Server Wipe

Killbolt
Message added by Jerryn

Let's stay on topic and not make this personal.

Note:  Responding to an off topic comment is also off topic.

1 minute ago, Sphere said:

This is a bit of a silly question, because whoever is the strongest, is alpha. Although being Alpha on a PvE server doesn't make much sense.

Generally, means you have the best access to resources, base locations, and the best dinos. So if you are a PVE alpha it is less grindy because everyone wants what you have and you take what you need for it.

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

1. I think this is a good decision by Wildcard. The expensive one, to be sure. But the right one. They should be applauded & thanked. I do both.

2. I cannot understand how invested a person must be to hear this announcement and say "I won!" or "Your side lost!" The decision is giving both camps what they wanted - new, fresh servers immune from cross-ARK megatribe raiding -- AND -- preservation of megatribe-controlled existing servers. Just be happy, folks. Y'all got what you wanted. Take the win.

3. Nothing is forever. Eventually - maybe years from now - all legacy servers will be wiped under "ghost town" protocols. This should be expected. Like many deaths on Noob Beach. I completely support Wildcard using such a protocol to do this.

• Volunteer Moderator
1 minute ago, Naerah(Qc) said:

Wrong. A lot of PVE servers too are littered by foundation pillars and behemott gates everywhere. PVE or PVP don't matter to greifers. It's even worse on PVE as you can't even fight back.

So by that statement, the new shiny servers will be the same way in a few weeks. So, what's the difference?

59 minutes ago, Naerah(Qc) said:

Wrong. A lot of PVE servers too are littered by foundation pillars and behemott gates everywhere. PVE or PVP don't matter to greifers. It's even worse on PVE as you can't even fight back.

I've noticed this is much better since the pillar decay change.  Opened up a lot of land on our server.

2 minutes ago, Naerah(Qc) said:

It can be worse. However, it's more in the politics. You make alliances and cut trade routes and the Alpha usually leaves as it is not a fun game type unless you are a social person.

1 minute ago, GritlandYankee said:

Maybe alphas need to recruit more players to their servers and treat new arrivals better. Just spitballin' here....

You mean the 1 day players? They join for one day, and then leave. I don't understand why somebody would do that. Join for a day, enjoy the game and the server, enjoy your tribe and the company, and then never log in anymore.

4 minutes ago, GritlandYankee said:

Maybe alphas need to recruit more players to their servers and treat new arrivals better. Just spitballin' here....

Yes, I agree. Not all alphas are bad. Everyone can't be the alpha of a server which is what I get the feeling some people want. The game is a lot like real life. Dontpick fights with someone bigger than you even if you are right. You can be right or be happy pick one. Also if the alpha is bad and runs everyone off, their server may be next on the chopping block. Think Geopolitics folks, listen to America and you'll be better off. Gotta be someone in charge

26 minutes ago, Joebl0w13 said:

PVE servers aren't owned by anybody.

Sorry, Joe, but that is hardly true.  Try moving to a server where all the beaver spawns are paved with metal bases and the owner pops in from SE twice a month to make certain the timers reset...  The only way you can get CP is Chitin farming or buying it from the Alpha alliance.

Additionally, it is highly unlikely that new players will be attracted to anything that is labeled "Legacy" because that word denotes "old," "outmoded," "cheapened," and (honestly) "doomed."

• Volunteer Moderator
2 minutes ago, electricblooz said:

Sorry, Joe, but that is hardly true.  Try moving to a server where all the beaver spawns are paved with metal bases and the owner pops in from SE twice a month to make certain the timers reset...  The only way you can get CP is Chitin farming or buying it from the Alpha allianc

And this will still be the case on the shiny new servers. Within weeks. They will be the same as the legacy servers.

• Volunteer Moderator
2 minutes ago, electricblooz said:

Sorry, Joe, but that is hardly true.  Try moving to a server where all the beaver spawns are paved with metal bases and the owner pops in from SE twice a month to make certain the timers reset...  The only way you can get CP is Chitin farming or buying it from the Alpha alliance.

Additionally, it is highly unlikely that new players will be attracted to anything that is labeled "Legacy" because that word denotes "old," "outmoded," "cheapened," and (honestly) "doomed."

Well then, maybe the can call the Legendary instead.  :D

However,  just like the original Wipe vs No Wipe discussion, not all of us see this a binary issue of Yes/No, True/False, or 1/0.

To have a chance to survive, you adapt.  To insure failure, you surrender in advance.  Players choice.

Legacy servers is full on BS. It's basically a way of saying your getting wiped but not all at once,  we will let you play on it till you get bored of being isolated and join the new official pvp servers. Everyone is going to go the new servers and the old ones will be wiped one by one. They are already wiping the lowest 10 % population servers,  no server is a dead server since transfers,  they are all used by one tribe or another, I'm betting there is a strong alpha on all them servers and they keep it low pop on purpose to reduce lag or trolling,  it could be a tribes farming server who is too say what a server is low pop,  100 man tribe could own it but only 2 are ever on at once as they have other servers. Legacy servers will be so dead you will quit and join a new server,  and alpha it day one with your massive tribe of experienced players,  and guess what new players won't be able to build on them servers either as all the alphas will be rebuilding and re leveling. I'm gonna level up by killing noobs tames not grinding narcotics again and they ruined swamp cave,  and alphas and the grinders high level now,  leveling will be slow for us experienced players but not as slow as it will be for the new ones.

But the real thing that gets me the most,  is that the legacy servers after all the main tribes leave and join the new main cluster will be alpha by the same weak ass tribes that that like cross ark clusters, the ones who wanna play on their own private server and Wildcard will pay for it, 

What are your thoughts guys?  Will Any pvp alphas be staying on their legacy servers?  everyone going new servers when they come out?  

Well I wouldn't say I was fully wrong lol. Pc gamers interview with Jeremy said he did say they would be wiping low pop servers so the wipe is still happening lol

and their decision was to wipe which I was right on but they changed it last minute. I still think they made the wrong choice but oh well, we will just have to see how the release goes down.

200k a month? That's a lot of money. Guess we better hope the whole "anyone that was going to get the game already did" thing isn't true. We still gotta think about refunds as well.

but yes I turned out to be wrong because of a last minute change. It is unfortunate but that is the way it is.

bow we just gotta hope the dupers can do some damage before wildcard can figure out how to fix it.

i am glad they decided to keep the servers segregated though, I really didn't want the tainted stuff on legacy spewing over to the new servers.

who knows maybe WC will run out of money, you never know.

8 minutes ago, Jerryn said:

Well then, maybe the can call the Legendary instead.  :D

However,  just like the original Wipe vs No Wipe discussion, not all of us see this a binary issue of Yes/No, True/False, or 1/0.

To have a chance to survive, you adapt.  To insure failure, you surrender in advance.  Players choice.

Oh yeah what a real choice. Start a new character on a server, find every ressources nodes pillared or gated. Yeah real choices, as in only one, swich servers until you find one that have ressource, im not even talking about finding a "decent" place to make your base. Yay  for player choices!! And no, the new servers wont be better, mega-tribes will just flood them as they already do and make them unplayable as the legacy one are. Their fun is greifing  other players and that's just what they will do, ruin the fun for everybody else on day 1.

3 minutes ago, SmokeyB said:

But the real thing that gets me the most,  is that the legacy servers after all the main tribes leave and join the new main cluster will be alpha by the same weak ass tribes that that like cross ark clusters, the ones who wanna play on their own private server and Wildcard will pay for it, 

What are your thoughts guys?  Will Any pvp alphas be staying on their legacy servers?  everyone going new servers when they come out?  

Why quit from Legacy server?

You can create new char and make new tribe on new cluster, many people play on multiple servers, Not hard to manage both :P

6 minutes ago, SmokeyB said:

Legacy servers is full on BS. It's basically a way of saying your getting wiped but not all at once,  we will let you play on it till you get bored of being isolated and join the new official pvp servers. Everyone is going to go the new servers and the old ones will be wiped one by one. They are already wiping the lowest 10 % population servers,  no server is a dead server since transfers,  they are all used by one tribe or another, I'm betting there is a strong alpha on all them servers and they keep it low pop on purpose to reduce lag or trolling,  it could be a tribes farming server who is too say what a server is low pop,  100 man tribe could own it but only 2 are ever on at once as they have other servers. Legacy servers will be so dead you will quit and join a new server,  and alpha it day one with your massive tribe of experienced players,  and guess what new players won't be able to build on them servers either as all the alphas will be rebuilding and re leveling. I'm gonna level up by killing noobs tames not grinding narcotics again and they ruined swamp cave,  and alphas and the grinders high level now,  leveling will be slow for us experienced players but not as slow as it will be for the new ones.

Being able to play until we get bored and WANT to move on is very much not a wipe its players choice

Actually it's literally not a wipe.... 

If they can actually fix the duping issue, many won't move. However I'm sure a bunch will move to new servers for the adventure of rising to the top again. But they said they will aim to not close servers that have active players. 

Those who want to stay will. Their choice. Choice is good. 

3 minutes ago, Volcano637 said:

Well I wouldn't say I was fully wrong lol. Pc gamers interview with Jeremy said he did say they would be wiping low pop servers so the wipe is still happening lol

and their decision was to wipe which I was right on but they changed it last minute. I still think they made the wrong choice but oh well, we will just have to see how the release goes down.

200k a month? That's a lot of money. Guess we better hope the whole "anyone that was going to get the game already did" thing isn't true. We still gotta think about refunds as well.

but yes I turned out to be wrong because of a last minute change. It is unfortunate but that is the way it is.

bow we just gotta hope the dupers can do some damage before wildcard can figure out how to fix it.

i am glad they decided to keep the servers segregated though, I really didn't want the tainted stuff on legacy spewing over to the new servers.

who knows maybe WC will run out of money, you never know.

They can't get out of money, Snail bought them and must be pumping money from their pay for perks chineese version of the game.

6 minutes ago, Naerah(Qc) said:

Oh yeah what a real choice. Start a new character on a server, find every ressources nodes pillared or gated. Yeah real choices, as in only one, swich servers until you find one that have ressource, im not even talking about finding a "decent" place to make your base. Yay  for player choices!! And no, the new servers wont be better, mega-tribes will just flood them as they already do and make them unplayable as the legacy one are. Their fun is greifing  other players and that's just what they will do, ruin the fun for everybody else on day 1.

Everything you just said would be the same on new servers or old not sure what your getting at here

All legacy servers will be wiped within the year.  

All mega tribes will leave and join new servers. 

Everyone who isn't alpha will leave to try their luck on new servers 

Alphas who like a active server will leave for new active servers 

Trolls who like killing noobs will defo leave for new servers 

Who does that leave on the legacy servers?  

NO ONE 

They will all be deemed low pop 

legacy servers are doomed 

May as well just full wipe,  better to just do it all in one than one bit at a time 

• GP locked this topic

Archived