Server Wipe

Killbolt
Message added by Jerryn

Let's stay on topic and not make this personal.

Note:  Responding to an off topic comment is also off topic.

21 minutes ago, Metatron245 said:

I'd be in favor of a wipe. I can't play on Officials because you spawn in and are surrounded by mega bases everywhere now... no where for new players to build.

Not true ... I choose one of many PVP servers and the whole west coast is empty. Be creative and be selective. Don't judge all servers just by looking at one.

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

On one hands it's so frustrating to lose all these hours of work but on an other hand, it's also true to say that some past glitch or patch made some tame easier for some people. I agree with the fact that it could be really difficult to start over but now at least, we have the gaming exeprience in mind to be more efficient. Anyway I'll personally respect wildcard's decision. It's maybe better to make people beginning on a equal scale.

30 minutes ago, Volcano637 said:

I gotta disagree with the whole join a tribe, get built up and rule the ark thing being the point of this game.

nah, some people turned it into that but that not what the game is about. It is a survival game that is supposed to center around survival and dinosaurs 

It's in the loading screen! Wildcard put it There! It's not some magical phrase the alpha tribes came up with. 

Not verbatim but there it is.

maxresdefault (1).jpg

48 minutes ago, Lucifina said:

X-box players got to wonder about the new map being released this Wednesday why start out if there is a chance they would lose everything in a mere 3 weeks anyway? Would it make any sense to release a map and then wipe it completely in 3 weeks? To me that doesn't make any sense at all...

Nah. I am very excited about ragnarok. It gives me 3 weeks to go around and find good places to build. Of course I won't worry about building up but it gives me time to get a good game plan going. Also want to figure out where all the best resource locations are. 3 weeks is a perfect amount of time to do that.

plus I will be able to mess around on a new server until the wipe comes. Very excited 

7 minutes ago, Hidden47 said:

, it's also true to say that some past glitch or patch made some tame easier for some people.

I would have one request, personally, from me just to the devs and that's if they ever do have to wipe the servers from some untold glitch to please reset the servers back to 1x. I want everyone who believes this to have the joy of all the Berry and raw taming that was meant as the true ARK experience 

43 minutes ago, pkerjock said:

They need servers where duping is fixed and you can't crossark from old servers. Else the new ones will just turn into a dupe fest. That's always gonna be the big issue. It's even bigger for the fact WC just don't seem to care at all people are duping and crashing their servers 24/7.

The ragnarok servers for PC were supposed to be isolated with no chance of transfers until a certain time. Yet, a handful of people figured out how to transfer stuff through a limited time glitch which explains the duped tek behemoth gates and tek turrets you will see on ragnarok servers. That's one of the reasons you can't even play ragnarok. The constant rollbacks and duping. This games a big joke anymore

2 minutes ago, Insomniak said:

I would have one request, personally, from me just to the devs and that's if they ever do have to wipe the servers from some untold glitch to please reset the servers back to 1x. I want everyone who believes this to have the joy of all the Berry and raw taming that was meant as the true ARK experience 

I kind of miss the old 1x everything. People were still stronger yet there was a lot less tames and even the alphas had smaller bases.

the game was a lot better with 1x. But of course people weren't happy with it. Always has to be more, they can't just appreciate what they had

2 minutes ago, Volcano637 said:

I kind of miss the old 1x everything. People were still stronger yet there was a lot less tames and even the alphas had smaller bases.

the game was a lot better with 1x. But of course people weren't happy with it. Always has to be more, they can't just appreciate what they had

Then institute a stricter building and tame limit. Even a tribe member limit.

Making the game a rock hitting simulator absolutely sucks.

15 minutes ago, Volcano637 said:

TI kind of miss the old 1x everything. People were still stronger yet there was a lot less tames and even the alphas had smaller bases.

I miss it until I remember back to Berry taming my 116 and 120 bronto pair on month two. 30 hours a piece... split shifts between me and the wife and maybe a tribemate for a couple hours. God, they were worth it though at the time 

19 minutes ago, St1ckyBandit said:

Then institute a stricter building and tame limit. Even a tribe member limit.

Making the game a rock hitting simulator absolutely sucks.

Yeah they definitely need to have a lot stricter building and tame limits regardless of what they do. That is what is causing all the lag. Smh

10 minutes ago, Insomniak said:

I miss it until I remember back to Berry taming my 116 and 120 bronto pair on month two. 30 hours a piece... split shifts between me and the wife and maybe a tribemate for a couple hours. God, they were worth it though at the time 

Actually come to think of it. You reminded me of how much I miss 120 being the highest tame. God I hate that they brought breeding into this game.

and don't get started on cross ark. Yuck!

5 minutes ago, Volcano637 said:

Yeah they definitely need to have a lot stricter building and tame limits regardless of what they do. That is what is causing all the lag. Smh

The sad thing is my neighbors have a small building surrounded by 4 or 5 behemoth gates and it still lags like crazy going by them. Its not just the huge bases, its basically any behemoth gate.

10 minutes ago, Ganjasmoker said:

dont buy early access games if u dont want wipes....

and where do i say i don't want a wipe?

i say a wipe won't make a difference. within a week me and my tribe will have a massive base again, while the new "solo" players who have to lear the game won't even reach wood-tier

if you don't believe this, then that's on you

I totally believe they will stick with their original plan and add new servers at release. Probably do what many here have suggested and make new servers and legacy servers that are separate. From my perspective if they actually wiped now it would literally destroy the game after a brief spike from the new users. Their new DLC would be met with abysmal sales due to losing their huge collection of veteran base players. I'm not talking about all of you angry PvP players that want a wipe to get even with the big guys or whatever, I'm talking bout the other large mass that is going to judge WC by how they handle this "hard release date" and the statement they had made previously about it...(which still is the only "official statement" about their wipe/no wipe stance regardless of the time it was made or what has happened between then and now) They proclaimed NO WIPE therefore there will be NO WIPE.

57 minutes ago, St1ckyBandit said:

The sad thing is my neighbors have a small building surrounded by 4 or 5 behemoth gates and it still lags like crazy going by them. Its not just the huge bases, its basically any behemoth gate.

Wow, I haven't experienced that. My buddy and I even had pretty big base with about 50 Dinos and it wasn't lagging.

but then when I was part of my big tribe it was almost constantly laggy and kicked me all the time. Had to stop because it got too annoying. That's why I am waiting for ragnarok and i will definitely pick one that is isolated to itself. It will be nice to be lag free for awhile

most people have the answer they want by now.  official response is probably not going to happen for various reasons. WC is not going to come out publically and say one way or another right now. I have mentioned my opinion on happenings throughout this thread  ... whether I was right or wrong is up to anyone to check and decide. Repeating posts is not my thing and some people's minds aren't going to change regardless, which is fine that's their choice what to believe.

• GP locked this topic

Archived