GameIris

Griffin nerf Petition

Griffin as it is, is too OP and should be nerf. I suggest to add "broken bones" for 8 to 15 sec to the griffin each time it uses the dive attack. A rather more appropriate option would be "dislocated bones" and shouldn't be able to fly and it should limp during that period.

• Thanks 1
  • Facepalm 4

Ragnarok is free to use, anyone can get griffins. If this was a scorched earth dino, but its not. Anyone can get it. I do agree that the dive is a bit much but the stam regen takes quite a while. The second it needs to land for stam its dead(if this was pvp or you were fighting for something)

The reason I started this thread is because there is no viable way to counter Griffin, all other dinos you can see them coming but when griffin attacks its usually the last thing you see. In my experience the stamina is not that much of an issue for Griffin, only Ptera has stamina issue.

26 minutes ago, Ulta said:

I petition NOT to have it nerfed. It can be countered...it's called lots of turrets. Treat it like a more dangerous Quetzal and build better defenses.

should i carry tons of turrets with me to do open world PVP with a griffin?

Posted (edited)
7 minutes ago, GameIris said:

should i carry tons of turrets with me to do open world PVP with a griffin?

Learn to run then. If anything they should give the Griffon a call that it does when it dives, so that people can HEAR it coming and know to book it. If you can avoid it hitting the ground, then it's pretty much dead, without that broken bone debuff you suggested (provided you are good at the game's PVP...which is subjective).

The Griffin's ability to dive and swoop makes it the only fun flyer in the game...I'll be damned if I don't speak up when someone wants to take more fun out of the game (and of course it's because of PVP 'balance'...ugh).

Open-world PVP...what ARK version are you playing where a large-scale fight takes place NOT near a base?

Edited by Ulta
  • Like 2

17 minutes ago, Ulta said:

Learn to run then. If anything they should give the Griffon a call that it does when it dives, so that people can HEAR it coming and know to book it. If you can avoid it hitting the ground, then it's pretty much dead, without that broken bone debuff you suggested (provided you are good at the game's PVP...which is subjective).

The Griffin's ability to dive and swoop makes it the only fun flyer in the game...I'll be damned if I don't speak up when someone wants to take more fun out of the game (and of course it's because of PVP 'balance'...ugh).

Open-world PVP...what ARK version are you playing where a large-scale fight takes place NOT near a base?

So should i create a new thread to request to buff the Ptera back to what it was(speed, stamina and health) so we can have more fun?

30 minutes ago, GameIris said:

So should i create a new thread to request to buff the Ptera back to what it was(speed, stamina and health) so we can have more fun?

Already been done. WC ain't doing it though.

Why do you think so many people moved to unofficials? To have more FUN. Least that's what I did.

Regardless, that isn't on topic. Griffin doesn't NEED a nerf...but watch it's goign to get one anyway cause of people like you. WC needs ot just keep PVP balances away from PVE

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Ulta said:

Already been done. WC ain't doing it though.

Why do you think so many people moved to unofficials? To have more FUN. Least that's what I did.

Regardless, that isn't on topic. Griffin doesn't NEED a nerf...but watch it's goign to get one anyway cause of people like you. WC needs ot just keep PVP balances away from PVE

If you want OP dino tame a Giga, it is loads of fun. 

The griffin needs nerf because all other flyers are nerfed, if other flyers were at their old state I would have no problem with Griffin being as it is.

• Facepalm 1

1 EASY fix for this would be allowing the Griffin to be caught in bear traps. (reg or large),

Griffins are not breedable, less stats than an argy, and short of the plant X bombing really are used only for faster travel (and they carry the same as a ptera..... they dont need a nerf.

they do however need to be affected by bear traps. this would single handedly balance Griffins

13 hours ago, GameIris said:

The reason I started this thread is because there is no viable way to counter Griffin, all other dinos you can see them coming but when griffin attacks its usually the last thing you see. In my experience the stamina is not that much of an issue for Griffin, only Ptera has stamina issue.

Griffins are as fast as griffins, no? Seems like a viable counter.

or y'know, turrets. 

• Thanks 1

14 hours ago, GameIris said:

If you want OP dino tame a Giga, it is loads of fun. 

The griffin needs nerf because all other flyers are nerfed, if other flyers were at their old state I would have no problem with Griffin being as it is.

Son only because they have nerfed before the other flyers Griffin needs a nerf.

Yes....

Please nerf your mind before posting again. 

Regards.

As a pve player I look at this and think, "why the hell do you want that nerfed? have you ever used it in combat vs wildlife?!" Then I think of the pvp players and its divebomb, It might be a little overpowered, but once that thing lands its pretty much dead if your built up and expect them to visit.

1 hour ago, ShinigamiGreed said:

I petition for Griffins to be able to dive and divebomb while holding creatures and players so we can piledrive some poor souls into the ground at mach 2.

that would be awesome xD. While in the claws and you hit the ground they go bye bye.

18 hours ago, Ulta said:

I don't know about the call idea, but I think they should make the whistle of the dive more audible.  Like the sound of a bomb dropping in a movie.

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, o0oNightmareo0o said:

Griffin does not need nerfed. They are weak melee fighters, stamina and speed all they have going for them. Id vote for BUFF

LOL are you kidding me weak melee, it can kill a 250+ Ptera with saddle mid air with 1 hit only ONE hit. You just don't know how to use them.

Edited by GameIris

3 hours ago, VIKAS said:

Son only because they have nerfed before the other flyers Griffin needs a nerf.

Yes....

Please nerf your mind before posting again. 

Regards.

If i use a Griffin against you in PVP you come back and will agree with me, enough said.

6 hours ago, PoliScikosis said:

1 EASY fix for this would be allowing the Griffin to be caught in bear traps. (reg or large),

Griffins are not breedable, less stats than an argy, and short of the plant X bombing really are used only for faster travel (and they carry the same as a ptera..... they dont need a nerf.

they do however need to be affected by bear traps. this would single handedly balance Griffins

Why you guys don't understand I can't carry bear traps with me when going about on the map just so I will have 1% chance to trap the griffin.

Just now, GameIris said:

All these replys are from either single mode players or PVE players.

Yeah, mainly because we don't want you messing with our griffins on PVE.  Everyone knows as soon as you start whining about a dino on PVP the change is game wide.  If WC decides to nerf the griffin for PVP reasons, the next thing you know the PVE griffins will be nerfed as well.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, GameIris said:

Griffin as it is, is too OP and should be nerf. I suggest to add "broken bones" for 8 to 15 sec to the griffin each time it uses the dive attack. A rather more appropriate option would be "dislocated bones" and shouldn't be able to fly and it should limp during that period.

I don't think the griffin should break its bones when it dives. Its clear that the crearure is designed to perform that way. Perhaps if breeding was added then the griffin could be nerfed a bit but considering at the moment they can not be bred for higher levels and stat mutations to make them even stronger, they are fine the way they are.