Server Wipe

Killbolt
Message added by Jerryn

Let's stay on topic and not make this personal.

Note:  Responding to an off topic comment is also off topic.

1 hour ago, electricblooz said:

Sorry, Joe, but that is hardly true.  Try moving to a server where all the beaver spawns are paved with metal bases and the owner pops in from SE twice a month to make certain the timers reset...  The only way you can get CP is Chitin farming or buying it from the Alpha alliance.

Additionally, it is highly unlikely that new players will be attracted to anything that is labeled "Legacy" because that word denotes "old," "outmoded," "cheapened," and (honestly) "doomed."

Maybe one thing that might attract a new guy to a stupid "legacy" server is it actually has people on it, playing. Everyone thinks the seperation was good for EVERY new player. Myself I would choose legacy if I knew there was 2 years of progress there, why play catch up... but that's me and I'm really glad they did this though to let people decide, not be forced

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
23 minutes ago, OGCookies said:

My guess is they will delete stacked forges and stuff like before unless theybplan to actually find the tribes that duped and remove them either way i agree the problem needs to be addressed 

That's my main gripe. Legacy or new, if the problem isn't fixed first, it won't matter. And WC saying that they'll fix it, yeah sure. How many iteration of the "falling throug ceilling/foundation/world" fix did they got out already? Or creatures spawning in bases? So im gonna be a ST Thomas here but, i'll believe it when i see it.  Until then, i'll stay on my position that they just announced a future expansion of the problem.

3 hours ago, Sphere said:

You mean the 1 day players? They join for one day, and then leave. I don't understand why somebody would do that. Join for a day, enjoy the game and the server, enjoy your tribe and the company, and then never log in anymore.

I agree - I don't understand those kinds of players, either.

24 minutes ago, Smash said:

Probably the most politically expedient solution.  It will allow all the no-wipers to think they've had a win without realising that their servers are pretty much doomed and Wildcard get less blow-back.  Either way, good work Wildcard! 

I predict all current servers more or less dead 2 months after launch.

so you think they will ALL be dead do you?

I see no insentive to move to the "new servers" thus "wiping" my own server by leaving it?

So as already posted, its now confirmed again.

Servers will NOT get wiped unless under populated- You will only be able to move around the current "legacy" servers.

Having played PVP (when I first started ark over a year ago) I am certain that the PVP servers on the new clusters will do well, and so may the PVE.

But as I said already there will currently be no incentive to move if you are pve, and the smaller pvp tribes may think the same. I think therefore a very diplomatic resolution by the devs, giving the players- Ultimately their own choice.

23 minutes ago, Smash said:

Probably the most politically expedient solution.  It will allow all the no-wipers to think they've had a win without realising that their servers are pretty much doomed and Wildcard get less blow-back.  Either way, good work Wildcard! 

I think it takes much longer than 2 months even if people are only logging in to hang out with their old dinos, especially for PvE players. Also, if the game menu UI stays traditionally confusing, a bunch of new players are going to start there by accident anyway!

For those that wanted no wipe, recruit your friends and keep your servers healthy.

My prediction is we'll end up with a smaller but still meaningful legacy community, especially on the PvE side. It's the same kind of thing as games with competitive seasons, where you need to restart at the beginning of each to be ranked. There's always people playing with their old stuff because it's fun. It could even go the opposite way if people take it on themselves to recruit players to their servers.

1 hour ago, Smash said:

I can't speak for PVP but I'd very much doubt PVE servers will die out due to this. Players such as myself who made it 2 years on the same server don't have much reason to leave and go do a new server. 

Will be interesting to see how some core server side fixes will get implemented on the legacy servers.

I am talking about those changes that belong to the very core of the programming and they will be implemented in the new servers by launch.

I am guessing its not that easy to implement those in the existing servers without messing something up or lots and lots of hours of extra programming.

But all this is just speculation and they did promise that all the updates will come in every server.

Honestly I'm kinda getting excited for the 8th now. I got the game on ps4 the day it was released and loved the early stages of the game. With the recent bug fixes coming and new map it should run much smoother. I mean starting fresh isn't that big of a deal for me bc I like the grind and taming/breeding. Plus the added excitement of new players, kind of bored with my current server peeps. I personally like helping noobs. I think legacy servers will be fine, new ppl will join with the added excitement of trying to topple reigning alphas (won't happen lol, but they can try). 

1 hour ago, Smash said:

Since your obviously pro-wipe from your comment are you playing odds? What's the chance your wrong again about the two months right? 50/50 win one lose one. Either way I hope you keep this peace about it and everyone else who thinks this.. move to the new cluster.. be happy.. hopefully the problems that led us here don't plague you because after all when the current exploits are fixed. There will never be more. Ever for any reason??. And I'm sure everything will stay transfer locked forever, even when there's never any new issues.

I am not going to try and predict what will happen after release.

the only thing is in order for this decision to work the new servers need to be permanently segregated. No matter what they will always be 2 years behind so I am just hoping the segregation is a permanent one. Luckily they didn't say anything about them joining together so hopefully it stays that way

1 minute ago, Volcano637 said:

I am not going to try and predict what will happen after release.

the only thing is in order for this decision to work the new servers need to be permanently segregated. No matter what they will always be 2 years behind so I am just hoping the segregation is a permanent one. Luckily they didn't say anything about them joining together so hopefully it stays that way

No, and barring the player base overwhelmingly wanting it, I'm sure it will stay that way. There's really nothing to compare how the old/new clusters will do independent of eachother but I imagine, given enough time, that someone who starts on the new cluster will want to visit the old, and it doesn't seem fair they wouldn't be able to go "back home".  That point in the future is where the overwhelmingly wanting it comes in. But I think it's safe to say for now they will be their own entities and (referring to pvp) both do well for a long time to come. I'm glad you got part of what you wanted volcano.. like I said not perfect for anyone but good with everyone. 

4 minutes ago, Insomniak said:

No, and barring the player base overwhelmingly wanting it, I'm sure it will stay that way. There's really nothing to compare how the old/new clusters will do independent of eachother but I imagine, given enough time, that someone who starts on the new cluster will want to visit the old, and it doesn't seem fair they wouldn't be able to go "back home".  That point in the future is where the overwhelmingly wanting it comes in. But I think it's safe to say for now they will be their own entities and (referring to pvp) both do well for a long time to come. I'm glad you got part of what you wanted volcano.. like I said not perfect for anyone but good with everyone. 

Yeah it was a win for everyone.

the only thing is when you talk about fair just like we all have, they already got the no wipe. "Them wanting to go home" is ridiculous. If they want that then they can go back to their old server. Goes right back to the selfish thing. They already got what they wanted and pretty soon they will want what the others have. Makes me sick how selfish these people that play this game are.

they should never be allowed to travel between new and legacy

6 minutes ago, Volcano637 said:

Yeah it was a win for everyone.

the only thing is when you talk about fair just like we all have, they already got the no wipe. "Them wanting to go home" is ridiculous. If they want that then they can go back to their old server. Goes right back to the selfish thing. They already got what they wanted and pretty soon they will want what the others have. Makes me sick how selfish these people that play this game are.

Sorry, not following. I was referring to someone who starts on a new server and eventually.. many moons from now decides to check out play on a legacy server for whatever reason it may be. 

7 minutes ago, Volcano637 said:

If it helps Volcano, Jen said on Twitter that the new servers will NEVER be transferable to the Legacy servers and visa versa.

So they don't even plan to open the flood-gates EVER between them. A good thing in my book I suppose. Now let's just hope WC can fix the duping issues and a couple other annoyances and I think ARK is set for release :Jerbhi:

• Volunteer Moderator
17 minutes ago, Specter229 said:

I'm confused as well. Are you saying that anyone who played on the legacy servers shouldn't be allowed on the new servers? 

Characters, dinos and gear can't be transferred between legacy and new. At all. 

People, can create characters on both and play. They just can't intermingle. 

1 hour ago, Insomniak said:

Sorry, not following. I was referring to someone who starts on a new server and eventually.. many moons from now decides to check out play on a legacy server for whatever reason it may be. 

Well i got confused by the "go home" statement. Well luckily they can go back and forth in that fashion which is fine. There just still should never be transfers available if that clears things up any?

1 hour ago, Ulta said:

If it helps Volcano, Jen said on Twitter that the new servers will NEVER be transferable to the Legacy servers and visa versa.

So they don't even plan to open the flood-gates EVER between them. A good thing in my book I suppose. Now let's just hope WC can fix the duping issues and a couple other annoyances and I think ARK is set for release :Jerbhi:

Thank you for letting me know that. That is awesome news. I have been really busy today(of all days) so I haven't been able to keep up on everything. In that case I wish ark the best of luck and hope they have a very successful future.

all I wanted were things to be truly fair and if they keep a complete segregation then I will actually leave a good review for the game, and actually start telling people they should buy ark. I have had a lot of people asking me and you definitely helped my decision on what to say. I love ark as well. I will have to bid it a fond farewell but that is also for personal reasons.

hopefully you guys all have fun regardless of the side you are on. I might come here every now and then to see how things are going, I wish no ill will towards anybody. Even you @GP. Still scratching my head on that one.

anyways, hopefully you old players will stick to your word like WC did and welcome the new players, I am sure some won't but I would expect the ones that said they would to ring true.

1 hour ago, Specter229 said:

I'm confused as well. Are you saying that anyone who played on the legacy servers shouldn't be allowed on the new servers? 

No I wasn't saying that. Sorry if there was any confusion. I was saying that anyone on legacy should never be able to transfer to the new servers. Hopefully that cleared it up

23 minutes ago, Specter229 said:

All I know is I finally built a greenhouse today. 

Might be off topic but this is cool so sue me.

green houses are awesome. Wish you could have seen "the farm" my buddy and I had. Mind blowing! Imagine a "mega" base with good defense but vaults filled with every non timer item and atleast 3 fridges full of every timed item. 

It was a work of art. Even got props from the people that wiped me but of course I responded with something that I couldn't even paraphrase without using all &(@)@)@&(. Lol 

anyways, all the salt is gone @Mjsechrest. This guy right here. I hated him and his tribe for months because of what they did(little more complicated than just this) but lately I have found we usually agree on stuff a lot on the forums.

no more salt guys. I am lying down my sword. It's time to follow suit.

4 hours ago, Smash said:

I think PvP legacy servers will implode so damn fast. All ark servers are competitive, but so much so with PvP, every official PvP player wants a competitive edge and won't lose out on a head start for anything. That will be looming over everyone's heads right up to launch. Plus the whole arkageddon thing, I'm not religious, but it's basically like the rapture and gonna generate a lot of that "I don't want to be left behind" feeling.

I remember when the center opened up and all the islands emptied....

I'm thinking like 90% leave. A lot might stay but when they stay they will see their server pop drop, which will convince more to go, and so on....a full on wall street 1929 crash

• GP locked this topic

Archived