Server Wipe

Killbolt
Message added by Jerryn

Let's stay on topic and not make this personal.

Note:  Responding to an off topic comment is also off topic.

1 minute ago, bkrafty said:

Which is it? I can't be both. when I complained about not having time to get back to where I was your position was no, just a couple days. Now it " No that won't happen anytime soon" O.o???

God you just continue to go off topic to argue.

yes building back up would be quick. Both of those comments are about building. 

I never said taming would be quick because there has never been a time I thought the taming would be quick, that's totally separate.

smh. Just knock it off

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, Ulta said:

I think he meant, it still takes very little time to 'build' your base back up. But it still takes a long time for anyone to get back to their previous 'tame' count, because taming and breeding animals on official takes hours even for just one worthy dino, and even longer if you expand your dino pop with breeding, much less making sure they are good levels throughout.

Leveling itself isn't completely slow, there are many ways ot boost your exp gain. But taming and breeding dino's takes a looong while.

Thank you and yes that is exactly what I was saying.

i also didn't mean to make is sound like the leveling part would take that much time. I have also power leveled many characters very quickly. 

1 minute ago, Volcano637 said:

God you just continue to go off topic to argue.

yes building back up would be quick. Both of those comments are about building. 

I never said taming would be quick because there has never been a time I thought the taming would be quick, that's totally separate.

smh. Just knock it off

I am on topic. I don't think wiping servers is fair or the right decision because many people like myself don't have the time to invest to get back to where we were and would like to do some end game things. A  related counter argument has always been it won't/will take too long to build back up (some think long, some think not too long, and some just change their position to fit their current agenda). I don't think a base without any good dinos to harvest materials and raid with would last too long so building back up clearly means, building back to what the tribe had before a wipe. I have no interest in arguing, just treating facts as facts or at least being consistent in your argument. Nothing I have said is personally attacking, and it's it totally fair to ask someone to justify their conflicting position.

So I go back to my original statement that myself and others don't have a thousand hours or more to get back to where we were, to which you responded " I thought it was easy to build back up. Is it really going to take another 2000+ hours? That's weird most people think it would be a couple days."  So now that we agree on something, I guess we can debate why it is not fair to ask players to re spend that kind of time just to get back to where they were when there are other options.  I will continue to discuss the pro's and con's of a wipe and don't appreciate being told to knock it off. 

16 minutes ago, Ulta said:

I think he meant, it still takes very little time to 'build' your base back up. But it still takes a long time for anyone to get back to their previous 'tame' count, because taming and breeding animals on official takes hours even for just one worthy dino, and even longer if you expand your dino pop with breeding, much less making sure they are good levels throughout.

Leveling itself isn't completely slow, there are many ways ot boost your exp gain. But taming and breeding dino's takes a looong while.

Thank you for helping clear that up. However, in the original context of the post I made about not having time to build back up to what I had he understood what I meant and was using the question to bait others into telling me I was wrong so he could agree with them. It was just hard to see the flip/flopping, but I will let it go now that we agree it would take a serious investment in hours to be made whole again. That was all my original point was.

2 minutes ago, bkrafty said:

Thank you for helping clear that up. However, in the original context of the post I made about not having time to build back up to what I had he understood what I meant and was using the question to bait others into telling me I was wrong so he could agree with them. It was just hard to see the flip/flopping, but I will let it go now that we agree it would take a serious investment in hours to be made whole again. That was all my original point was.

If a player spent 2000 hours on the first run it's a fair assessment to say they would take almost as much for the second go around. I really don't see how anyone can logically believe otherwise since it didn't really take that long to learn how stuff works.. if we're all honest. Remember though volcano doesn't have a base currently, or dinos. He has invested all his would be gaming time into convincing himself there will be a full server wipe. Building up for him would be accomplished in two days because coming from nothing, anything is something. 

2 minutes ago, Insomniak said:

If a player spent 2000 hours on the first run it's a fair assessment to say they would take almost as much for the second go around. I really don't see how anyone can logically believe otherwise since it didn't really take that long to learn how stuff works.. if we're all honest. Remember though volcano doesn't have a base currently, or dinos. He has invested all his would be gaming time into convincing himself there will be a full server wipe. Building up for him would be accomplished in two days because coming from nothing, anything is something. 

I agree, but I don't want to be attacked (on forums) by him so I will leave it at that.

BKRAFTY ....I don't get your point, either you have time to play the game or not; either way a wipe shouldnt be a problem for you then?? If you are a legitimate player then experiencing the thrills the games brings on PVP under fair gaming without duping and DDOS roll back must be Intriging. Also if you were a legitimate player, I wonder if you would be complaining once one of these duping mega come on and wipe out your 2000+ play time in less a week.  I mean most of the trolls didn't even put in the time they just duped n duped n duped!! The only people really complaining are dupers!! Cause they didn't invest the time,and know they won't be in that power troll mode again, they just used dishonest means and now are wiping out genuine time investors. 

And please don't say these mega dupers could not wipe you, cause that would only be true if you were a duper yourself!!

Just now, mphelan49 said:

I don't get your point, either you have time to play the game or not; either way a wipe shouldnt be a problem for you then?? If you are a legitimate player then experiences the thrills the games brings on PVP under fair gaming with duping and DDOS roll back must be Intriging and also if you were a legitimate player I wonder if you would be complaining once one of these duping mega come on n wipe out your 2000+ play time in less a week.  I mean most of the trolls didn't even put in the time they just duped n duped n duped!! The only people really complaining are dupers!! Cause they didn't invest the time, just cheated and now are wiping out genuine time investors. 

And please don't say these mega dupers could not wipe you cause that would only be true if you were a duper yourself!!

I can play for an hour or 2 a day. Many of my tribe has quit and I don't have time to reinvest all their hours also. I have spent countless vacations breeding and imprinting, don't have that kind of time again. Finally, servers will wipe themselves in good time or become low population and can be repurposed. That's, why you don't try and run everyone off your server by being an a**. Finally, a wipe will not fix DDoS'ing and dupping, so until that is addressed it would be dumb to wipe. Like wiping before you poop.

2 minutes ago, mphelan49 said:

BKRAFTY ....I don't get your point, either you have time to play the game or not; either way a wipe shouldnt be a problem for you then?? If you are a legitimate player then experiences the thrills the games brings on PVP under fair gaming with duping and DDOS roll back must be Intriging and also if you were a legitimate player I wonder if you would be complaining once one of these duping mega come on n wipe out your 2000+ play time in less a week.  I mean most of the trolls didn't even put in the time they just duped n duped n duped!! The only people really complaining are dupers!! Cause they didn't invest the time, just cheated and now are wiping out genuine time investors. 

And please don't say these mega dupers could not wipe you cause that would only be true if you were a duper yourself!!

Xbox doesn't have the extent of duping that pc has. I understand your unhappy with the state of the pvp game on pc but don't assume everyone feels the same way you do about their situation. You know what they say about that word, assume, right? 

I

4 minutes ago, bkrafty said:

I can play for an hour or 2 a day. Many of my tribe has quit and I don't have time to reinvest all their hours also. I have spent countless vacations breeding and imprinting, don't have that kind of time again. Finally, servers will wipe themselves in good time or become low population and can be repurposed. That's, why you don't try and run everyone off your server by being an a**. Finally, a wipe will not fix DDoS'ing and dupping, so until that is addressed it would be dumb to wipe. Like wiping before you poop.

I completely agree with you there, the DDOS and duping is the real issue and needs to be sorted before a wipe happens. The problem is that the extent has been so bad that it needs to happen bring everything back to a even playing field. I'm all for mega tribes/alpha tribes as that s the game mechanic but through fair means and time invested. I do believe that the game will attract decent gamers and make for challenging PvP not trolls who at this moment in time are going from server to server duping like mad.

2 hours ago, wallaby said:

wow d1ck  move mods merging my thread here , just drown it in noise so u dont have to answer it huh :Jerbmad: 

If it's a wipe/no wipe question they can't answer it. Even if they were told it they wouldn't be able to share that info. If you read into the previous thread that you are now a part of it clearly said Wednesday the development team plans on sharing some info regarding the future of multiplayer 

16 minutes ago, Insomniak said:

Xbox doesn't have the extent of duping that pc has. I understand your unhappy with the state of the pvp game on pc but don't assume everyone feels the same way you do about their situation. You know what they say about that word, assume, right? 

Really, that's funny I just spent a week on my XBOX (so next trying not being so presumptious) watching 3 alpha tribes being wiped out through nothing but duping and DDOS attacks. These alpha tribes had allies on servers, guess what same things. Then all you have to do is go from server to server and ask the question, same common problem rollbacks. Funny apart from the odd server requirement to rollback the only real reason for constant rollback is duping!! 

Let me ask you a question;  if your a genuine player (non duper) and in the next week, your many hours was wiped from duping. Would you invest the time again to build up or would you actually want the problem sorted and everyone including people who by this disc to start on an even playing field with you having the chance to build and alpha without being destroyed through dishonest means??

6 minutes ago, mphelan49 said:

Really, that's funny I just spent a week on my XBOX (so next trying not being so presumptious) watching 3 alpha tribes being wiped out through nothing but duping and DDOS attacks. These alpha tribes had allies on servers, guess what same things. Then all you have to do is go from server to server and ask the question, same common problem rollbacks. Funny apart from the odd server requirement to rollback the only real reason for constant rollback is duping!! 

Let me ask you a question;  if your a genuine player (non duper) and in the next week, your many hours was wiped from duping. Would you invest the time again to build up or would you actually want the problem sorted and everyone including people who by this disc to start on an even playing field with you having the chance to build and alpha without being destroyed through dishonest means??

I get what your saying and I'm not disagreeing with the end result of everyone being on an even playing field.. at least as far as playing legitimately.  And no I would probably not build back until the problem was fixed.. what's the point right? I don't think many would if the servers were left unchecked. My statement was there was less duping on Xbox also, not that it didn't exist. I didn't mean for it to falsely sound that way if that's what you took it for. Players still can play legit on Xbox pvp is all I was saying. Also, if you know a tribe has duped gear and dinos you should report it, as well as anyone on those servers affected- it might save someone time down the road.

57 minutes ago, bkrafty said:

I don't think wiping servers is fair or the right decision because many people like myself don't have the time to invest to get back to where we were and would like to do some end game things.

Honest question: Do you think it is fair that other tribes have been wiped by dupers?

I have no particular dog in this fight, but lean more towards a wipe - given how awful the cheating has become.

18 minutes ago, Insomniak said:

I get what your saying and I'm not disagreeing with the end result of everyone being on an even playing field.. at least as far as playing legitimately.  And no I would probably not build back until the problem was fixed.. what's the point right? I don't think many would if the servers were left unchecked. My statement was there was less duping on Xbox also, not that it didn't exist. I didn't mean for it to falsely sound that way if that's what you took it for. Players still can play legit on Xbox pvp is all I was saying. Also, if you know a tribe has duped gear and dinos you should report it, as well as anyone on those servers affected- it might save someone time down the road.

Apologies didn't mean to sound agressive. 

I do feel for players that have put in hundreds of hours, that will be lost. But I would say I have seen servers go from full to 10+ players in over a week, over the past month or so, due to the issue of mega tribe duping/DDoS, With many players going to play different games. Eventually all these tribes will have to take on is the people that are left who will then also leave destroying a game that has so much potential.

WC have better things to do than reply to me, and I'm sure there aware of the issue, but I also understand they won't reply because they won't kill there testing numbers so soon before official release. I just think these forums have become venting grounds for most myself including after being taken out or not being able to get established because of others using dishonest means!

24 minutes ago, GritlandYankee said:

Honest question: Do you think it is fair that other tribes have been wiped by dupers?

I have no particular dog in this fight, but lean more towards a wipe - given how awful the cheating has become.

Probably not. However diplomacy goes a long way and you never really know what a tribe has untill you cross them. I am for banning of dupers and wiping them. 

On 16/07/2017 at 1:12 AM, Specter229 said:

I don't have the time to rebuild everything I have. I'm limited to about an hour maybe 2 a day which is enough time to tame what a low level trike? How is My opinion pointless? Because I can't dedicate every waking minute to the game I'm less important?  Let me put it another way, I have the gear and the dinos now to accomplish tasks such as boss battles or cave runs. I do not have the time to build back up to where I am currently as I have a kid who is trying to potty train and kinda requires attention. But let me just tell him to Raptor off so I can focus on rebuilding if there is a wipe shall I? And as I have stated numerous times, I don't want to start from scratch for the umpteenth time. It may appeal to you but it doesn't appeal to me. Here's another way to explain it and I'm hoping one of these makes sense as I'm not sure I was clear enough in my original post but here goes nothing. I don't have time to grind anymore. I am established. I has things. Shiny loots. Starting over not fun, too many restarts for me, I stop playing rather than start over again. 

There short concise sentences. 

Oh wait one more thing, don't you think it's the people with less time to play who have built up to a degree over the past 2 years who have the most to lose? But what do I know my opinion is pointless as you so gallantry put it.

Feed the kid to a mosasaurs then or a group of pre-nerfed electrophorus then you have more time for ark

22 minutes ago, mphelan49 said:

Apologies didn't mean to sound agressive. 

I do feel for players that have put in hundreds of hours, that will be lost. But I would say I have seen servers go from full to 10+ players in over a week, over the past month or so, due to the issue of mega tribe duping/DDoS, With many players going to play different games. Eventually all these tribes will have to take on is the people that are left who will then also leave destroying a game that has so much potential.

WC have better things to do than reply to me, and I'm sure there aware of the issue, but I also understand they won't reply because they won't kill there testing numbers so soon before official release. I just think these forums have become venting grounds for most myself including after being taken out or not being able to get established because of others using dishonest means!

Well, that's why these are here because unlike twitter etc. someone can express a complete idea or opinion on one post instead of several. I give WC props for not deleting any of it.. good or bad, it really says a lot if you think about it. Also there might be other things contributing to player numbers being lower, it is summer after all and people do have lives outside of ark and video games, unfortunetely lol 

I said it once before, but I'll repeat it.

Even if the duping isn't fixed, WC can most definitely tell immediately who the dupers are with a wipe. The tribe that has Tek on day 2 most likely no? Would make it very easy for WC to see who the dupers are and ban them. Course that's just speculation, and I'd rather them fix the duping problem first before before release so as not to stain their release anymore than it already will be. The duped stuff might be easier to pick out since there wouldn't be 2 years worth sitting around. Only a weeks worth.

I doubt they'll go this route to solve it though. It's the most unconventional way. Hoping they'll have a duping fix/anti-duping method set in place instead.

7 minutes ago, Insomniak said:

Well, that's why these are here because unlike twitter etc. someone can express a complete idea or opinion on one post instead of several. I give WC props for not deleting any of it.. good or bad, it really says a lot if you think about it. Also there might be other things contributing to player numbers being lower, it is summer after all and people do have lives outside of ark and video games, unfortunetely lol 

Lol how dare people have lives away from video games. But yeah I agree I have a wife n 2 kids n only play a few hours 5 nights a week, and I think they maybe why it's even more frustrating with the game being in it's current state, because you want to make every hour count but then it gets destroyed by dishonest means.

Maybe summer has something to do with it on most servers? I just am aware that the server I was on with 3 alpha most of them where connected as Xbox friends and now you see then playing anything but ark! 

But hey WC has made a game I actually went onto the forum for and that's a first, so I guess thats why I'm hoping they fix the issues either by wipe or other means because it's the first game since I was a teenager that I have be bothered to put time into.

Time will tell!

Looks like Jeremy is still having fun with people on twitter lol

i tweeted to him "really hope when you guys give the state of the ark announcement on Wednesday that you finally talk about the wipe. It is time"

and just like the other guy, Jeremy liked it. He is either doing some trolling or he is hinting at something. I can't really tell but it is pretty funny and frustrating lol

gg Jeremy 

I still dont get this.

The official line was there will be no wipe.

Why do these threads keep coming up? Is it like the scottish referendum? You will just keep asking the question, until you get the answer that some of you want?

I am guessing that these threads are generated by people who WANT the wipe?

Well surprise surprise, there are those of us that dont. 

All the shouts and calls of duping? if you think thats the case, report it, thats what you are supposed to do, with your proof of course.

So why dont we just wait and see if the official line on the matter changes, without keep going on until you get the answer you clearly want!

• GP locked this topic

Archived