Server Wipe

Killbolt
Message added by Jerryn

Let's stay on topic and not make this personal.

Note:  Responding to an off topic comment is also off topic.

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, OGCookies said:

Everything you just said would be the same on new servers or old not sure what your getting at here

Thats exactly where im going,they didn't fix anything, just expanded the problem. More over, they said they would fix it IN THE FUTURE, meaning there's no plan to crackdown on those doing it right now. So basically,  dupe as much as you can now because sometime in the future it's (potentially) not gonna be possible, but you will probably keep your duped stuff.

2 minutes ago, Legislator said:

The players of PVE 423 came together and celebrated Wildcard's decision. In the past 2 years a community has been created and we are happy that it is going to survive and evolve after the game's release!

http://imgur.com/a/Jg7hz

My official server has been celebrating as well. It was posted in the server's discord channel and people started going nuts. :)

So many people are logged in right now because most were putting off playing in case of a wipe.

• Volunteer Moderator
2 minutes ago, SmokeyB said:

All legacy servers will be wiped within the year.  

All mega tribes will leave and join new servers. 

Everyone who isn't alpha will leave to try their luck on new servers 

Alphas who like a active server will leave for new active servers 

Trolls who like killing noobs will defo leave for new servers 

Who does that leave on the legacy servers?  

NO ONE 

They will all be deemed low pop 

legacy servers are doomed 

May as well just full wipe,  better to just do it all in one than one bit at a time

Player/tribes looking for a peaceful place to play will create characters on Legacy, find a low pop / zero pop server, about 1 month before the next server recycle date, and all move there.

5 minutes ago, Legislator said:

The players of PVE 423 came together and celebrated Wildcard's decision. In the past 2 years a community has been created and we are happy that it is going to survive and evolve after the game's release!

http://imgur.com/a/Jg7hz

Looks like a good server you have there. Glad they didn't ruin it.  Some people can ruin any server with their attitudes, and they will learn that on their new servers again.

1 minute ago, Jerryn said:

Player/tribes looking for a peaceful place to play will create characters on Legacy, find a low pop / zero pop server, about 1 month before the next server recycle date, and all move there.

No they wont, legacy servers will still be littered by stuff that people log in only to reset timers just like they do right now. Uselessly taking space on the map just to take space on the map.

23 minutes ago, Volcano637 said:

Well I wouldn't say I was fully wrong lol. Pc gamers interview with Jeremy said he did say they would be wiping low pop servers so the wipe is still happening lol

and their decision was to wipe which I was right on but they changed it last minute. I still think they made the wrong choice but oh well, we will just have to see how the release goes down.

200k a month? That's a lot of money. Guess we better hope the whole "anyone that was going to get the game already did" thing isn't true. We still gotta think about refunds as well.

but yes I turned out to be wrong because of a last minute change. It is unfortunate but that is the way it is.

bow we just gotta hope the dupers can do some damage before wildcard can figure out how to fix it.

i am glad they decided to keep the servers segregated though, I really didn't want the tainted stuff on legacy spewing over to the new servers.

who knows maybe WC will run out of money, you never know.

Hey, we agreed on something.

Hey, I though I would put this post out for you smaller ones that don't understand.

Wildcard is playing mindgames. People will start playing on the NEW clusters. Therefore they leave their own LEGACY servers. They will become ''ghost servers'' as described and WILDCARD wipe them. It's a circle. In the end every server will be wiped but just in the way you kids don't understand

Got to give them credits for this one , it was a smart one.

Nice try WC ;) 

• Volunteer Moderator
11 minutes ago, Naerah(Qc) said:

No they wont, legacy servers will still be littered by stuff that people log in only to reset timers just like they do right now. Uselessly taking space on the map just to take space on the map.

And with people logging in and resetting timers... the server won't be wiped.

I tought this out exactly like this few weeks ago. It seemed the best option out of all options i imagined.

Of course everyone will want to play on new ones...fresh start, more equality [since stuff in this game was sometimes in the past easier to get]

Me for one I ll keep playing on my ragnarok isolated server [if it ever comes back again] and maybe if they add a new map i ll mvoe to the new cluster of servers

8 minutes ago, bkrafty said:

Hey, we agreed on something.

Sure I wanted the wipe. I was also fine with with segregation of servers. Luckily they didn't say for a month or 6 months. I am hoping it stays a complete segregation indefinitely.

after reading the interviews from the media with Jeremy it just seems weird that he told them they didn't have the money to do both, which I figured they didn't, but he still made the last minute decision to not wipe.

i am sure most of it was they didn't want the backlash, but I am stuck wondering now if they got bought out will there end up being snail forced pay to win or something. The money has to come from somewhere. Oh well gg guys.

we all including myself can walk away winners in this. I am just happy to know that they had been planning on wiping for awhile. Nobody can control last minute snap decisions and as time has shown WC is very good at changing their minds and rushing into things.

6 minutes ago, Lethex said:

Hey, I though I would put this post out for you smaller ones that don't understand.

Wildcard is playing mindgames. People will start playing on the NEW clusters. Therefore they leave their own LEGACY servers. They will become ''ghost servers'' as described and WILDCARD wipe them. It's a circle. In the end every server will be wiped but just in the way you kids don't understand

Got to give them credits for this one , it was a smart one.

Nice try WC ;) 

Or legacy servers will become more and more concentrated with active players making for a more active community

22 minutes ago, St1ckyBandit said:

Why would they bother wiping legacy servers?

They are already wiping 10%,  say there is over 1000 servers that's like 100 servers or more wiped on release,  and then Any legacy servers that become low pop will be wiped,  that's what they have written,  and they will all be low pop pretty fast 

I actually suggested what they have decided to do awhile ago in another topic.

It is the best way to keep the largest portion of the player base happy.  I think in order to speed up the process of replacing the old servers with new ones and to preserve the resources of the largely populated legacy servers they should be locked to new players.

• Volunteer Moderator
4 minutes ago, SmokeyB said:

They are already wiping 10%,  say there is over 1000 servers that's like 100 servers or more wiped on release,  and then Any legacy servers that become low pop will be wiped,  that's what they have written,  and they will all be low pop pretty fast 

By taking those servers down and doing that on a regular basis going forward—only those that have no player count over a sustained period of time. That may be no servers at some point if all the servers have people on them.

• Volunteer Moderator
8 minutes ago, SmokeyB said:

They have to be zero pop. Jeremy said if people, even 2, are playing on it they will leave it alone.

"Number one: we need to take about ten percent of the servers down. Calling it a 'no wipe' is somewhat inaccurate, it'll be a wipe of servers that nobody plays on anymore. I'm talking about servers that literally no one has played on in weeks, these are basically ghost towns. We don't know exactly what servers those are yet but it's literally servers that have no player population."

• GP locked this topic

Archived