Server Wipe

Killbolt
Message added by Jerryn

Let's stay on topic and not make this personal.

Note:  Responding to an off topic comment is also off topic.

Another factor beyond the duping and all that is if person A built up their base and stockpile of supplies using a weight glitched speed quetz for months in order to collect supplies how is person B supposed to use the current systems in order to be able to challenge person A without having to put in many many times the effort originally input by person A?

Regardless if the people are new or not 2 people of equal skill, knowledge, and ability should be able to put in the same amount of effort and  expect to receive the same results however in the current state of the game the changes that were made were so drastic that you are essentially playing a totally different game than someone who built up prior to the flyer nerf among other changes.

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
18 minutes ago, BookofBlade said:

Another factor beyond the duping and all that is if person A built up their base and stockpile of supplies using a weight glitched speed quetz for months in order to collect supplies how is person B supposed to use the current systems in order to be able to challenge person A without having to put in many many times the effort originally input by person A?

Regardless if the people are new or not 2 people of equal skill, knowledge, and ability should be able to put in the same amount of effort and  expect to receive the same results however in the current state of the game the changes that were made were so drastic that you are essentially playing a totally different game than someone who built up prior to the flyer nerf among other changes.

+1 totally correct, infact the only people who can rightly justify being against the wipe are those who have bought the game in the last month or so, and even then the time they have invested isn't enough to complain about starting again.

Personally I don't think they will wipe on release, I think they will do it a few weeks/month  after release, they have put most of their time into the disk version as of late and giving single player alot of needed love, they haven't really started to change multiplayer yet so once they have had the time to fix aspects of multiplayer I think then they will wipe if they are going to do, so I wouldn't be surprised if you get a statement tomorrow saying "as said earlier by Jeremy we will not be wiping on release, however it is a strong possibility we will further down the line when multiplayer is sorted"  That way Jeremy saves face and they can wipe when they're ready.

6 minutes ago, Insomniak said:

I would put a very large, substantial amount of money on the guess that Jeremy would love to clean wipe the servers in the near future.. where's the conspiracy? 

I was jokingly referring to the fact he liked the statement and response request on the tweet. I was sitting on the fence initially and handing out kindling to see what takes fire, that's all

5 minutes ago, St1ckyBandit said:

Wait....? You mean you cant draw a definitive conclusion off of that extremely vague statement ?

Considering it's WC, there is no telling what they will do.  Nothing they do makes sense so logic can't be applied.  But usually in the business world, if you ask a direct question and don't get a direct answer...it's 90% of the time because they know you will rage at the answer lol

1 hour ago, X111 said:

I was jokingly referring to the fact he liked the statement and response request on the tweet. I was sitting on the fence initially and handing out kindling to see what takes fire, that's all

Lol no worries it will take more than a like to change some people's mind one way or another. Hell, it might even take more than an official statement or.. several 

1 minute ago, Insomniak said:

Lol no worries it will take more than a like to change some people's mind one way or another. Hell, it might even take more than an official statement or.. several 

don't give them ideas lol they've already got everyone's imaginations fired up with tomorrows meeting, I'm not going to lie, being in a 2 man tribe, getting a 98% and 65% giga imprint, 150 perfect tames on argy, rex's and quetz as well as the amount of MC and ASC gear and base builds I will be a bit salty after a wipe but it is what it is I suppose.

In my opinion a wipe won't achieve anything. Firstly WC will lose a lot of old members. Secondly mega tribes will still be mega tribes. Thirdly if they're releasing new servers that you can't transfer into (Fresh Start Rangarok servers) why can't they do the same for Island / Centre, have Beta Servers and Full release Servers seperate. 

4 hours ago, YUSHOETMI said:

We do allow new players but we have to trust them first which is the biggest issue in this game, if a tribe has a new member incoming we turn of defences in a certain area and let them spawn before putting them up again, and there is even an area people can spawn if they can find it where there is a "safe zone" where they cant really escape but won't be killed instantly, best part is its usually the last place somebody joining a server will spawn so they will have already lost any gear to break out with by then.  Granted if the tribes fight again then it could all end in tears but upto now its been more about the outside problems than the internal struggles.

Granted yeah a large tribe can do alot in just a few days, but not when it comes to breeding or taming the likes of gigas and whatnot, plus hopefully if they rearrange the servers then some of the large tribes will end up together eventually wiping one and setting them both back by a good while, giving the fresher spawns time to develop further, plus most big tribes are the ones saying they'll quit if they wipe so they will probably have less numbers either way.

Time will tell, I just want the game to reach its potential rather than stay at this level of broke its at now.

You bring up a good truth here which many overlook and that is defenses on existing pvp servers are not necessarily out to get the new player still trying to figure out controls but to repel (even temporarily) an outside attack that may or may not be with legit assets. Everyone is pointing out the bad with everything on the current servers- overlooked are the alphas on pvp looking out for the smaller tribes and pve, the welcoming of someone who's taken the time to communicate, respectfully,  with the server. 

• Volunteer Moderator
2 minutes ago, sebtessier said:

They should wipe half the servers and keep half. Each being in clusters. 

Stated "vanilla server" and "launch server". Everybody would be happy. Wamna play with old dino? Move them and go on.

Restart without buying a thyla lvl 250 for 150 ingot? They got you.

Everybody would be happy? So how would WC decide which half to wipe and which half to not wipe? Why would the half being wiped be happy that they were chosen to be wiped and the other half not?

1 minute ago, GP said:

Everybody would be happy? So how would WC decide which half to wipe and which half to not wipe? Why would the half being wiped be happy that they were chosen to be wiped and the other half not?

The long part of the game is breeding, mating and gathering. The base is very east to do with High dino. Find a new place an settle down. 

Its better than simply being wipe off from hundreds of breeding/taming hours. I would prefer losing a 20h work on a base than bred rex, quetz and giga

6 minutes ago, sebtessier said:

The long part of the game is breeding, mating and gathering. The base is very east to do with High dino. Find a new place an settle down. 

Its better than simply being wipe off from hundreds of breeding/taming hours. I would prefer losing a 20h work on a base than bred rex, quetz and giga

Not true, there's a lot of ways to play ark. Some are breeding, effectively, but some others are bases builders (see screenshots section). Building a great base take lot of time, and some creativity too. On pve servers we see lot of great bases. Bases builders wouldn't see their base be wiped at any cost.

• GP locked this topic

Archived