  

Building in tek rn is a joke. 

How about 2 Daeodons? I can't even imagine fighting a boss without them!

17 hours ago, ZetaFoX17 said:

What about the manticore ? is it the same as before ?

It is the same, it takes the 1/4th damage but you can easily do it with a handful of rexxes, if you know what I mean =p

7 hours ago, Musketeer said:

I tried Center Arena again.. nothing has changed since 262.

Yep, they have not edited them since v263 when they took out the armor pierce. They are still OP

I've only been playing the game for about 5 months now and have clocked in about 1000 hours. My tribe has lost a total of about 150 rex's since 262's stealth buffs to the bosses. Now these buffs should have been posted to begin with, but weren't for some damn reason. Secondly I'd like to add that with all these new changes to PVE, you are actually losing your current player base. People are sick of you playing around and changing things without notifying them and testing them yourself Wild Card. At this rate you won't sustain a player base and all those new servers that you end up adding will end up being filled with just your die hards. You're actually going to lose money. 

This was constructive...so please, stop raptoring up our game. It's just as much our game as it is yours at this point. 

We just did Alpha Manticore.

16 Rexes, 30K hp and 600-750 melee, 100 armor saddles.

No yuty, no daeodon. Five ridden rexes.

Manticore is less prone to landing, and when you bite him, he tries to fly away.

So keep rexes on passive till he is good and pinned by ridden rexes, then whistle aggressive and hold on for the ride.

It is a bit wiggly, but once it lands, bum rush it and you are good to go.

Never fought him before the boss buff, so nothing to compare it to.

We just knew a guy who was confident manticore could still be done.

Jat said balancing bosses for multiplayer was on their list to do. His reply you can find via arkdevtracker.com 

Due to how unbalanced, unfair and unsatisfying boss battles are, that it requires you to glitch them and breed perfect dinosaurs for weeks, I could not care less about WC's precious Tek Tier they overhype so much. Same thing applies to Tek Cave...

1 hour ago, Lewiatan said:

Jat said balancing bosses for multiplayer was on their list to do. His reply you can find via arkdevtracker.com 

Due to how unbalanced, unfair and unsatisfaying boss battles are, that it requires you to glitch them and breed perfect dinosaurs for weeks, I could not care less about WC's precious Tek Tier they overhype so much. Same thing applies to Tek Cave...

True. Part of me believes that this is one of the main reasons a lot of players are duping Tek on official servers because of how tedious it is to obtain. 

So I done a medium brood yesterday, I try get one a week in just to add a lil bit of element to stock.

ive done it with two riders and 14 rexes 40k Hp 600 +\ -dmg with mc saddles 70 to 90 arm.

so yesterday , me 2 tribe mates and two from alliance took 19 rexes same statts 

Got in had her pinned as usuall all going smooth... She wrecked  us in 5mins , knocked about a quarter Hp from her .... DILO ark

has this happens to anyone else 

2 hours ago, Musketeer said:

If you play PvE then Tek Tier is overrated anyway, don't bother.

I find the tek doors and dino gateways extremely useful. No more hassle with doors opening to the wrong direction. Also auto-close is so nice when youre on a dino.

Also the wifi-power generator is really nice. It powers the whole house without the need to lay down cables all over the place.

The tek rifle is great because it has great burst damage, and it fires under water (!). Great for caves.

And, of course, the replicator is great for mass production. I tend to build solid walls out of foundation with two wall rows (instead of behemoth gates), which needs a TON of walls for my base.

Other than that, yeah, for me tek is rather useless. And I am also even disappointed with some of the tek stuff (force field, cloning chamber, to start with).

On the unofficial server I play, the server was having a 1 year birthday event & was doing boss events. I took in my bionic giga which had 83,000 HP & did 15,000 damage a bite.

Once we were in the arena the admin teleported me in & the giga lasted 2 seconds!

The Broodmother was doing 3000 damage a hit & her armour made my giga only do 2,000 a hit. :(

Seems the Broodmother got SUPER overpowered.

Island/center bosses are rather hard now, but the best thing you can do is to farm the element on scorched from the manticore and build what u need to there and bring it back to the island/center.

Takes a bit more time but the cost of running 1 manticore fight is much cheaper than what it takes for the island/center bosses.

Like what @KibbleSnatcher said, manticore doesn't land much so you have to be quick, but the payout is so worth it

Archived