Server Wipe

Killbolt
Message added by Jerryn

Let's stay on topic and not make this personal.

Note:  Responding to an off topic comment is also off topic.

11 minutes ago, vtallbloke said:

The official line was there will be no wipe.

Why do these threads keep coming up? Is it like the scottish referendum? You will just keep asking the question, until you get the answer that some of you want?

Pretty much. Believe me this thread won't end Wednesday either and as quoted many times here "mark my words"! 

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
55 minutes ago, Volcano637 said:

Looks like Jeremy is still having fun with people on twitter lol

i tweeted to him "really hope when you guys give the state of the ark announcement on Wednesday that you finally talk about the wipe. It is time"

and just like the other guy, Jeremy liked it. He is either doing some trolling or he is hinting at something. I can't really tell but it is pretty funny and frustrating lol

gg Jeremy 

Lmao dude that's not the real Jeremy did you click on it?

8 minutes ago, Volcano637 said:

Yep I clicked on his name and it took me to the same twitter page that has all his tweets and profile.

Look at the spelling of the @ part dude. @arkjeramy... there's an a instead of an e. Also how many followers does it have.

@arkjeremy is the real one. Kinda like how Jen was being used yesterday.

3 minutes ago, Specter229 said:

Look at the spelling of the @ part dude. @arkjeramy... there's an a instead of an e. Also how many followers does it have.

@arkjeremy is the real one. Kinda like how Jen was being used yesterday.

Ah yep I just saw that. Luckily it was the real Jeremy that liked the other guys wipe question lol

On 2/5/2017 at 4:01 AM, GP said:

They have stated that there is no intention to wipe servers at launch, with the exception of very low populated or empty servers that may get re-purposed with a 1 month notice.

As for how low a low populated server needs to be that is unknown.

Will they still release the maps for people who want to rehost the server?

I'm still super interested in how the final release even turns out. The copy they burned onto the disk has to be one of the recent ones and let's face it... its not running right :/ at this point a lot of work has to happen to give us a fully functional "finished" game at release. Honestly, I really enjoy this game but going off of the past results I don't see them pulling off a seamless release (or anything even close) That being said what good would a wipe do anyway it's not like they can wipe and then spend a month or longer fixing bugs and then say lets wipe it again LoL (although those angry they didn't win again will be asking for it...) it makes complete sense that they will not wipe due to the fact the game will not be fully fixed at release they have to know this and be planning on it.

48 minutes ago, Lucifina said:

I'm still super interested in how the final release even turns out. The copy they burned onto the disk has to be one of the recent ones and let's face it... its not running right :/ at this point a lot of work has to happen to give us a fully functional "finished" game at release. Honestly, I really enjoy this game but going off of the past results I don't see them pulling off a seamless release (or anything even close) That being said what good would a wipe do anyway it's not like they can wipe and then spend a month or longer fixing bugs and then say lets wipe it again LoL (although those angry they didn't win again will be asking for it...) it makes complete sense that they will not wipe due to the fact the game will not be fully fixed at release they have to know this and be planning on it.

That's actually a pretty interesting take. Say there's new (fairly) main stream ways to dupe, huge glaring exploits, even balance issues etc. when the game is released. It might not be to quite the same degree that we'll have with no wipe at all, but you're absolutely right that people will gripe about how unfair it is that there are others that have things from cheating, exploiting, previous balancing, etc. that they don't have access to. Technically, I agree, it's not fair at all, but neither is life, nor do I think that it's even possible to make a game like Ark fair unless you're doing more a SotF sort of thing. If there are any changes that make the game harder in any way after release, to be fair, everyone should have to start from scratch under the same rules, so wipe with every patch and we'll get the final game without wipes when WC stops supporting Ark - yeah right, no one actually wants that.

I'm rooting and hoping for WC, I really want Ark to succeed, but I agree that that I will be picking my jaw up off the ground if they have anything like a seamless launch. I really think WC is going to botch the launch, but with new influx of cash do just well enough to keep it together and in roughly a year from now Ark will be an amazing mostly polished game. If anything, I'm excited for launch because without the excuse that it's EA the fixes are going to have to come a whole lot faster if they want to have a successful game. They're also going to need to figure out a way to remove cheaters and their ill gotten items/dinos without full on server wipes. I'm sure there is a not small group of people out there eagerly waiting for the full launch build to hit, not so that they can play the final game, rather so they can see if they can figure out ways to dupe/cheat/etc; I don't get, but that's the fun part for some people. So almost definitely it takes multiple iterations before WC is able to close all vulnerabilities.

3 hours ago, Lucifina said:

Single player received some love. They never said multiplayer was ship ready but they needed/wanted to get the hard copy out to people who can't download it and play online. They have three weeks to tweak multiplayer for launch since obviously if you can play online, you can download a patch or 8 or 9 ?

I for one would love a server wipe. There is a whole bunch of Dinos me and my alliance never fully enjoyed. Like the iquanodon or the equus. Sure those dinosaur have some uses but when your alliance is busy raising boss rexs and being worried about Dino cap constantly (Xbox PvE) we really can't enjoy some of the newer content updates. The game has changed so much since early access release. Starting over wouldn't work since half the servers I have visited over the past months have all good and great spots claimed or pillared. A fresh start when the game releases next month would be fun.

• Volunteer Moderator
7 minutes ago, Hakada said:

Do we know if this is the real Jeremy or an impersonator of him?

The one in the video is the real Jeremy. Plus there is no way an impersonator could easily get 29k followers, unless using a bot.

The Jeremy that Volcano637 fell for was an impersonator.

• GP locked this topic

Archived