Server Wipe

Killbolt
Message added by Jerryn

Let's stay on topic and not make this personal.

Note:  Responding to an off topic comment is also off topic.

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Killbolt said:

im sure we all have heard it before. "they will reset the game anyway so nothing matters now" and i was just seeing if anyone can give me a better answer then "i bet they will" or " i dont see why they wouldnt" thanks for reading.

As Dev stated before No wipe but they will add new server. Wipe only low populated servers.

Na there will never be an official wipe the devs had said it and i reckon there to scare off losing players to a wipe but to be honest its really needed the amount of duping stuff broken BP and other memento from the past that just needs to be removed is silly, it would be nice if they even just wiped BP so not ever mega tribe had tons of 600+ damage long neck which you cant get bp for any more which they probably dup the resources for anyway. At least give new players a chance to get these items because they have a serious game changing impact. Like i saw i guy with a 640 damage pike yesterday he could solo decent level rexs in a 1 v 1 if thats the game wildcard wants give everyone the capacity to get one.  

8 hours ago, GamerPerfection said:

They have stated that there is no intention to wipe servers at launch, with the exception of very low populated or empty servers that may get re-purposed with a 1 month notice.

As for how low a low populated server needs to be that is unknown.

Should be any server lower than 40 average 

10 minutes ago, Unseen said:

Na there will never be an official wipe the devs had said it and i reckon there to scare off losing players to a wipe but to be honest its really needed the amount of duping stuff broken BP and other memento from the past that just needs to be removed is silly, it would be nice if they even just wiped BP so not ever mega tribe had tons of 600+ damage long neck which you cant get bp for any more which they probably dup the resources for anyway. At least give new players a chance to get these items because they have a serious game changing impact. Like i saw i guy with a 640 damage pike yesterday he could solo decent level rexs in a 1 v 1 if thats the game wildcard wants give everyone the capacity to get one.  

They also said there wouldn't be cross ark. Hoping they go back on their word about official wipes as well

9 hours ago, Killbolt said:

im sure we all have heard it before. "they will reset the game anyway so nothing matters now" and i was just seeing if anyone can give me a better answer then "i bet they will" or " i dont see why they wouldnt" thanks for reading.

I sure hope they do. A lot of people think they should be able to keep what they have at at some point everybody thought that way.

in all honesty they don't deserve to keep any of it. I really don't care if they worked hard for it or not. 

Everybody has worked hard on the game and most of already lost what they had. The main point is they just don't deserve it.

a wipe would be awesome to see. Fingers crossed.

8 hours ago, GamerPerfection said:

They have stated that there is no intention to wipe servers at launch, with the exception of very low populated or empty servers that may get re-purposed with a 1 month notice.

Must be lower then 10 per month or something as i see the hardcore servers do not seem to have much traffic through them with the exception of the new people buying the game and then realizing that is not the type of server they want to be on.

3 hours ago, Volcano637 said:

I sure hope they do. A lot of people think they should be able to keep what they have at at some point everybody thought that way.

in all honesty they don't deserve to keep any of it. I really don't care if they worked hard for it or not. 

Everybody has worked hard on the game and most of already lost what they had. The main point is they just don't deserve it.

a wipe would be awesome to see. Fingers crossed.

Do you have even one good reason why 'they don't deserve it'? If it's anything like your other thread, I'm guessing the answer is 'no'. 

Coming from an alpha on multiple servers that has personally farmed millions of ingots, and spent tons of hours on bloodlines etc.... my vote is wipe...  a lot of people have abused the dupe... it really grinds my gears when i work extremely hard for my status in ark and some kid is over there duping metal gates  and rare items getting rich on little investment...and the fact that there are items in the game floating around that can no longer be acquired upsets me even though I own some of them.

Fix the glitches.. wipe the servers... fix the center.. come out with a new map for release...

I'd be willing to throw it all away for a fresh day 1 blood bath and even playing field for all.

And to get back on the original topic.. I read an official post stating that the low pop servers would be repurposed as fresh servers and an official copy of the servers game file would be available for download so you could continue your progress on a private server.

7 hours ago, pytommy2 said:

Wipe? What about the old players? I and many dont want thousands of gameplay hours be wiped. 

To be fair, you sank in this many hours in to an Early Access game that specifically has the small print; "We reserve the right to change anything."
Your future hours were forfeit from accepting that.

16 hours ago, GamerPerfection said:

If those exist, I would like to know them...tired of playing on a overcrowded and overbuilt server.

I think the question is more geared toward console players than PC players.  Looking at the certification process and some of Mircosoft's and Sony's stingy rules a server wipe maybe be unavoidable on consoles.  Yes the devs have no plans to wipe the servers however if XBL and PSN deem that early access player have an unfair and unbalanced advantage they could very well (and well within their rights) hold the official release until the servers are wiped.  I honestly could see Sony doing this, look at the crazy Mod situation with Bethesda.  Not to mention thay Sony was very much opposed to early access titles to begin with.  In my opinion server wipes might have to come to consoles.

18 hours ago, clumsynynja said:

Do you have even one good reason why 'they don't deserve it'? If it's anything like your other thread, I'm guessing the answer is 'no'. 

Because it is good to start over. If a game doesn't have replay ability it's not a good game to begin with. I am pretty sure wildcard didn't intend for a few to no matter what stay in power forever. I am actually very sure of that. It's time to start over

24 minutes ago, Volcano637 said:

Because it is good to start over. If a game doesn't have replay ability it's not a good game to begin with. I am pretty sure wildcard didn't intend for a few to no matter what stay in power forever. I am actually very sure of that. It's time to start over

And I was right- no good reason. 

• GP locked this topic
  • Joebl0w13 unlocked this topic

Archived