Server Wipe

Killbolt
Message added by Jerryn

Let's stay on topic and not make this personal.

Note:  Responding to an off topic comment is also off topic.

So I think that, after considering the outcome of the pseudo-wipe that their going to do.  That being when they cull back 10% of the 'dead servers' forcing people who might be playing on them into heavily packed servers creating extended tame caps which will result in people leaving, shrinking the 'legacy' servers even further leading to eventually more people shrinkage, then departure, until only a handful of angry, bitter, jaded players remaining so that its toxic and unplayable.  I've decided I am on the side of the 'wipe all servers on release'.

I think that wildcard decided to split the game into two parts is going to created double the workload for the admin, it creates problems where a lot of players are bored and have nothing to do because their part of the 1% of tribes who have everything, or enough resources such as kibble and raw materials to go out and do what ever they want.  A large amount of the game used the water stasis glitch to create their armys anyways so it's not like their losing much.  With taming events like the 2x and 3x, the way that the kibble is going to be reworked anyways, and multiple maps to play on I think it would be in everyones best interest to shutdown and release the maps on launch.  This way everyone has to start fresh and clean, no exploited dinos, and certainly no huge chunks of land eaten up by predator players.

Also, this self-imposed wipe is kind of poopty anyways, just do as my deceased family used to say, 'poop or get off the pot'.  I sit back now and welcome to hate from salty players who don't want to spend a week getting started again and are going to say things like 'well you can always go and leave the rest of us alone' and similar statements.

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@Jat @ARK @Jen WC needs to wipe every servers, it will help with most of the problems. So what if people quit? Some people don't want to play in a server where cheaters been duping stuff. A server wipe will do good. some people are soooo into Ark that if they get a wipe they will scream like little girls and quit the game. Get a grip, restarting from 0 is fun and it helps the servers to have a better performance again.

1. It will get rid of all the duping stuff.

2. It will get rid of stuff that people can't get anymore while others still have it.

3. It will make the server's perfomance better.

4." less" lag, rubberbanding, crashes (hopefully). (they will need to optimize in the future anyway because servers will be full again).

5. It will be a fresh start for everyone and it will be better that way.

LETS DO THIS ALREADY! WC.. WTH ARE YOU WAITING FOR? You will lose players and you will gain players. But the players you lost will come back eventually to a better Ark anyway. You need to see this on the better side too...

2 hours ago, EternalUniverse said:

@Jat @ARK @Jen WC needs to wipe every servers, it will help with most of the problems. So what if people quit? Some people don't want to play in a server where cheaters been duping stuff. A server wipe will do good. some people are soooo into Ark that if they get a wipe they will scream like little girls and quit the game. Get a grip, restarting from 0 is fun and it helps the servers to have a better performance again.

1. It will get rid of all the duping stuff.

2. It will get rid of stuff that people can't get anymore while others still have it.

3. It will make the server's perfomance better.

4." less" lag, rubberbanding, crashes (hopefully). (they will need to optimize in the future anyway because servers will be full again).

5. It will be a fresh start for everyone and it will be better that way.

LETS DO THIS ALREADY! WC.. WTH ARE YOU WAITING FOR? You will lose players and you will gain players. But the players you lost will come back eventually to a better Ark anyway. You need to see this on the better side too...

No

• GP locked this topic

Archived